Search for content in message boards

Jeanne Donnadieu - Artist Painter / Artiste Peintre

Replies: 5

Re: Jeanne Donnadieu - Artist Painter / Artiste Peintre

Posted: 14 May 2013 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Amandine
Again I did not see that you had replied and can't remember how it came to my attention. There is nothing at the side of our name to tell us either. So strange. Still I get to see it eventually.
And again I can't thank you enough! You are amazing at this! You know everything! We received the death certificate information for her parents but not the actual copies. I would like those. We will ask again because we have found some great information from the real certificates. As you say, the witnesses can sometimes be family but in our case even the friends are important.
I wonder if the Jeanne Donnadieu who married Marest might have been a relative that tried at being an artist. She could not have succeeded if that were the case but it is a possibility because there were a lot of possible cousins etc all living around the area.
We will check out what you said about the cemetery. We assumed it would be Lisieux but as you say it may not even be there that she is buried so that needs checking out. So sad...the funeral bits. We have found out so much about the lives of so many people in that time period and always the dreaded death part comes along and makes me feel quite tearful at times. Her tutors...so great, so truly great and admired. Pretty much died with nothing and are then forgotten. But anyway we are searching so hard now in readiness to present a second and very in depth report so the more we can include the better. It has to be the best we can do. We do use Gallica a lot for old newspapers etc but is there any other source you know of that we could use?
Again I thank you so much for your help. You give superb suggestions and it is very encouraging to us.
Warmest regards
Mandy
x
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vangoghsearch 9 Mar 2013 2:48PM GMT 
ama2fr 10 Mar 2013 11:25PM GMT 
vangoghsearch 24 Apr 2013 8:39AM GMT 
vangoghsearch 29 Apr 2013 12:07PM GMT 
ama2fr 1 May 2013 9:57PM GMT 
vangoghsearch 14 May 2013 10:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions