Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on Louvat name

Replies: 10

Re: Looking for information on Louvat name

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Soosi, You have been so helpful, and have given me hope. I truly am in awe of all you are helping me with. I had a hard time finding Tree pages, but I think I did okay. Let me know.
My email is cdayhoyt@yahoo.com if you need to contact me. Just put "from soosi" in the subject so I'll know. Thanks again. Our whole family thanks you. I am less than computer savvy, but I know it will be the key to unlock many mysteries.... so I try to go about it the best I can. Most of my family who are doing this...well, cheering me on from a distance....are in hopes of some answers also.
I admit, there is a bunch of weird or odd things to finding out about my Louvat family from the start. I've heard many rumors over the years, but nothing that is tangible at this point. My Mom wanted so desperately to find these connections to her beloved Father. She traveled to France with her Mother twice or three times (while he was living too), but never seemed to find more about her Dad. He never talked about his home, but went back twice that I know of. One of my cousins said he was named Jean Marie at birth, but changed it once in America because of it considered a woman's name here. But the ship records says his name was Antoine from the start. Kiki
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cdayhoyt 12 Nov 2012 12:37AM GMT 
Soospad 14 Nov 2012 3:19PM GMT 
cdayhoyt 14 Nov 2012 7:08PM GMT 
Soospad 14 Nov 2012 11:44PM GMT 
cdayhoyt 15 Nov 2012 12:11AM GMT 
Soospad 15 Nov 2012 12:25AM GMT 
cdayhoyt 15 Nov 2012 12:53AM GMT 
Soospad 15 Nov 2012 3:04AM GMT 
cdayhoyt 15 Nov 2012 4:43AM GMT 
Soospad 15 Nov 2012 3:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions