Search for content in message boards

Billers, Charles Louis Castle Sambre

Replies: 2

Re: Billers, Charles Louis Castle Sambre

Karen Hall (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Karen,
I have been trying to research this same line for a few years with no success. A copy of the original handwritten family tree chart on the Billers ancestors (from the late 1800's) was sent to me by Bob Winklemeyer(?), husband of a Wehe cousin. It looks as though you may have the same chart. My great grandfather was Carl Edward Wehe, son of John Peter Wehe and Sophie Billers. How are you connected to this line?
I'm wondering if the spelling of the Billers name on this chart is incorrect...? In a biography of her son, Frederick P. Wehe, Sophie’s name is shown as Elnore DeBellor, of French extraction, daughter of “General DeBellor”.
Would love to find a clue to the Charles Billers (or DeBellor) line. I was even in Belgium two years ago on a vacation and tried to find the Castle Sambre with no luck. There is a River Sambre and a St.Marche area....but I was unable to make a connection. I have a French friend here in CA who is a genealogist and could be of some help, as the family was French.
Sorry I can't be of much help at this time, but wanted to respond to your message to make a connection. Good luck and let me know if you uncover anything!
Karen Hall
hallpass@charter.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jolhen 9 Apr 2006 6:27AM GMT 
Karen Hall 15 May 2006 3:55AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 15 Apr 2012 12:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic