Search for content in message boards

Pierre WEISS, born 1766, St.Avold, Moselle, Lorraine

Replies: 0

Pierre WEISS, born 1766, St.Avold, Moselle, Lorraine

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEISS, REMACLE, METTENDORF
My 3rd greatgrandfather was Pierre WEISS, born 29 September, 1766 in St. Avold, dep.de la Moselle, Lorraine. Parents were
Pierre Augustin WEISS and Barbe REMACLE.

About 1800 Pierre WEISS was married to Catharina Margaretha METTENDORF (or Mettendorf-Thronecker) in Lauterecken and they emigrated to Amberg, Oberpfalz, Bavaria, where Pierre (Peter) was master in the royal armament factory in Amberg, Bavaria. They raised their family and died there.

I have info about his life and family in Amberg, but know nothing about his life in St. Avold. Is there any information about emigration from St. Avold to Bavaria? Can anyone who might be researching the WEISS family tell me anything about him when he lived in St. Avold? Or perhaps tell me where there might be information available?

I already have the list of his ancestors from the family book of St.Avold. Lots of names but nothing else.

I will be happy to share information about the family in Bavaria, but hope someone can help me with the earlier days of Pierre's life.

Many thanks, Helen

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions