Search for content in message boards

Searching for Family - ABELEDO and LAMAS

Replies: 11

Re: Searching for Family - ABELEDO and LAMAS

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You know how life is, you tend to get into other projects and have to let others go for a time - unfortunately!

In any case, I'm not sure that Manuela is related to my side though - at least not directly. My grandfather, I believe was already in Cuba by the time she was born (or thereabouts).

I live here in the States, but I'm hoping to plan a trip to Spain soon so that I can go visit Rodeiro and a few other places in Galicia. I have absolutely no idea where to go other than just going to the local church and seeing if anyone has any information on getting into the parish's records.

I did find out recently though that my grandfather had some siblings named:

- Amadora Lamas
- She had a twin sister whose name we don't know.
- Carmen Pilar Lamas - I heard that she still owned the old family home in Rodeiro where my grandfather was born - but she died a few years ago. It is possible that her daughter may still live there... I'm hoping to find out when I visit. (How cool would that be to visit the house my grandfather was born in?!)
- Jose Lamas
- Josefa Lamas

Are any of those names familiar to you?

Out of curiosity, how were you able to track down your British ancestors? Maybe some of the same tactics will work here... just a thought.

Here's a photo of my grandfather. Any resemblances? I'm told the "Lamas" nose is quite prominent in the family and all my aunts and uncles pretty much look like him now in his older age.

Looking forward to chatting and learning more!

Lisset
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sonofmig 3 Dec 2010 9:53PM GMT 
lissetmba 19 Feb 2011 7:47PM GMT 
sonofmig 20 Feb 2011 11:10AM GMT 
lissetmba 21 Feb 2011 2:58AM GMT 
sonofmig 21 Feb 2011 8:40PM GMT 
lissetmba 26 Aug 2012 2:19AM GMT 
clotilde mart... 31 Jul 2011 3:07PM GMT 
sonofmig 7 Aug 2011 3:58PM GMT 
clotilde mart... 7 Aug 2011 8:00PM GMT