Search for content in message boards

Looking for information for family tree

Replies: 1

Looking for information for family tree

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bacallas, Marcos, Junco, Plasencia, Armas
My ancestry is Spanish. My great-great-grandfather and his wife are from the Canary Islands,Spain surname Bacallas. They migrated to Cuba in the early to mid 1800's.

My paternal great-great-grandfather was Joaquin Junco from Asturias, possibly Oviedo. I am not sure of his wife's name, or am I sure she migrated with the men when the left Spain for Cuba in the late 1800's. My grandfather was a boxer for awhile and then migrated to Tampa to work as a cigar maker in the factories.

My paternal great-great-grandfather's name was Marcos, Felix or Feliz Marcos. I am not sure what area of Spain, but since the family is blonde and blue eyed, I would think north Spain. He migrated to Cuba in the mid to late 1800's and married Agustina Bacallas of Neuvitas Cuba. Eventually they migrated from Cuba to Tampa.

My maternal grandmother was Lucia Armas and from Andalusia, Spain and she married Fernando Plasencia from the Canary Islands, Spain. They migrated to Cuba in the mid 1800's were he became a fairly wealthy business man and had several 'fincas' that grew sugar cane and tabacco in the Pinar del Rio providence of Cuba.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brenda_Junco 8 Jul 2010 1:35AM GMT 
hconrad73 11 Jul 2014 3:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions