Search for content in message boards

Binning and Smith

Replies: 18

Re: Lambert de Nieuwerkerk

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have your post to the message board. I am in the process of moving and the packing goes on for ever. Sorry for the delay

First my great great grandmother was Mary Hollingsworth de Nieuwerkerk. Elizabeth was her younger sister. They lived together for the last part of their lives. The Hollingsworth family is quite large and they emmigrated everywhere - not only to British Guiana but also to Barbados and directly from England to other parts of the British Empire

In the Hollingswoth message board you should see a link to a Douglas Hollingworth who lives in Texas (I think) He seems quite knowledgabel about the family. Much more so than I am. The Hollingswoth family came from Scotland to Barbados and the BG. Elizabeth Haynes was born in Barbados.
That is one line of the family. Other lines of the family may have come directly from Scotland to BG. Cousins and distant cousins are sometimes thought to be brothers when they are not and the lines are hard to trace.

I have not been able to find the origin of the Haynes name
but many times a name like that would be the maiden name of a relative but I have not been able to find a connection. I know of other family names which came into the family that
way.

Good luck with your research. Information is really not available from BG. But that is a subject for further conversation if you wish.
William de Nieuwerkerk
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LeithYearwood 9 Oct 2013 11:02PM GMT 
lebercandace 12 Sep 2008 5:09PM GMT 
Michael Kyte 20 Mar 2004 5:11PM GMT 
mplatu 4 Dec 2010 1:37PM GMT 
WillNieuwkerk 18 Dec 2010 7:00PM GMT 
mplatu 5 Jan 2011 11:28AM GMT 
WillNieuwkerk 5 Jan 2011 4:13PM GMT 
mplatu 13 Jan 2011 1:19PM GMT 
sabrina Denie... 10 Feb 2014 10:09PM GMT 
per page