Search for content in message boards

Cecelia TENÖVER

Replies: 84

Re: Cecelia TENÖVER

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 6:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Let me see if I can comment to each of your three posts in the same post:

You state Cecelia and ERnst married........
A quick search shows they had sons August and Albert. There may be more children. Realize you state her father is John per her death certificate.
Did she have a son John/Jan ?? If not it is possible the death certificate is wrong.

The following are the children of Cecelia & Ernst Hertzenberg:
Harry Henry Hertzenberg b. 05 Jan 1892
Herman Frank Hertzenberg b. 19 Jun 1894
Unknown Infant Hertzenberg b. Bet. 1895–1898
Albert John Hertsenberg b. 31 Dec 1899 (changed the surname spelling around 1918)
Alma Elizabeth Hertzenberg b.03 Mar 1904
Ernst Hertzenberg b 27 Apr 1907

Yes, the death certificate could be wrong. Most of the information on the death certificate comes from the informant, who may or may not have correct information. I have thought for some time that the father listed on Cecelia's death certificate was actually her brother. The informant was Ernst Hertzenberg. I assumed this was her husband and not her son. He was 72 years at the time of her death and may have given incorrect information.

review www.familysearch.org ...........Cecelaia had a brother John H. Tenoever born 09 Apr 1864 who immigrated the same year as Cecelia. and is buried in the same cemetery as his sister..........
Us vital records say both Germany and Holland..............with Cecelia's death record saying born in Germany.
John's [aremnts listed as ..Egbertus Tenoever and Gertrude Neugerding.......... I did not look any further.

Please point me to the record that you located that identifies John H Tenoever as Cecelia's brother. I have though that they were siblings but have never found any documents that would prove the fact. They both do have listed on Census forms that the year of immigration was 1881 but that alone is not reliable proof they are siblings.

Lastly...Father, daughter Cecelia and son John H all in the same cemetery in Hamilton, Ohio...........
see find a grave

There are many Tenoever's buried at St Joseph Old Cemetery. It is one of the most popular Catholic cemetaries along with St Mary's Cemetery in Hamilton County, Ohio.

Thank you, I do appreciate your response to my post. I will look forward to hearing from you further.

Dean Walker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
walkerwdbj 25 Feb 2013 1:46PM GMT 
rdpiet 25 Feb 2013 3:17PM GMT 
Mariannenl 25 Feb 2013 7:28PM GMT 
rdpiet 25 Feb 2013 7:46PM GMT 
Mariannenl 25 Feb 2013 8:00PM GMT 
rdpiet 25 Feb 2013 8:13PM GMT 
Mariannenl 25 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT 
walkerwdbj 26 Feb 2013 6:56PM GMT 
rdpiet 26 Feb 2013 8:13PM GMT 
rdpiet 26 Feb 2013 8:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions