Search for content in message boards

Lefferts Ancestories

Replies: 13

Re: Lefferts Ancestories

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 5:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear all,

I am very interested in the Hagewolt/Haagswolt family as well, since I am a descendant of Wolterus Haagswolt and his (second?) wife Geertruy Tollink. I try to couple them to the Hagewolt family from Drenthe, but didnt succeed yet unfortunately.

This is the information i have about above mentioned couple:
Wolterus Haagswolt (Hagewolt), born about 1646, mayor and owner of a "houtstek- en lakenwinkel" in Steenwijk, he died October 3rd, 1708, and married first with Gesin M. Syneeghe , who died February 2nd, 1675, and buried in Steenwijk. Wolterus married 2nd with Geertruy Tollink.
His second wife gave birth to a daughter called Gesina, died in February 1755 at Beers, who married in 1696 at Leeuwarden with Dr. Johannes van den Heuvel (1666-1718), who was a lawyer at the Court of Friesland.

I expect that a Johan (van) Hagewolt was a relative of Wolterus. He used to be an officer in the Dutch army (ritmeester), mentioned 1644-1666. At archieven.nl is mentioned about him:
"Verzoek van Drost en Gedeputeerden aan Willem Frederik om de compagnie ruiters van ritmeester Hagewolt te belasten met het bezet houden van Coevorden; met negatief antwoord, 1653, nov.". (Deputies and governor of Drenthe ask prince Willem Frederik of Oranje-Nassau to keep officier Hagewolt with his army at Coevorden, to protect the city. Which has been denied).

At www.kasteleningelderland.nl/Kastelen/Luynhorst.htm I find another Johan van Hagewolt, who was married with Catharine Elisabeth van Beringer. This lady owned (being a widow) the Luynhorst estate near Didam in 1682. They had at least 2 daughters (Aldegonde and Engeletta), who both inheritated the estate. I guess they died unmarried and didnt have a brother, since the estate was sold to another family after the death of Engeletta. I think these 2 Johan Hagewolt are the same, but ofcourse I am not sure about that.

Does one of you know the relationship of these 2 Hagewolts and their connection with the Rouveen Hagewolts? That would be highly appreciated!

kind regards,

Derk Jordaan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mimimaxandpa 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Edward Rockstein 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
m_r_zwiggelaa... 6 Dec 2001 12:26PM GMT 
pelikaan 24 Apr 2004 5:34PM GMT 
mimimaxandpa 28 Nov 2007 7:38PM GMT 
dieluyden 2 Jan 2008 12:41PM GMT 
MdePaulaLopes 16 Nov 2009 8:47AM GMT 
d_jordanowski 7 Jan 2010 12:55PM GMT 
d_jordanowski 7 Jan 2010 1:09PM GMT 
1_amoes 11 Sep 2012 3:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions