Search for content in message boards

SANDBACH & TINNE

Replies: 15

Re: SANDBACH & TINNE

Posted: 4 Oct 2013 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Lisa,

Thanks so much for your reply.

There are two branches to my research. One is the general history of houses 1-16 in our street. The other is our house (No 10) when a girls' school (1887-95).

If you go to: http://www.cathcarthill.co.uk/houses-1-16/number-10/

you can see details about our house and then navigate from there to other houses. I haven't posted anything about No 8 or thr Risiens yet. They sound like an interesting lot! So your details may spur me on to do just that. Also go to "events and incidents" for a hilarious and unique elephant story.

I'm keeping much of the info about our house when a school under wraps. Recent trips for that research include our National Archives and visiting Countess Isita June Badeni and also Nina, who at 97 is the only living child of any of the known former pupils (as per the 1891 Census). Her mother, Frances Ada was a one-armed orphan student in our house.

If you Google "Cathcart Hill, London", you should be able to get on to Google's street view. No 8 is pretty much obscured by trees, but the houses are all very similar. Not to be confused with the slightly newer mansion flats on the opposite side of the road. I still need to take photos of the individual houses and add them to the webpage.

Any photos and info about George William and the Risiens very welcome.

paul.klein@blueyonder.co.uk ....(email me and I will try to get a photo or two of 8 CathcartHill).

Paul
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johngreateau 2 Jul 2010 5:48PM GMT 
yertchuk 6 Jul 2010 3:03PM GMT 
grosehodge 21 Apr 2013 3:28PM GMT 
yertchuk 4 Oct 2013 1:38PM GMT 
grosehodge 4 Oct 2013 7:03PM GMT 
malikalnasir 24 Nov 2010 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic