Search for content in message boards

Rita & Remy Bonnici

Replies: 2

Re: Rita & Remy Bonnici

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bonnici
Hi Mark,
Great to hear from you and thanks for getting in touch. I was the Police Officer you mentioned. I stayed with your grandparents for a month in 1980. My brothers Clive and Iain visited with our mother some time before. If your mother is Thelma Whear, then I met her as a child whilst holidaying with my parents on Malta. She was a bridesmaid at my parents wedding in Sliema, Malta in 1955.I started researching my ancestry a while ago but due in part that both my parents have now passed away, Pam in 1979 and John in 2000, I have had great difficulty in taking this further, particularly with regard to my mothers side.. I have only recently discovered that that my mothers parents may not have been married, the only information I have is that when my parents married my mothers maiden name is given as Stokes, daughter of the late Mr. H.F. Stokes and of Mrs. Stokes of Pieta Wharf, Sliema.. I can find no trace of my mothers birth record, I have always assumed she was born on Malta 17.11.29. I was not aware that that my mother was your grandmothers sister therefore it would be very interesting to hear from you with regard to my mothers parents and any further information you could supply. Apart from your line I have no living older relatives other than my late fathers sister who has been unable to recall any names.. The only other relative on my mothers side I recall was a very old lady referred to as Great Great Granny. This was in the late sixties and she must have been approaching her hundredth year and resided in Oswestry.. Again no names. When I stayed with your grandparents I remember two other ladies, presumably your aunts, unfortunately I do not remember their names.. I look forward to hearing from you and perhaps we can arrange a Skype call in the near future.
Take care for now,
Mark Smith.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Morganti100 14 Mar 2012 11:30PM GMT 
Markkeating63 20 Jun 2013 2:41AM GMT 
Morganti100 21 Jun 2013 9:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions