Search for content in message boards

Fugitive from Spain in the 1930's. Escaped to Puerto Rico.

Replies: 0

Fugitive from Spain in the 1930's. Escaped to Puerto Rico.

Posted: 13 Feb 2014 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2014 5:59PM GMT
Hello All,

I know that this particular question might never be answered, but... here it is, you never know...

I'm looking for information about my great grandfather (on my mother's side). Legend (among my family) has it that he came to Puerto Rico as a fugitive from Spain somewhere in the 1930's or earlier. He apparently had killed somebody in Spain, (that's what've heard) so he ran away from justice and supposedly arrived in PR hidden on a ship. He settled in Barrio Real Anon, Ponce. His first name was either Jose or Amador , but his last name was unknown. He got Lopez from the person that gave him work on a field in Ponce. Unfortunately my grandfather (his son, my maternal grandfather) died before I became interested in knowing about his father.

Apparently he wasn't fun to be around with and many people were actually afraid of him. I've also heard that he was tall, about 6'3 or higher and had white skin and green eyes. I do not know his D.O.B. or even when he died. I do not know from which part of Spain he came either. I'm just trying to gather as much as I can given the circumstances, which I know is going to be tough. I do not have much information, but if the story rings some bells, I'll gladly appreciate any help. Thanks

Mi primer idioma es el español, no duden en escribirme en español. Gracias anticipadas.

Hector Collazo
Hector.g.collazo@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions