Search for content in message boards

Rechtien Family in St. Louis

Replies: 4

Rechtien Family in St. Louis

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 10:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bockwinkel, Dierker, Disser, Eicholtz, Grosskettler, Lindemann, Meschede, Meyer, Rechtien and Wilmes.
My gggg grandparents are:
Johann Bernard RECHTIEN and Maria Anna WILMES
They had son's John (age 19 in 1851) and Joseph (age 16 in 1851) who both immigrated to the USA in 1851 from Hanover to New Orleans on the ship EDMUND.

John Joseph (aka Johan Joseph) RECHTIN (RECHTIEN)
born 03/18/1835 Hestrup (parish in Lengerich) died 1921 St. Louis, Mo
married to Elizabeth BOCKWINKEL (parents Franz BOCKWINKEL and Adelheid LINDEMANN died in 1849 cholera epidemic along with twin brother to Elizabeth)

John and Elizabeth had 10 children - 7 that survived to adulthood - all girls.
Mary C., Caroline, Elizabeth, Louise, Anna Christine, Anna and Clara.

Caroline RECHTIEN born 1870 MO married Joseph Anton MESCHEDE born in Westfalan Germany 1863 (parents: Henry MESCHEDE -Wesfalan and Agnes MEYER - Westfalen).

Caroline and Joseph had 3 girls and 3 boys: Johanna, Bernadine, Henry, Francis, John and Mary.

Johanna MESCHEDE born 1892 St. Louis MO married Francis Anthony DISSER born 1893 St. Louis MO. (parents Joseph DISSER (parents: Anton DISSER -Mainz Germany and Catherine Wingler - Alsace Lorraine) and Anna GROSSKETTLER (parents: Henry GROSSKETTLER - Bremen Germany and Mary EICHOLTZ - Hanover, Germany)

Johanna and Francis had 6 boys and 2 girls. Charles, John Francis (died age 3), Anna, Frances, Edward, Joseph, Bernard and Francis John.

Francis John DISSER was my father.

Francis Anton DISSER (my grandfather) had a brother Joseph Bernard DISSER married to Elizabeth DIERKER - They had a son Joseph Francis DISSER

If any of this matches with anyone I would love to hear from you. I do have some family photo's of the Rechtien's, Meschede's and Disser's.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ddisser_1 19 Feb 2003 5:52AM GMT 
millvina 21 Apr 2003 7:47PM GMT 
Beckye14 9 Oct 2004 1:09AM GMT 
CAnkelman 6 Sep 2012 3:33AM GMT 
boxmommy 9 Oct 2012 9:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions