Search for content in message boards

Jacob Albert Van Der Zande (Van De Zande) & Fannie Sarah Klassen

Replies: 9

Re: Jacob Albert Van Der Zande (Van De Zande) & Fannie Sarah Klassen

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 7:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
WieWasWie has an English option - not everything will be in English, but you can get around a little easier. Up toward the top of the page you will see NL | EN. Click on the EN to see content in English.

I have been working on my Dutch genealogy for about 14 years now and have found many sites in the Netherlands helpful. And have learned a lot of 'tricks' in searching. Some sites may not find Jakob when searching for Jacob, so you have to try variations in spelling. And on most sites you can eliminate the 'van', 'van der', 'de', etc. prefixes - just search on the root surname. And some is educated guesswork. Most (first) marriages will happen when the individual is between 20 and 30 years of age. If Jacob married in 1878, you can do your first search with his birth being between 1848 and 1858. If nothing likely turns up, then expand until you find something.

Mostly, I got lucky. WieWasWie is a growing consolidation of information from several provincial sites in the Netherlands. Two or three years ago, you would have had to go to many sites and search each of them if you didn't find what you were looking for on Genlias (WieWasWie's predecessor).

Best of luck in your research. The Netherlands has a lot of information available on genealogical research, and there are many Nederlanders here on ancestry.com to help you with particulars.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lornamillward 2 Mar 2014 10:26PM GMT 
asweers1 4 Mar 2014 4:00AM GMT 
lornamillward 5 Mar 2014 12:35AM GMT 
asweers1 5 Mar 2014 2:58AM GMT 
lornamillward 5 Mar 2014 3:59PM GMT 
rdpiet 5 Mar 2014 5:16PM GMT 
rdpiet 5 Mar 2014 5:24PM GMT 
asweers1 5 Mar 2014 7:00PM GMT 
lornamillward 5 Mar 2014 9:53PM GMT 
rdpiet 5 Mar 2014 8:01PM GMT 
per page