Search for content in message boards

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MESSAGE IN HERE! THIS FORUM IS CLOSED!

Replies: 222

Re: If you need help in searching in Spain!

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lucie

Thanks for your generous offer. I'm helping a friend whose grandfather was born in Cernande, Galicia in the 1890's. I have a poor copy of his birth record from I believe 1894. I am not fluent in Spanish, but have done enough research in other records to know in general what would be in the record, and can muddle through with my basic spanish skills. Do you have, or can you point me to a translated general template for birth records so I can try to fill in the blanks with what I have? Or even one in spanish that would give me a clue to deciphering the handwriting.

I'm talking about the generic format of these records. For example -- "On the thirty first day of December in the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred ninety four, I ... priest's name ... baptized a child whose godfather was ... name ... living in the parish of Cernande. He is the son of ... names ... and the grandson of ... names ..."

If you find any info in your CDs from Cernande, Tallara, in Galicia, my friend's grandfather's name is Domingo Ramon Perez Costa. He had 2 sisters, Josefa and Asuncion. His Father is Francisco Perez Garcia. His Mother is Maria Costa Rodriquez (unmarried). Grandparents are Jose Perez and Lucia Garcia, and Jose Costa and Juana Garcia Locastto (spelling?).

Thank you for your generous offer to help.

Judy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lucieservole 21 Oct 2012 1:17PM GMT 
lucyh303 21 Oct 2012 2:05PM GMT 
Lowrijones05 7 Dec 2012 7:55PM GMT 
lucieservole 8 Dec 2012 10:06PM GMT 
sneakersox 20 Oct 2012 8:48PM GMT 
lucieservole 21 Oct 2012 1:38PM GMT 
sneakersox 24 Oct 2012 3:40AM GMT 
lucieservole 24 Oct 2012 1:03PM GMT 
sneakersox 24 Oct 2012 5:37PM GMT 
lucieservole 24 Oct 2012 6:49PM GMT