Search for content in message boards

Gelderland reseach

Replies: 24

Re: Gelderland reseach

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
My husband's family (Sterk) was from Predgrad. I don't know when they came there, but I had read also that many people came, perhaps from Germany, to the area to build castles. We were there recently, found many Sterk graves at Stari trg ob Kolpi. We were unable to find graves for his great grandparents there. We do think we found a grave and home for Mary Majerle's sister, Katarina Majerle Sterk.
My husband's grandfather, George, came to the Calumet Michigan area around 1899 to work in the copper mines. Mary Majerle from Predgrad came to the US to marry him. They were married in Calumet in 1901, later moved to Janesville, Wisconsin. George had a brother Peter who also came to Calumet, married Mary Kobe in 1904. Peter's family later moved to Cleveland.
From marriage record we know that George and Peter's parents were John(or Ivan) and Maria Sterk, and that Mary Majerle's parents were George Majerle and Maria Sustar. We are looking for more info on these people; dates of birth, places of birth, where they lived. Does anyone have info?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SusanUnknown5... 27 Nov 2007 9:16PM GMT 
John van Zee 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
betty stark becker 2 Oct 2002 2:06PM GMT 
sterkmaureen 11 Jun 2012 4:57PM GMT 
Harrie Lamers 23 Jul 2012 6:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions