Search for content in message boards

Constantine DeViche and Catherine Heuertz of Remsen, Iowa

Replies: 0

Constantine DeViche and Catherine Heuertz of Remsen, Iowa

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DeViche, Heuertz, Sinner
I'm looking for any information about Constantine Caesar Victor DeViche, born around 1825 in Belgium, husband of Catherine Heuertz born 1835 in Luxembourg, daughter of Peter Heuertz and Marie-Anne Sinner. Constantine came to the US in 1852 and Catherine came in 1855 and they were married in Galena, IL in 1855 and moved to Remsen, Iowa, where they had at least four children, one of which... Mary DeViche is my Great Grandmother. We know something of the background of Catherine Heuertz, but almost nothing about her husband Constantine DeViche, except that he was from Belgium and born in or around 1825 and came to the US in 1852 through New Orleans LA.
Also, an uncle of Catherine Heuertz, her father's brother Jean Mathias Heuertz married a Stephanie Josephine DeViche (also from Belgium), so there is more than one connection between the Heuertz and DeViche families, but I haven't been able to quite figure it all out or find much information about any DeViche family member.
I'd also like to know if any other Heuertz family member came with Catherine to the US in 1855. I don't believe her parents did, I think they both died in Holzem, Luxembourg. But she had 4 brothers, Pierre, Jean Baptiste, Nicholas and Antoine Heuertz and 2 sisters...Marie and Margaretha, some of whom may have come with her to the US. There are some Heuertz families near Dubuque Iowa that may or may not be related to Catherine.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions