Search for content in message boards

van PELT

Replies: 15

Re: Penning's History

Derek Penning (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2004 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Penning
Hi Barry, as it happens one of my brothers is called Barry Penning !!

My knowledge of the Pennings is little. I read somewhere we left East Friezeland in either Holland or Germany at the time in 1206 and landed in the UK at Lincolnshire. The family at the time were BrewMasters and brought good old brewing techniques to the British Isles. The last pub we had was in Soffolk I beleiev called the Old British Gentlemen in Saffron Walden where one of my Great Great Aunts was illigitimately concieved by the local Lord somebody !! (According to my great Aunt who died at 96 years old) We wen ton to become coal miners in Wigan at the turn of the 1900s and went back into the pub trade recently !! My sister has two pubs in Stalybridge Cheshire in the town centre. Liquid bar near the railway station and Sharkeys Bar also nearby.

I work and live in Amsterdam where there are quite a few Pennings even though it is still mainly a Friezeland name. Half of my family emigrated to New Zealand in the 1960s and are still there.

We were born in manchester I have six sisters and two brothers togther we have quite some children but only three lads called Penning and two girls called Salka and Sunnefa Penning, they are my daughters who live in Iceland their mother is Icelandic and there they usually keep their names whent hey get married. I also have two sons Thomas and Quinn born here in Holland, their mother is Dutch.

Hope this helps, please keep in touch very interesting.

Derek Penning
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Derek Penning 17 Sep 2004 1:37PM GMT 
Kristie Dunla... 15 Feb 2013 6:53PM GMT 
jeffksr2 25 Apr 2002 12:00AM GMT 
sandracarter8... 21 Feb 2008 2:23AM GMT 
little_pj 24 Jan 2014 4:15PM GMT 
rdpiet 24 Jan 2014 7:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions