Pierre Scarcez

Replies: 0

Pierre Scarcez

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 28 Nov 2012 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Scarcez Marneuf Herrmann
Hello,

I wonder if you anyone can assist me. I am trying to trace the roots of my g g grandfather, (Pierre or Petrus or Peteris) Scarcez, who emmigrated to England on 30 March 1849 from Belgium, via Seville. It seems that he obtained the passport for himself and his family from the Belgian Consul in Seville. His trade was a glass engraver.

The 1861 UK census has him noted as being born at Warie, which doesn't exist so is more likely to be Wavre, in about 1805 but the 1851 UK census has him born in Brussels in 1809.

His wife was Adele Marneuf, born 11 DEC 1808 in Ghent, Belgium. His fourth daughter, Adelaide became a dancer and subsequently married the world renowned magician, Alexander Herrmann, and ultimately became a highly respected magician in her own right.

I am new to all this and, apart from my lack of French language, I have no idea how to tackle this aspect of my research with Belgian records. I have done some basic searches but, so far, with no results.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions