Search for content in message boards

Kraemer and Marriage and ancestors

Replies: 7

Re: Kraemer and Marriage and ancestors

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2013 10:18PM GMT
Here is the translation. (I have inserted clarifications between asterisks within parens for you.):

Page 3

(1830) No 4 Antoine Martin & Barbe Kraemer

CITY HALL of Kaltenhausen (*now Kaltenhouse*), arrondissement of Strasbourg, 20 September 1830 at 10:00 a.m.

CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE of Antoine Martin, 24 years old, born in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin on 19 June 1806, occupation: mason, living in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin, age of majority (* = able to marry in his own right, without parental approval*), son of the late (*deceased*) Mathieu Martin, occupation: mason, who lived in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin, age (---), and of Marie Anne Grace, 49 years old, living in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin;

AND Barbe Kraemer, no occupation, 24 years old, born in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin on 17 March 1806, living in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin, age of majority, daughter of Jean Adam Kraemer, occupation: farmer (*who owns the land he farms*) living in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin, 55 years old, and of Barbe Diefeubronn living in Kaltenhausen, department of Bas-Rhin, 54 years old.

The preliminary certificates were extracted from the register of wedding announcements in Kaltenhausen on 5 September at noon on the Sundays of 29 August and --- (*no date*) acknowledged without opposition (*to the marriage*).

These certificates and those required by the Civil Code have been read aloud by me, Officer of the Civil Registry according to the terms of the law. The aforementioned couple, present, have declared they are taking (*each other*) in marriage, the one, Barbe Kraemer, and the other, Antoine Martin, as husband and wife.

In the presence of four witnesses identified below:

No. 1 Ignace Klipfel, farmer, 46 years old, neighbor of the bride;
No. 2 Antoine Kraemer, farmer, 46 years old, uncle of the bride;
No. 3 Joseph Klausen, book binder, 31 years old;
No. 4 Jean Adam Kraemer, farmer, 26 years old, brother of the bride;
All four live and reside in Kaltenhausen.

As stated, I, Antoine Meyer, Mayor, Officer of the Civil Registry, have pronounced in the name of the law the aforementioned couple are united in marriage.
Having been read aloud, this certificate was signed by the bride and groom, witnesses and those noted above, with me, Officer of the Civil Registry.

(signatures)

I hope you find this helpful.
Bonne quête !

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RalphEllerbro... 30 Jan 2013 11:31PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 31 Jan 2013 8:03AM GMT 
RalphEllerbro... 31 Jan 2013 2:14PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 31 Jan 2013 11:56PM GMT 
Rick_Toothman 1 Feb 2013 4:32AM GMT 
RalphEllerbro... 1 Feb 2013 1:15PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 3 Feb 2013 10:33AM GMT 
RalphEllerbro... 4 Feb 2013 3:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions