Search for content in message boards

Barbe Huber and George Jaeger-Help Please!

Replies: 2

Re: Barbe Huber and George Jaeger-Help Please!

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 5:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm not related.

I can confirm Barbe Louise Jaeger was born Dec 5, 1868 in Strasbourg to the parents you list (number 2565 for that year). Her father was 39 years old and the mother 40. You can look at the record for yourself for free at: http://etat-civil.bas-rhin.fr/adeloch/index.php

George and Barbe were married Dec 23, 1850 in Strasbourg (image 42). He was born Nov 17, 1829 in Hochfelden to George Jaeger , who died Dec 30, 1846 in all Maire, and Catharine Zwang. Barbe was born June 28, 1828 in all Maire to Francois Xavier Huber and Helene Devaux.

With a bit of research and a French/English dictionary you should be able to find considerably more. However, because you're dealing with a large city you have a lot of records to look through. Use the reddish volumes first, those are the indexes. The records for Hochfelden are considerably smaller so tracing the Jaeger side should be easier.

As for immigration records I would imagine the census indicates what year Louisa came to the U.S. Without knowing her married name I have no way of checking that for you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LauraMulhaul 12 Jan 2013 6:23AM GMT 
TimGruber55 12 Jan 2013 12:18PM GMT 
LauraMulhaul 26 Dec 2013 6:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions