Search for content in message boards

If you need help in searching in Spain!

Replies: 215

Re: If you need help in searching in Spain!

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 11:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Lucie

Thanks so much for your info. Yes, I found both passenger records a few years back.

Eddie Perez who wrote that article, is the grandson of Domingo Ramon Perez Costa, the great grandson of Francisco Perez and Maria Costa, and the brother of my friend that I'm helping. Yes, I've read it. The only additional non-USA document that he has is the birth record for Domingo Ramon Perez Costa.

That birth record is the civil registration from Lousame, obtained in 2008. They never bothered to translate it (that's what I'm doing), and didn't follow up to go back more generations. They have located family in Spain still in the same area and they make an annual visit to Spain to see them.

I'm trying to determine next steps, where to go, what to ask for, and what can be found online, in an effort to maximize the search time when in Spain. With the language issues, it's difficult to determine what if any additional info the family in Spain has. They don't seem to have much info on more generations backwards. Each trip does reveal more clues, but my friend's father is not a young man and I'm trying to help them uncover more info sooner.

Thanks again for your extra help. If you can tell me how to determine where the church records would be kept for previous generations, that would be a big help. The local parish church is San Pedro de Tallara. From a civil standpoint, that's part of Lousame. And the province is La Coruna. So are the church records at San Pedro de Tallara? Or is there a another church in Lousame? In the USA, we call it a diocese consisting of several parishes. Does that work the same in Spain?

Don't mean to drag you into this. If there's a website I can search for that info, just point me to it. I've been unsuccessful in finding Tallara on any church website so far.

Thanks again.

Judy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lucieservole 21 Oct 2012 1:17PM GMT 
lucyh303 21 Oct 2012 2:05PM GMT 
Lowrijones05 7 Dec 2012 7:55PM GMT 
lucieservole 8 Dec 2012 10:06PM GMT 
sneakersox 20 Oct 2012 8:48PM GMT 
lucieservole 21 Oct 2012 1:38PM GMT 
sneakersox 24 Oct 2012 3:40AM GMT 
lucieservole 24 Oct 2012 1:03PM GMT 
sneakersox 24 Oct 2012 5:37PM GMT 
lucieservole 24 Oct 2012 6:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions