Search for content in message boards

"Maddy" Bourges

Replies: 2

Re: Objet : "Maddy" Bourges

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sarah,
Trés magnifique! Merci beaucoup!

1) I have two letters and two photos of Maddy. My father was in Bourges in 1918-1919. I know that Maddy and her family moved to Toulouse around 1920 or 1921. All my father ever said was that Maddy's father was a successful industrialist who owned a factory. Obviously, "1 place de la Barre" is still a very nice building and would have been even nicer and grander a hundred years ago. I have looked at images of it on Google earth, and there are a number of postcards from a hundred years ago that are of the old
buildings around it, but also show this three story home. The Association Valentin Haüy is in the building now. I think if we can find a city directory of Bourges from around 1910-1915 or so, it should show who the family was that was living there then. I think, because the father owned a business, they must have been living there for some time.

Thank you so much for your help. Actually, my wife and I are planning to get to Bourges this summer so I could do some research, but anything we can find out before we get there will make things that much easier. Please feel free to ask me any other questions.

Je ne suis pas au courant en français, mais je peux comprendre presque tout. Vous pouvez m'écrire en français si vous voulez.

J'attends votre prochaine note.
Roger
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rbbeck1 4 Oct 2007 11:44PM GMT 
cornflakes197 12 Apr 2011 6:03AM GMT 
rbbeck1 12 Apr 2011 9:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic