Chales Bird and Elise Texeira Haynes

Replies: 2

Chales Bird and Elise Texeira Haynes

Wendy Loveday (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2005 5:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 6:51AM GMT
Surnames: Texeira, Haynes
I'm looking for anyone who is related to or knows anything about my grandfather Chales Bird Haynes. He was born c 1882 I think in Georgetown. He worked for the Argosy newspaper in Georgetown. He was killed by a taxi on 12th April 1951. He had a brother called Edwin & two sisters called Evelyn & Isabel. I think he maybe had family connections in Barbados & also believe his mother was from Yorkshire.....her maiden name was Allison. I would dearly love to find out more about the family.
I'm also trying to find out any information on my grandmother who was married to the above. Her name was Elise Texeira. She was born c.1890 again I think in Georgetown & had two sisters called Elvira & Elizabeth. As far as my mother knows these two aunts of hers married doctors & moved to live in the US. The Texeira background is from Madeira but I'm not sure how far back. My grandparents went on to have ten children between 1916 & 1932........five are still alive including my mother who was the third youngest. If anyone knows of these two families please please contact me as I would love to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendy Loveday 16 Jul 2005 11:16PM GMT 
robyn_stevens... 11 Jul 2014 12:15AM GMT 
wloveday63 8 Nov 2014 2:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic