Search for content in message boards

Nicolaus Ten Grooten/Geertruyt Abbincks, >1712

Replies: 16

Re: Nicolaus Ten Grooten/Geertruyt Abbincks, >1712

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Elna,

How special that your aunt's going to be 100 years and you want to give her that! Interesting to read how you were busy with the search.

although I can't prove it for 100%, it's very well possible that those churchbooks from that special time and places were destroyed in World War II
In Wikipedia I found some history:
as you perhaps already know, Dinxperlo and area lay nearby the border with Germany.
Dinxperlo was in World W. II an important transit route for the Allies
In 1945 the village was heavely shot and fired by , heavy fights and many old buildings were damaged or distroyed.
So it's very well possible that a part of the old churchbooks didn't survive this.

about your ancestors Abbink/Abbingh in Eibergen and Dinxperlo:
especially in this (eastern) part of Netherlands there were (small and larger) farms and so farmers.
In the earlier times when people had not yet a surname, one called himself often to the farm he was living and working on.
so f.e if Berent was working on farm Abbinck, he called himself ''Berent on Abbinck'' > Berent Abbink.
The oldest Abbink may have had the first name Abbe.

The same could be very possible for ten Grotenhuis.

by the way, I found mentioned that in 1719 in Eibergen Berent Abbink was deceased then, he's mentioned in that year as ''deceased husband of Grietje Cuipers''
So he died anyway in or before 1719.

regards, Jettie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elna_tymes 25 Jul 2012 5:17PM GMT 
ubbenkotte 26 Jul 2012 6:53AM GMT 
elna_tymes 26 Jul 2012 5:24PM GMT 
jettie61 28 Jul 2012 11:15AM GMT 
jettie61 26 Jul 2012 9:28AM GMT 
elna_tymes 26 Jul 2012 5:49PM GMT 
jettie61 28 Jul 2012 11:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic