Search for content in message boards

www.arch.be

Replies: 6

Re: www.arch.be

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe the search pages are only in French and Dutch at the moment (I'm working with Chrome and Google Translate to help with the languages). And the interface seems a little clumsy at first for the scanned archive, but at the highest level you choose Parish or State records, then click the Province. From here the selections form a tree type navigation, and you select the Commune/Village, then the Deaths, Marriages, or Births. At this point you are presented with the Actes or Indexes, then blocks of Years. When you arrive at a particular roll of microfilm you are taken to a new page with tabs for a file description of the resource, and another tab for the Digitized Archive. Click the Digitaized Archive tab and you are presented with a few thumbnails. Click the first thumbnail and a browser opens to allow you to virtually turn pages through the book. Once you work with it for a while you begin to understand how the books are set up.

I suggest you begin with the 10 year indexes which are arranged alphabetically by surname which will point you to the number of the Acte in a particular year. Then go to the Actes of that year.
Hope this helps a little.
James
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bernetzke1 23 Feb 2013 2:24AM GMT 
luciemyers1 26 Feb 2013 3:19PM GMT 
JHerbst49 28 Feb 2013 7:27AM GMT 
davsuj 4 Mar 2013 7:40PM GMT 
davsuj 5 Mar 2013 2:26AM GMT 
JHerbst49 5 Mar 2013 6:28AM GMT 
davsuj 6 Mar 2013 12:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic