LaTour (Dr. Henri and Eugenia) France 1840

Replies: 4

LaTour (Dr. Henri and Eugenia) France 1840

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 5:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2012 8:40AM GMT
Surnames: Chevalier, LaTour
Hello!
My name is Mary Sholler and my Great-Great Grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from France in 1850. Their names were Henri (Henry) and Eugenia (Chevalier) La Tour. They had one daughter, Eugenia, prior to immigrating. I have been unable to find them on any passenger list for San Francisco, New Orleans, etc..Additionally, my Great-Great Grandfather was a physician both in France and in California. On his naturalization records, all that is listed is that he is from France. In their obituaries, etc..all that is listed is France..no specific location. When their daughter Eugenia died here (very young), her obituary listed Paris, but I have been unable to verify this. There wasn't a medical association in California at the time of their arrival, not sure if there was one in France. I would be so grateful if anyone could pass on any information that would help me in verifying where exactly they were from in France.Maybe a Medical Society, or where they would have applied to leave France (emigration office). Thank you! Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Sholler 9 Nov 2012 12:15AM GMT 
Soospad 11 Nov 2012 10:04AM GMT 
louiesluggerg... 2 Nov 2013 4:32PM GMT 
Soospad 3 Nov 2013 4:45AM GMT 
4raindancer 2 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions