not even sure if Im suppose to be in this section BUT I am searching for my Verkruysse family..heres what I know...
Alfred Verkruysse(1853-1916) - son of Jean & Celina Desmouveron
married Adele Vanderbroeke(1857-1923) - dau of Richard & Sophie Chateau (Alfred & Adele are buried in Maine USA)
they came to America thru Ellis Island abt 1898. Their children are as follows:
1) Fernanda (Fannie) b1887 France mar Gratten Kennedy, Maine USA (both buried in Maine)
2) Josephine b1885 France mar ? Omerod in Maine, USA
3) Helene b1883 France mar Mark Phillips in Maine, USA
4) Jennie b1891 France mar Joseph Poulin in Maine , USA
5) Camille b1894 Croix, France mar her cousin Pierre Verkruysse had 5 children; Norman born in Massachussetts & other 4 born in Maine, USA
6) Emma b1902 Maine mar Harry Libby in Maine, USA
7) Victor b1897 France mar (believed) Doris Pease/Oliver? in Maine but I believe moved later to Michigan? - UNSURE of THIS..only seems to show in rootsweb.ssdi.........
Im hoping this will sound familiar to someone out there :)
Im sorta stuck as Ellis Island gives their "place of residence" as Wasquehal, France...however Camile listed as "born in Croix, France" also have seen "Rubaix, France" as birth places.....so Im really not sure what is right?
Any help would be appreciated...hope someone is out there who is linked to one of these children!