Search for content in message boards

Jannigje VanKalkeren mother: Maria Razel/Fraser? (Lienden/Maurik)

Replies: 1

Re: Jannigje VanKalkeren mother: Maria Razel/Fraser? (Lienden/Maurik)

Posted: 2 May 2012 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2012 3:46AM GMT
Hi Amy,

On Genlias it is stated that Maria Fraser was 26 years old when she died in 1859. The death registration itself however states that she was 76 years old.... The scan can be seen on https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159365-25808-82?c...

Therefore she may well be the same person as Maria Razel. In fact, I believe she is the same person. There is no death record of a Maria Razel and no more children. Jannigje fits in, timewise, between the children of Jan and Maria Fraser.

Jan and Maria had a number of children, as early as 1810, maybe earlier. I found an Aaltje (female), born Lienden 29 Nov 1810, bapt. 25 Dec 1810, daughter of Jan van Kalkeren and Maria Fraser. She died in 1815, and her mother's name is stated as Maria Fransen. So also there you see a different last name of Maria. I also saw on various birth registrations that dad Jan van Kalkeren could neither read nor write. Therefore the clerk wrote the name as he heard it, which explains variations in the way the name was written on different occasions.

Kind regards,
Marianne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Amy J Veenstr... 29 Apr 2012 11:07PM GMT 
Mariannenl 2 May 2012 9:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions