Search for content in message boards

Charles Roy or "Le Roy" 1500-1600's. Stuck.

Replies: 2

Charles Roy or "Le Roy" 1500-1600's. Stuck.

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roy, Le Roy, Boyer, Ducharme
Pierre Roy: Birth 23 Oct 1638 inLa Rochelle, Manche, Basse-Normandie, France Death 28 Oct 1721 inMontréal, Quebec, Canada
Married to....
Catherine Ducharme: Birth 1657 inSt Benoit, Paris, Ile-de-France, France Death 21 Feb 1719 inMontréal, Quebec, Canada

I am attempting to solidify the parents of Pierre Roy. Given the time period, I am challenged to find actual documentation of the marriage in attempts to solidfy the parents involved with the wedding. Some sources have led me to a Charles Roy, it has been referenced as a Charles Le Roy as well. He apparently had a spouse known by Jeanne Boyer (1615-1672?) in 1635. I have no media source verifiying this.

The references to Charles are apparently within the following sources:
Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français, Gabriel Drouin, (Institut Drouin (American-French Genealogical Society now has rights)), page 1196
Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français, Gabriel Drouin, (Institut Drouin (American-French Genealogical Society now has rights)), page 1205
Dictionnaire généalogique des Familles Canadiennes depuis la fondation de la colonie jusqu’à nos jours., Tanguay, Father Cyprien, (First edition. Eusèbe Senéchal, Imprimeur-Éditeur. Quebec. 1871.), Vol. I, Page 533

I do not have access to these files, and I can't read french to any substantial degree. I would love top tap in the parents of Charles (le?) Roy and Jeanne Boyer. I am trying to see if there is Scottish clan blending, but I need to get about to the 1400's to accomplish.

If you have any incites, I would love aid.

Thanks!

Bryan Roy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tek184 9 Jan 2012 5:44PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 3 May 2012 5:38PM GMT 
tek184 3 May 2012 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic