Search for content in message boards

Krieg, Rastetter, Kantzer

Replies: 4

Krieg, Rastetter, Kantzer

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Dec 2012 8:41AM GMT
Surnames: Krieg, Rastetter, Kantzer
I am looking for anyone with information about the Krieg or Kantzer families from Alsace Lorraine. My lines of both of these families immigrated to the US in 1881 and 1883. I would be happy to share information.

1) Michel Krieg and wife Maria Mossler immigrated to Lutherville, Arkansas, US, in 1883. (Their children were Michael, Maria, George, Jacob, Johannes, Christmann, Margaretha and Katharine.) Michel was born in Ringendorf, Bas Rhin in 1824. Maria was born in 1832 in Wickersheim, Bas Rhin.
Looking for information on the parents of Michel and Maria:
Michel's parents are said to be Michel Krieg and Margarethe Krieger.
Maria's father may be Georg Mossler/Mussler/Moessler.

2) The Krieg's first son, Michael, above, was born in Ringendorf, Bas Rhin in 1853. He and his wife, Sophia Rastetter, born in Bas Rhin in 1854, immigrated to Peru, Indiana, US, in 1881. (Their children Sophie, Louisa, Charles, Frank, Oscar and Clara were born in the US.)
Looking for information on Sophia Rastetter's parents, possibly Frank Rostetter and Carolyn.

3) Michael Kantzer and wife Barbara Kantzer (his 1st cousin) immigrated to Peru, Indiana, US, in 1881. Michael was born in Geiswiller, Bas Rhin, in 1836. Barbara was born in 1840 in Ringendorf, Bas Rhin. (Their children were Anna, Gabriel, Carl, John, Jacob, Maria, Albert and Frederick.)
Michael's parents were Michael Kantzer b 1809 in Alteckendorf, and Marguerite Stenger b 1808 in Geiswiller.
Barbara's parents were Georges-Jean Kantzer b 1805 in Alteckendorf and Barbe-Marie Lentz b 1809 in Alteckendorf.
Marguerite's parents were Michael Stenger and Marguerite Ebnig.
Barbe-Marie's parents were Johannes Lentz and Maria Strauss.
Looking for information on these 2 sets of parents: Stenger/Ebnig and Lentz/Strauss.

Sophie Krieg from family 2 and John Kantzer from family 3 are my great grandparents.
Thank you in advance for any help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mo_jenkins 25 Oct 2012 12:04AM GMT 
RobAlbert63 25 Oct 2012 6:46AM GMT 
mo_jenkins 25 Oct 2012 8:58PM GMT 
TimGruber55 22 Dec 2012 8:37PM GMT 
mo_jenkins 24 Dec 2012 3:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions