Search for content in message boards

Samuel James Alexander Jr., Lorraine, France

Replies: 1

Samuel James Alexander Jr., Lorraine, France

Posted: 19 Sep 2008 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for birth location and possible relatives in the Lorraine, France region for Samuel James Alexander Jr. He was born between 1848-1862 Lorraine, France. And eventually migrated to New Orleans, LA (we think by way of Santo Domingo) where his descendants currently live. According to the 1880 US Federal Census his origin is listed as Lorraine. Others listed that lived near him in New Orleans during the 1880 US Census were listed with origins in Alsac and Meuse, France. He was Catholic (we are still today). It was also intentionally noted on the census record that he was foreign. His father Samuel James Alexander Sr., is also listed as being from Lorraine, France. I've researched, census records for naturalization, I've researched church records, vital records and Justice of The Peace records since he was married by Justice of The Peace. I've done other research to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nawlenz 20 Sep 2008 12:41AM GMT 
nawlenz 18 Aug 2012 11:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions