Search for content in message boards

Searcing Lucq de Bearn, Estialesque

Replies: 7

Re: Searcing Lucq de Bearn, Estialesque

Posted: 18 May 2012 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Salut !

There are many researchers following the Escaray name.

Your « d' » = « from » - that you have beginning your spelling (Descaray) is not recorded anywhere (at all) as a legitimate name variation, which I verified in several scholarly and popular indexes in France and online (no one had it), but the spelling Escaray is not unusual.

My Larousse Dictionnaire Étymologique des Noms de Famille states that the original spelling of your Escaray name is the somewhat popular « Escayrac », and a good variations of this include « D'Escayrac » and « Descayrac ». When I looked at message boards, I see many of the same researchers following all four of these spellings (Escayrac, Descayrac, d'Escayrac, and Escaray).

According to Larousse, the source Escayrac name (from which variations derive) HISTORICALLY originates in the département of Lot in France, in the town of Lescabanes where there is a topographic feature with this name.

I see most researchers on various Internet sites with ancestors of your chosen spelling variation « Escaray » originate in the towns of Beyrie-sur-Joyeuse (#1 by big percentage), Aren, Garris, Béhasque-Lapiste, Aussurucq, Ascain, Pagolle, Béhasque-Lapiste, Mendive, & Larceveau-Arros-Cibits (all in Pyrénées-Atlantiques); Pontonx-sur-l'Adour (Landes); and Labège (Haute-Garonne).

None of the researcher following the variation « Escaray » identified Lucq-de-Béarn as a place of origin for them, but this this does not mean that, perhaps, your ancestors married in this town.

The Escayrac / Escaray name also is popular in Navarra, Spain.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your name Malerode is followed by VERY few researchers, but I found hundreds of extracted records for this name.

According to Larousse, this name HISTORICALLY also originates in the département of Lot in France. Its meaning is « bad two-wheel cart » or « bad cart maker ».

Most record extractions for the name « Malerode » are from the towns of Monein, Oloron-Sainte-Marie, & Saucède (#1, #2, & #3 by a large percentage), **Lucq-de-Bearn**, Verdets, **Estialesque**, Ance, Lasseube, Cardesse, Abos, & Préchacq-Navarrenx (all in Pyrénées-Atlantiques); and, Haux (Gironde).

Your « Crouseille » is also followed by many researchers, with literally thousands of record extractions for it as well.

This name is especially common in the Massif-Central of France. The HISTORICAL spelling is « Crouzevialle », and it means « from a city in the Creuse region » .

I will not begin to list places, however Monein (Pyrénées-Atlantiques) is by very large percentage where people with this named lived. (Apparently, these people from Creuse moved south! - smile.)

There are many websites to look at, that I will not bore you with, but of course, GeneaNet as well as Généalogie.com (which has record extractions from French genealogy societies) have the most.

You can find the original parish records and civil registrations online (for free) at the most of the sites of the départemental archives in France. Since it appears that most of your ancestors are from the département of Pyrénées-Atlantique, here is the link to search for the original records you may be seeking:

http://www.archives.cg64.fr/pageseditos.asp?idpage=1249&...

I am certain if you use the spelling « Escaray » I have identified with other informations you already have that you will have much success !

Bonnes recherches !
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Mazeres 18 May 2012 12:19AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 18 May 2012 8:41AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 18 May 2012 10:18AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 18 May 2012 10:03PM GMT 
Bob Mazeres 19 May 2012 1:19AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 19 May 2012 5:10AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 19 May 2012 9:22AM GMT 
Bob Mazeres 19 May 2012 4:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic