Search for content in message boards

August Fayet

Replies: 3

Re: August Fayet

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kathy!

It would be great to share information on the Fayett family! I went to the cemetery where August is buried many years ago. It kind of made me sad. In his will, he left money for the upkeep of his grave. I am sure this money ran out LONG ago but the grave was broken and the grass within the immediate grave area was overgrown and you couldn't even see the headstones that were ground level. Winter might be a better time to go as it might not be quite as overgrown and you are less likely to see a snake. I would like to make it back to the cemetery one day but it probably won't be anytime soon.

I would love to be able to trace August and Mary's lineage back further but that may be very difficult since there was a fire in 1871 that destroyed most records. I haven't completely given up though as I believe they tried to rebuild the records after the fire. In addition, there may be a record of August and/or Mary's baptism at whatever church their parents attended at the time.

You can e-mail me at kdsoccer43@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kdsoccer 27 Jun 2002 6:44PM GMT 
kdsoccer 30 Dec 2003 4:09PM GMT 
kathybessiere 12 Jan 2013 7:36PM GMT 
dieudahday 14 Jan 2013 5:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions