Search for content in message boards

MEERTEN OR MEERTENS

Replies: 8

MEERTEN OR MEERTENS

vdavies (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2004 7:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MEERTEN, MEERTENS, MEERTON, MEERTONS...ETC.
I am still looking for the parents of my 3rd Great Grandfather 'George Sidney Meerten(s)' who was born in Demerara about 1829. Below are some names that have a connection with him and Guyana during the early to late 1800s... if anyone recognizes the names I'd appreciate hearing from you. They are:

Jacobus Alexander Meerten - he used to live at Weri-Werai-Kuru, Esquebo.. had a daughter who became a Mrs. Mary Garroway.

Mary Garroway had an Aunt - Mary Jane Meerten who lived with the Wieting family of Georgetown, and a niece Mrs. Ann Buchanan.

Other names: John Meerten who had a daughter Catherine who lived at Tuschen, West Coast Demerara.

William Louis Anthony Meerten whose children were: Ann Henrietta, William Alexander and Roland.

Following up with more: Alexander Meerten, Frederick Meerten and Charles Benjamin, and a Henrietta Meerten.

These names all appear in a letter written by Mrs. Buchanan in regards to my Meerten(s) family. These people DO NOT appear anywhere, yet existed. So I'm praying someone will remember these names and get it touch with me. I'm now getting desperate to complete my family tree. :-)
Thanks again to all.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vdavies 10 Aug 2004 1:53AM GMT 
Carole_Reynol... 23 Feb 2005 7:26PM GMT 
vdavies 23 Feb 2005 9:33PM GMT 
day_j7 4 Sep 2011 9:33PM GMT 
Grams68 5 Sep 2011 1:45AM GMT 
lareinefaye 15 Jul 2012 4:54PM GMT 
Grams68 16 Jul 2012 1:31AM GMT 
M Knol 5 Feb 2014 4:37PM GMT 
Grams68 6 Feb 2014 8:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions