Search for content in message boards

Marianne Oldaker, Utrecht, Deceased/Overledene 1840

Replies: 18

Thank You - Re: In Case Others Are Researching This Oldaker Family

Posted: 1 Jul 2014 7:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Oldaker, Oldacre, Waters, Warters, Colt
Hello, ubbenkotte -

Thank you so very much for the added information you have located, the images and the source web site addresses.

My friend and others in her family will be amazed and very happy with what you have located.

We don't know what Marianne Oldaker did in life as an adult. I wondered if perhaps she worked in service after her mother died.

As far as my friend, others who are researching this Oldaker family line, and I know, 4 of the adult children of Barnard and Nancy Waters (maybe Warters) Oldaker (also spelled Oldacre in some records) eventually immigrated to North America. One daughter, Caroline, with husband James Turnbull and their young son, settled at Quebec City in Canada. One daughter, Harriet/Harriett immigrated to the USA, New York City, with her husband and their first son. Another daughter, Emily also immigrated, as a single female, to New York City where she married an Amos H. Colt. A son, Alfred Oldaker, also immigrated to New York City, starting off his work life there as a carpenter and possibly a furniture maker, like his father. He married as well.

Again, thank you for the information you provided.

Jean E. DeLauche
Missouri, USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RvanDuuren 30 Jun 2014 11:03PM GMT 
jdelauche 30 Jun 2014 11:22PM GMT 
jdelauche 30 Jun 2014 8:05PM GMT 
RvanDuuren 1 Jul 2014 11:49AM GMT 
jdelauche 1 Jul 2014 1:43PM GMT 
jdelauche 30 Jun 2014 8:22PM GMT 
ubbenkotte 1 Jul 2014 7:03AM GMT 
ubbenkotte 1 Jul 2014 7:13AM GMT 
jdelauche 1 Jul 2014 1:58PM GMT