Search for content in message boards

Desvaux, Devaulx, Davignon?

Replies: 0

Desvaux, Devaulx, Davignon?

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 8:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Beauregard, Davignon, Desvaux, Ernault, Devaulx
I'm trying to locate my ancestor Francois Beauregard dit Davignon b: 1683 Calvados, France. I haven't been able to locate the baptism record as of yet. Anyone out there able to help??

When I look on Ancestry.com for Francois Beauregard dit Davignon III, I came across Francois Beauregard dit Desvaux II that married Gervaise Ernault 16 May 1677 St. Germain, Rennes, Ill-et-Vilaine, Haute Bretagne, France (His parents appear to be Francois Devaulx I and Guillemette DuBois). I figured this was my Francois III's parents.

Then I later found that Francois Desvaux II was remarried to Michelle Jannes 19 Oct 1683 Sains, Ille-et-Vilaine, France. So now it appears that my Francois III's mother was not Gervaise Ernault but Michelle Jannes.

I have not been able to find the marriage record of Francois II and Michelle Jannes, only the date of marriage. Anyone have this information?

Has anyone found that the name changed from Devaulx/Desvaux to Davignon or Deveneau or Devneau or Deveau when they came to Quebec? I hate to be chasing the wrong family.
Thanks,
phonelady

Find a board about a specific topic