Search for content in message boards

Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Replies: 15

Re: Lienard surnname (& Abrassart, Brasseur, Colmant, Corenez, Cuvelier, Ducart, Giller, Lienard, Mention, Ruelle, Urbain, Vilain )

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 6:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Many children were born out of wedlock that's for sure.
That's why they dond't always carry the father's name.
In my case I have an ancestor who gave birth around 1800 out of wedlock so I carry her surname...Not so puritan as some imagine.Also , they have always been trouble times around here and many armies coming in ...

I live in Belgium.I am a french speaking belgian half Scottish.I have no relation to any of the surnames you are searching for.I simply got to the Liénard because a friend of mine was searching her great great granfather a Louis Liénard born in Chicago in 1870...Never found anything.She asked me because I do lots of researches for myself and friends and while browsing I found it interessing to search your ancestors too.Though usually I only stick to Scotland and Belgium
To find these infos I simply type La Bassée and the name Gabrielle Liénard...And found a french site giving all these infos.But none on Abrassart Marcellin ...The name is généalogies des familles de La Bassée...My name is Francis Houart and have some family living in the states...Iowa for some, San Diego, Alaska but the surname was changed to Howard.Hope this helps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cr25051 11 Aug 2012 11:32PM GMT 
Sharon Lienar... 12 Aug 2012 7:28AM GMT 
cr25051 12 Aug 2012 8:11AM GMT 
Sharon Lienar... 12 Aug 2012 4:34PM GMT 
Sharon Lienar... 12 Aug 2012 10:59PM GMT 
cr25051 13 Aug 2012 12:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions