Search for content in message boards

Spanish surnames

Replies: 18

Re: Macrino Trelles

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Telles, Venta
I just read a post from Naomi Lynn Trelles Gaines regarding her ancestry connection to my great great grandfather, Macrino Trelles. Macrino's daughter, Matilda, married Jose Venta. They had many children, one of which was my grandmother, Matilda Venta. She married my grandfather, Dr. James R. Barnes.They had one child, a girl, Althea Alve Barnes. She was called "Tyi". I am her daughter.
I have done quite a bit of research on the Trelles and Venta names trying to trace back to see if I have any relatives left.
The name "Trelles" is of Spanish origin and "Venta", Italian. I was told that they came from San Sebastian, Spain. I have the Coat of Arms for both families and a history of the origins of each.
Jose, my great grandfather, was the head of the Spanish militia during the Civil War and received a medal, which I have.
From the information about Macrino's birth date, I am a bit confused as my grandmother Matilda is said to have been born in 1887 in New Orleans to Jose Venta and Matilda Trelles. This is according to a census report.This would put Macrino's birth date much earlier, unless this is one of his sons or a son of Matilda Trelles and Jose Venta. They did have a son named Macrino, which is more in keeping with the birth date Naomi Raines mentions in her account.This would make the Macrino you speak about my grandmother's brother and the grandson of Macrino Trelles.He was active in the operations of the Trelles Cigar Factories with his father, Jose Venta.
I would like to obtain as much information as possible on my ancestry. I remember my mother talking about the Trelles Cigar Factory my great great grandfather started and that his son-in-law, Jose Venta actually ran the factory. I also have a picture of Matilda Trelles Venta and Jose Venta, my great grandparents. If you have any additional information, please feel free to contact me and discuss.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jtullier3195 11 Jun 2007 4:06PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 11 Jun 2007 5:27PM GMT 
jtullier3195 12 Jun 2007 5:13PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 12 Jun 2007 6:51PM GMT 
shan863 21 Jan 2013 6:26PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 12 Jun 2007 6:54PM GMT 
jtullier3195 13 Jun 2007 4:09PM GMT 
shan863 26 Jan 2013 4:19PM GMT 
shan863 26 Jan 2013 4:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions