Search for content in message boards

Abandonded children in Zuid Holland early 1800s

Replies: 6

Re: Abandonded children in Zuid Holland early 1800s

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: sunner/sunners/bispham
Hi Valerie,

I think I know your name through Abbey Williams. Both Thomas Sunners and James Sunner were born to Esther Foulkes and both were my great grandfathers. James daughter Annie married Thomas's first born son William Thomas (known to the family as 'Fireworks"). It is Australia after all!!!
I have given detail and photos to Abbey for the family tree and have the family back to John Sunner, father of Thomas,James and Happy Ned and to his father. Elizabeth Bisphamfirst wife of James never made it to Australia and died in London but Sarah Hosford, his second wife came out under Elizabeth's name oddly (perhaps to do with passports). This caused a lot of prolonged searching over the years!

Amazing to think they listd William as abandoned on birth certificate and would be fascinated to hear what is history was if you have found out. It seems so cruel and I believe Elizabeth to have been a Quaker. I think James was a peripatic soul who seemed to move where the spirit took him. All the Sunners seemed to be boiler makers and ship builders. Please let me know if you have found more on William. I do have the newspaper article which I believe you provided on his rather hothead son's drowning. Hot headedness I think is a very strong gene for our Sunners line anyway.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CStanley84 22 Mar 2011 10:57AM GMT 
Jan_Brul 22 Mar 2011 11:17AM GMT 
CStanley84 22 Mar 2011 11:24AM GMT 
valeriehrvy 17 Aug 2011 10:12PM GMT 
valeriehrvy 17 Aug 2011 10:19PM GMT 
hjcaples 17 Oct 2012 7:51AM GMT 
hjcaples 17 Oct 2012 7:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions