Search for content in message boards

Spanish surnames

Replies: 18

Re: Macrino Trelles

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 12:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
A lot of the information is in the census, etc. However, Macrino was born in Asturias Spain in 1883, and Mary or Maria was born in LA in 1885. Her parents were from Spain. Macrino started the M Trelles and Co. cigar factory in 1914 on the third floor of a 3 story building. When the Factory was sold it was at 701 South Peters. The building is still there, and when I go to NO I usually walk by it. It contains a law office, and some light manufactoring. I have actually walked thru it recently and was telling the people a little about it. I remember going there as a child and teenager. I am glad that youall have a boy to carry on the name. I gave my daughter Trelles as her middle name. My sister and I live in Houston, and are back and forth to NO a lot. It would be great if we could all get together one time. My sister, Dale, kept up with your father-in-law a lot when they were younger.

I wish I knew my greatgrand parents mothers and fathers. It is great that youall are interested in family history while you are young. In my case, everyone was dead by the time I got interested. I found out the greats because I had my grandfather's social security application and his naturalization papers. An interesting note: when I got the naturalization papers, my grandfather was Ubaldo Trelles Gonzalez. In Spain the mother's name stays with the child. At least at that time it did. So Ubaldo when he became a citizen actually changed his name to Ubaldo Trelles. He dropped Gonzalez. Since Gonzalez was on the end of his name, he would have been Gonzalez in the US. I will go thru my files and find more info. for you. I have a paper that was from the Times-Picayune about the factory. Will try to get that to you and will be back in touch. Lynn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jtullier3195 11 Jun 2007 4:06PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 11 Jun 2007 5:27PM GMT 
jtullier3195 12 Jun 2007 5:13PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 12 Jun 2007 6:51PM GMT 
shan863 21 Jan 2013 6:26PM GMT 
NaomiLynnTrel... 12 Jun 2007 6:54PM GMT 
jtullier3195 13 Jun 2007 4:09PM GMT 
shan863 26 Jan 2013 4:19PM GMT 
shan863 26 Jan 2013 4:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic