Search for content in message boards

Brouwers Family Tree

Replies: 12

Re: Brouwers Family Tree

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brouwers
Hi Irma and Luke,

In the second document, the first few lines of the main paragraph is referring to and saying the equivalent of.... "Coming henceforth to the Great Port of Panheel".

And the next few lines are listing the persons coming forward for verification; and it also list the places (current residence) that these persons are proving (or swearing to) to be from.

Over the years the Dutch language has been peppered with influence from the Spanish, German and French that I know of. So when translating Dutch records it is important to check these languages also.

I am so glad that you replied to my original message Luke. Your advice has already been a great help for me. I have found that I can usually find the info that I need quicker by searching FamilySearch.org first and then use that info to narrow my search on Genlias.nl.

I should also add that when searching Genlias.nl I have better luck of finding my info by translating the Dutch language instead of using the English version of the website. It seems that not all of the info comes up when using the English version of the website.

Thanks again for all the great help!
Dan Brouwers
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
danbrouwers 17 Mar 2012 4:41AM GMT 
Luke Baars 17 Mar 2012 7:01AM GMT 
Luke Baars 17 Mar 2012 3:10PM GMT 
Luke Baars 17 Mar 2012 3:22PM GMT 
danbrouwers 20 Mar 2012 8:52AM GMT 
danbrouwers 20 Mar 2012 8:32AM GMT 
Irma Lommen -... 21 Mar 2012 11:01AM GMT 
Luke Baars 21 Mar 2012 2:09PM GMT 
danbrouwers 22 Mar 2012 1:12AM GMT 
Irma Lommen -... 22 Mar 2012 9:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions