Search for content in message boards

Nicholas Riott and Evan Bard

Replies: 11

Re: Nicholas Riott and Evan Bard

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riott
Hi Sheila,

If you are related to Nicolas Riott and Eva Bard, I am a distant relative of yours. My name is John Riott. I have recently been in contact with a Jack Reott who has done a lot of work tracing the family history. I am waiting for some information from him. When I get it, I'll contact you if your name comes up in the records.

The following address has the information about Nicholas and Eva.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pabutler/1895/95x71-1.htm

NICHOLAS RIOTT, a native of Bavaria, Germany, immigrated to Baltimore, Maryland, in 1825. In 1830 he purchased a farm of 316 acres of land in what is now Summit township, Butler county, cleared and improved it, and died in his eighty-third year. He married Eva BARD, and was the father of three sons, viz.: Francis; Nicholas, and Jacob. They succeeded to the old homestead, which was equally divided between them. Mr. RIOTT and family were members of the Catholic church, and among the first Germans of that faith who settled in Summit township.

FRANCIS RIOTT, eldest son of Nicholas and Eva RIOTT, was born in Bavaria, Germany, April 3, 1814, came to America with his parents in 1825, and five years afterwards located in Summit township, Butler county. At his father's death he succeeded to one-third of the original tract, containing 111 acres, all of which he cleared and improved, and upon which he still resides. He subsequently added to his farm, until it now aggregated 220 acres, the larger portion of which is under a high state of cultivation. In July, 1837, Mr. RIOTT married Elizabeth SMITH, a daughter of John and Eva (RICHARD) SMITH, of Oakland township. To this union have been born ten children, as follows: Nicholas; Jacob; Mary, wife of John LEECH; Francis; Margaret; Barbara, wife of John NULETT; George; Catherine, wife of John WEYLAND; Joseph, and Elizabeth. Mr. RIOTT and family are members of St. Mary's Catholic church, at Herman, and in politics, he is a Democrat. He has been prominent in both church and public affairs, has held nearly every office in the township, and has served five terms as justice of the peace. He is one of the substantial and wealthy citizens of the community.

There is also a site called www.geneology.com. Jack Reott entered all of his information on that site. You have to pay to access this information and buy the software. I have not done this.

Thanks,

John W. Riott
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sheila Reott 23 Jan 2002 10:33PM GMT 
vmaxcbr900xr4... 14 Oct 2002 10:26PM GMT 
John Riott 24 Oct 2002 4:57PM GMT 
leavie66 10 Dec 2002 10:43AM GMT 
John W. Riott 14 Dec 2002 3:21PM GMT 
Leavie C. Bell 19 Dec 2002 8:25PM GMT 
slowhnd 18 Mar 2003 10:42PM GMT 
Karyn Reott 18 Jul 2003 2:05AM GMT 
DolceVitaBrid... 14 Apr 2012 3:39AM GMT 
deannaturton5... 22 Aug 2005 7:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions