Search for content in message boards

Nicolaus Ten Grooten/Geertruyt Abbincks, >1712

Replies: 16

Re: Nicolaus Ten Grooten/Geertruyt Abbincks, >1712

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2012 5:19AM GMT
Hello Elna,

I understand your problem met Dutch language and the translation not being very good.
For translation of words this site is very easy and fast to use :
http://www.vertalen.nu/
In this case you choose in the left field ''Nederlands'' (= Dutch) and in the right one you choose ''English''
Then in the white field underneath (under: Welk woord wilt u vertalen?) you fill in the word you want to translate from Dutch to English.
Hope this helps a bit. Maby old terms can't be find, but still it may help with many words.

Then this: on the site http://www.geneaknowhow.net/digi/bronnen.html you can put this site in English by clicking right on the word English.
On this site you find everything that's online now of the Netherlands, Belgium en Luxemburg.
On the left you see the Provinces of Netherlands,
in the area you search that's Gelderland (Dinxperlo, Aalten, Eibergen f.e.)
Choose the Province and you see the places in alfabatical order, above some general or regional things.
On the 'button'' new you find the reguarly updates of new dates /information/sources that have come online.

only trancriptions or pictures of what's online will be in Dutch ofcourse. But if you got stuck, I want to help you as far as I can.

Then about your ancestors, I found this:

In Aalten, a small village nearby Dinxperloo the marriage of Theodorus Joh. (=Johannes) te Grotenhuijs and his wife Anna Radijs,
it was in Aalten I think because bride Anna Radijs lived there then.
These are the parents of you Nicolaus te Grotenhuis.
Married in Aalten and after the marriage they went living in Dinxperloo, the village were the te Grotenhuis was born and lived.

Here is the marriage of Theodorus J. and his wife:
13.07.1683 [going to Dinxperlo] Theodorus Joh. te Grotenhuijs, vooght (some kind of function he had) tot Dinxperlo, zv (=son of) wijlen (= deceased) Wessel te G. in sijn leven gewesen Vooght daer selfs, en
Anna Radijs, dv wijlen (=daughter of not living anymore) luit (= lieutenent) Nicolaus R. in 't Dorp

Theodorus also called Dir(c)k , those first names are the same, Theodorus = Dirk

Anna Radijs was baptised 15-09-1649 in Bredevoort., daughter of Nicolaus RADIJS, Luitenant, and Agnes VERSCHAGE

From this marriage at least were born:
1) Wessel te GROTENHUIS.
Ged.(=baptised) op 28-06-1684 te Dinxperlo (get. -=witnesses): Margreta Vasteels en Dirk te Grotenhuis

2) your ancestor:
Nicolaus te GROTENHUIS, bapt.op (=on) 16-05-1686 te Dinxperlo (get.: Engelberta Willemina te Grotenhuis en Dirk ten Brink

The marriage of Wessel te Grotenhuis can't be find as far as I can see, because of lack of churchbooks in that time.

regards, Jettie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elna_tymes 23 Jul 2012 11:16PM GMT 
ubbenkotte 24 Jul 2012 6:55AM GMT 
ubbenkotte 24 Jul 2012 7:13AM GMT 
elna_tymes 24 Jul 2012 8:53PM GMT 
jettie61 24 Jul 2012 7:00AM GMT 
elna_tymes 24 Jul 2012 8:52PM GMT 
ubbenkotte 25 Jul 2012 6:56AM GMT 
elna_tymes 25 Jul 2012 5:18PM GMT 
jettie61 25 Jul 2012 11:16AM GMT 
jettie61 25 Jul 2012 11:46AM GMT