Search for content in message boards

Boudet and Fallourd

Replies: 7

Re: Boudet and Fallourd

Posted: 13 May 2012 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello again,

I just looked at GeneaNet and found another researcher who is also looking at your FALLOURD ancestors (especially the sister Magdelaine Fallourd, again) and has much information.

Here is the link to her tree:

http://gw0.geneanet.org/abordeille?lang=fr;p=mandee;n=fallou...

I am member of GeneaNet, and I think you can dirrectly access this tree without a problem. However, you may be required to register first. It is free and allows to do basic searches. (This website works in 7 languages; just choose your language in the upper right corner.)

A tip : GeneaNet is the largest and best genealogy site in France with millions and millions of members, including many from Canada, the UK and USA. If you become a member of the Club privlège (Privilege Club) - it is cheap, only 40 euros per year - you get many extra powerful search options that is worth the price alone, as well as access to millions of scanned images. If you are serious about French genealogy, you should consider joining.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another tip : It is important to ALWAYS state the name of the DÉPARTEMENT with the name of the COMMUNE in all of your French genealogy records - and on all of your message board requests for help (smile!)

This is because many cities in France have the same name, even in the same region. --- This is especially important for cities named « Montreuil » because there are more than 30 cities in France with this name. (I looked at another Montreuil to try to help you before I discovered you meant the one in Vendée!)

(This situation is perhaps like « Springfield » in Anglo-Saxon countries : 15 Springfield cities in UK, 35 Springfield cities in USA, 7 Springfield cities in Australia, 6 in Canada, etc. -- Very confusing!)

So, always identify département names to be clear, to be correct, and to look like a professional serious researcher.

I wish you much success!

Bonne quête !
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dawn Lipthrot... 13 Apr 2012 9:53PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 13 May 2012 1:34AM GMT 
Dawn Lipthrot... 13 May 2012 3:53AM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 13 May 2012 9:41AM GMT 
Dawn Lipthrot... 13 May 2012 12:52PM GMT 
thiesenhusen4 14 May 2012 8:37AM GMT 
Dawn Lipthrot... 16 May 2012 12:07PM GMT 
Dawn Lipthrot... 16 May 2012 11:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions