Search for content in message boards

Seeking Info Benedetto Bellisario

Replies: 4

Seeking Info Benedetto Bellisario

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 12:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bellisario, Bucci, Bucco, D’Elia, De Iulis, Di Nardo, Di Salvo, Sabbia, Sciulli
Hello,

I am currently seeking information about my 3rd great grandfather Benedetto Bellisario and his family. I am particularly interested in learning about his parents and his wife’s family.

My 3rd great grandfather Benedetto Bellisario (1839 Gamberale, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy-Unknown) married Teodora Sciulli (1839-Unknown) in Gamberale. I do not anything about either of their parents; any information would be very valuable.

Benedetto, also called Bennie, and Teodora had three sons, but they could have had more children: Cassiodoro (1877-1950), Giandomenico (1885-Unknown), and my 2nd great grandfather Felice (Felix) (1869-1952). Benedetto and his youngest son Felice immigrated to the US. Felice’s brothers, Cassiodoro and Giandomenico, also immigrated to the US but in one document I found it stated that they later returned to Gamberale.

Cassiodoro married Luigia Bucci (1877-Unknown). I know very little about Cassiodoro and even less about Luigia. Cassiodoro and Luigia had two sons: Ernesto (1906 Gamberale-Unknown) and Emidio (1914 Gamberale-1874). Ernesto married Rosa de Iulis. Emidio married Maria di Nardo. I believe Ernesto and Emidio immigrated to the US with their father.

Giandomenico married Numbiata Sciulli sometime before 1909 in Abruzzo, Italy. Giandomenico then married either a Bucci Sabbia or a Sabbia Bucci. Giandomenico had two daughters with Numbiata: Antonia and Donatella. He had five children with Bucci Sabbia/Sabbia Bucci: Benito, Desolina, Giuseppe, Guerimo, and Isidoro. I do not have any information on either of Giandomenico wives or his children.

Felix, my 2nd great grandfather, married Angelina di Salvo (1874 Ateleta, L’Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy-1924 Lorain, Ohio) in Italy before they came over to the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area and then later to Lorain County, Ohio. As far as Angelina parentage goes, I only know that her father’s name was Benedetto di Salvo. I have a suspicion that her mother’s name might be Enrichetta Ranallo also from Ateleta but I do not have any proof. Felix and Angelina had four children: my great grandfather Benjamin (Benito) Franklin Bellisario Sr. (1898 Gamberale-1971), Henry (Wadeno) (1903-1979), Daisy (Desolina) (1905-1978), and Della (Delanes) (1907-1990).

After my 2nd great grandmother Angelina di Salvo died, Felix married Onorata Bucci (1864-5 Gamberale-1932 Lorain, OH) in 1920. I think Onorata’s father might be Giacomo Bucci or Bucco. I don't know anything about her mother. After Onorata died, Felix married Mary Dalio Mancini (1870 Italy-OH). Mary’s maiden name Dalio is corrupt; the original Italian spelling is D’Elia. I think her parents’ names are Franco D’Elia and Angelina whose maiden name I do not know.

Any information regarding these family members would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thlathrop 24 Jan 2013 7:53AM GMT 
dbellisa 25 Jan 2013 3:53AM GMT 
thlathrop 26 Jan 2013 7:58PM GMT 
dbellisa 26 Jan 2013 8:35PM GMT 
thlathrop 18 Feb 2013 12:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic