Search the Boards

Search Results for "coolaney" - 170 Messages

per page

Rock - Anderson/Ohara/Devans/Coen/Haraghy/Martin Posted on: 28 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

...Sligo, Calry, Roman Catholic. 6. Mary Rock born 09 Sept 1865 to James Rock and Mary Haraghy, Co. Sligo, Coolaney. 7. Mary Elizabeth Rock born 1836, ?parents, (spouse, Antonio Anselmo Martin), Co. Sligo, Sligo...

Kemble/Kemmet/Kimit, similar - Fullerton/Healy/Davy/Mitchael/Connolly/Clarke/Foly/Ogara/McGetrick Posted on: 31 May 1999, by  jeanrice

Per LDS (Mormon) Family History Center microfiched IGI index, the following individuals lived in Co. Sligo, Ireland. (See FHC for two other entries which were blurred on my photocopy). 1. Myra Kemble...

Gallagher - Marren, and others Posted on: 29 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

Hi, I mostly have information from 1860s, some before, some after. The LDS (Mormon) Family History Centers have millions of records on Irish as well as worldwide. The centers are free and open to the ...

parish of Coolaney? Posted on: 21 Jan 1999, by Michael Tobin

The Lipsett name occurs in the parish of Coolaney which is roughly in the centre of Co. Sligo. Not sure of where else in the county it occurs. I believe its pronounced Lipsey.

Co. Sligo landowners Posted on: 13 Feb 1999, by  jeanrice

...Bray, owned 1,573 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 279 pounds 15 shillings. 9. Denis Dolan, address Cappagh, Coolaney, owned 556 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 108 pounds 14 shillings. 10. George White Douglas, add...

Co. Sligo Landowners Posted on: 28 Feb 1999, by  jeanrice

...owned 503 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 447 pounds 7 shillings. 7. Master Meredith, address Cloonamahon, Coolaney, owned 1,325 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 283 pounds 9 shillings. 8. Thos. J. Meredith, Reps of...

Landowners, Co. Sligo, 1870s Posted on: 05 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

...Dublin, owned 674 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 370 pounds. 6. Capt. Meredith Thompson, address Knockadoo, Coolaney, owned 1,389 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 666 pounds 10 shillings. 7. Robert Thompson, addres...

Coolaney/Tubercurry Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by Michael Fryer

...Roscommon, much to my surprise this is what I have discovered: James Fryer b.1888 in Summerton,District of Coolaney in the Union of Tubbercurry, County Sligo to John Fryer and Bridget O'Brien. So I am start...

Diamond/Dimond - Finan/Barrett/May/Kilhooley/Smith/Connor Posted on: 28 Jun 1999, by  jeanrice

...to record for one family. 1. Bridget Dimond born 08 March 1865 to Thomas Dimond and Catherine Finan, Coolaney. 2. James Diamond born 05 Nov 1864 to Richard Diamond and Maria Barrett, Easky. (See #3) 3. Marga...

Gannon/Cannan - Foley/Jennings/Gilgan/McCarrick/OHara/Burns/Sheehan/Quinn/Grogan/McGowan/May Posted on: 04 Jul 1999, by  jeanrice

...Gannon, 06 April 1866, Tobercurry. 2. Anne Gannon born 07 Dec 1865 to Micheal Gannon and Beasy Gannon, Coolaney. 3. Anne Gannon born 18 March 1867 to Dominick Gannon and Catherine Foley, Coolaney. 4. Bernard Gannon b...

Cannon/Gannon/Cannan - McDonogh/Carroll/Grogan/Dempsey/Gilligan/MLoghlin/Murphy/Quin/Derham/May Posted on: 04 Jul 1999, by  jeanrice

...and Mary Anne Quin, Ballymote. 10. Michael Gannon born 27 Jan 1866 to John Gannon and Ellen Derham, Coolaney. 11. Patrick Gannon born 10 Nov 1865 to Owen ...

Gannon - Burns/Foley/Gragan Posted on: 04 Jul 1999, by  jeanrice

...Burns, Co. Sligo, Sligo. 2. Thomas Gannon born 25 March 1865 to Dominick Gannon and Catherine Foley, Coolaney. 3. Thomas Gannon born 14 Oct 1865 to John Gannon and Mary Gragan, Tobercurry.

Gallagher Posted on: 17 Oct 1999, by  jeanrice

...Bridget Harkan, Carney. 3. Bridget Gallagher born 17 April 1866 to John Gallagher and Bridget Hunt, Coolaney. 4. Bridget Gallagher born 12 July 1866 to James Gallagher and Mary Durkan, Aclare. 5. Bridget Gall...

Gallagher- Fox/Cryon/Finigan/Higgins/Mourtaugh/Ryons/Connell/Carty/McDonagh/Walsh/McGarrigle/Rooneen Posted on: 04 Dec 1999, by  jeanrice

...Mary Ryons, Tobercurry. 7. Catherine Gallagher born 04 Jan 1866 to Martin Gallagher and Ellen Connell, Coolaney. 8. Catherine Gallagher born 04 Jan 1866 to Anthony Gallagher and Biddy Carty, Easky. 9. Catheri...

Gallagher/Gallaher - Judge/Colby/Hosey/Harkan/Mullarkey/Mullarky/Derrigg/Roony/Sweeny/Wynn Posted on: 04 Dec 1999, by  jeanrice

...1835, Aghanagh, Roman Catholic. 2. Daniel Gallagher born 05 Dec 1864 to Hugh Gallagher and Julia Colby, Coolaney. 3. Denis Gallagher born 17 Oct 1865 to William Gallagher and Mary Hosey, Tobercurry. 4. Dennis...

Surname KILCOYNE Posted on: 19 Sep 1999, by Walt Howley

...not searching the name KILCOYNE, but I am in contact with a Father Paddi KILCOYNE, St Joseph Church, Coolaney, County Sligo. He may not be related to those of you searching that name, but he may have some kno...

SNEE Family Posted on: 17 Jan 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

...that there are others interested in the same surname. My Grandfather, Patrick Joseph Snee was born in Coolaney, Co. Sligo, Ireland in 1864. He came to Lanarkshire, Scotland, and married Sarah Clark in West Ca...

Snee Name Posted on: 07 Feb 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

Hello, Chad, My immediate branch of the family stems from Coolaney, Co.Sligo in the mid-1980's ( next door to Co. Mayo) My Grandfather, Patrick Joseph came to Scotland in 1890's looking for work in the coal m...

Cloongoonagh, Kilmacteige Parish, Co. Sligo - O'Hara family Posted on: 16 Feb 2000, by  jeanrice

...Irish families. In the middle of the 14th century the sept formed two divisions, the O'Haras Buidhe of Coolaney and Annaghmore, and the O'Haras Reagh of Ballyhara. Subordinate chiefs of the name resided at Me...

Coolaney vs Collooney Posted on: 10 Mar 2000, by Michael Tobin

Jean, Coolaney and Collooney are 2 different towns in Sligo. regards Michael

Elizabeth Meredith Posted on: 11 Mar 2000, by  LGilmore5224

...searching for an Elizabeth Meredith who married William Duke Gilmore in Co Sligo. She came from Cloonamahon, Coolaney and wehave a copy of the Meredith Castle there. William Duke Gilmore came from Ballymote i...

Mother was a Gannon Posted on: 15 Mar 2000, by Joseph Keary

Surnames > Gannon

My mom, Anna Winifred (Gannon) Keary, was born in NYC in 1919. Her mother, Anna, was from Coolaney (sp?), County Sligo, IRE. We went to visit her Uncle Mike and Aunt Ellen in Sligo back in 1966. Several Ganno...

My Snee Family Posted on: 26 Apr 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

...old enough some days (:-)). My Great Grandfather was James Snee ( a farmer) married to Mary Higgins in Coolaney on 2nd April 1849. He had , at least, one brother, Patrick, born in Kiloran, Co. Sligo. My own ...

Kemmitt Posted on: 03 May 2000, by  tawnagh

...Kimmit(t), Kimit- I have been across lived in Taunagh (Tawnagh), Riverstown, Sligo town, Collooney, Calry, Coolaney, Ballygawley, Ballymote or Aghanagh. All theses places are in a 20 square miles area. A Mich...

SNEE Family Posted on: 06 Aug 2000, by  psnee

My Great Grandfather, James Snee ( farmer ) married Mary Higgins in Coolaney ( Kiloran Parish ) on Feb 4th 1864.

Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 13 Oct 2000, by  ko315

Surnames > Snee

My grmother was Marianne (later Anna Marie) Snee, b. 1885, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, Ireland. dtr of Daniel Snee, 1846-c1914 -- son of James Snee, d. c1891. Marianne's siblings were: Catherine (1886-195...

McCarrick Posted on: 02 Nov 2000, by  sylviamccarri...

Looking for Martin McCarrick who left Rockfield, Coolaney, Co Sligo, Ireland, for the USA, sometime about the 1900's. He married a Maria Derrig,1895 in Ballymote RC Church, Co Sligo. Maria died 1898 in Rockfi...

Healey Posted on: 22 Nov 2000, by Mary O'Brien

...Healeys for you: Patrick O'Brien and Catherine Healey, children Edward (1866), and Peter (1867)locality of Coolaney. James O'Brien and Anna Heally, children Bridget (1879) parish of Taunagh. Regards, Mary

James Davis - Co Sligo, Ireland to Philadelphia, PA Posted on: 13 Dec 2000, by  JennieJones18...

Surnames > Davis

Looking for any info on my Great Grandmother's brother James Davis. Born c1874 Coolaney, Co Sligo, Ireland. Moved to Philadelphia, lived at Osage (?) Avenue. Was a tram driver and then an inspector on the tra...

O'Gara Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by Michael Iannotta

...grandmother was Ann O'Gara (c. 1845-c.1920) of Killavil, Gurteen District. She married a Patrick Colleary of Coolaney. One of their son's, John Colleary (1866-1908) emigrated to New York c. 1888. There are de...

Snee, James Posted on: 05 Jan 2001, by  ko315

...James? Their son Daniel, 1846-1914, was my great grandfather. Daniel and his family were from Creevaun, Coolaney.

Bradley Posted on: 07 Apr 2001, by Don Buckley

There is a Bradley family in Coolaney, C. Sligo, not far from Collooney. Pat and Mary. Pat is the grandson of Kate Bradley, formerly Kate Mc Fadden.

Re: SNEE, TOOLAN, FLYNN, MCNULTY Posted on: 10 Jul 2001, by  KathleenONeil...

...Daniel Snee, son of James Snee and (reportedly) Mary McNulty. As Daniel married, lived, and died in Coolaney, Co. Sligo, it is a good chance his parents lived there also. I have been unable to document whethe...

Re: Woodland Posted on: 05 Aug 2001, by  www_space1221...

...Later. I tracked my G G grandfather on Ellis Island . com. His name was Archibald Woodland . He came from Coolaney, Ireland. It lists his ethenticity as Irish. He arrived in ellis island in 1903 at the age of...

Re: Mother was a Gannon Posted on: 24 Sep 2001, by  kath56861

Surnames > Gannon

My Gannon ancestors were from Co.Sligo, Ballymote and Coolaney are names I remember from my father who was Henry Gannon, son of John Gannon. John came to England from Ireland and married in 1894 a lady calle...

Re: parish of Coolaney? Posted on: 03 Oct 2001, by  ProfColf

The Lipsett family still resides in Coolaney, Sligo, and they run a successful tavern, the Mountain Inn (with an attached general store) . . . it's been in the family for many years . . . my grandfather, Fran...

Re: Robert Morrison Posted on: 10 Nov 2001, by  L_Heselton

...born in Sligo- the only written record is a family bible and as near as we can make out he came from Coolaney, Colhoney, or some such similarily spelled place in Sligo. They were Methodist. He was born to Joh...

Re: O'Haras Posted on: 24 Mar 2002, by  KathySimons44

I thought I would add some O'Hara "folk lore" to the mix! My great, great grandmother was Nancy O'Hara from Cloonacool and was born in 1799. She is said to have descended from Cormac O'Har...

Re: McGetricks of Sligo Posted on: 24 Mar 2002, by  KathySimons44

In my family tree for McCarrick's, I have a marriage of John McCarrick (1777-1837) to Anne McGettrick (1771-1864) from the Coolaney area of Co. Sligo. Hope this helps.

Re: Henry Family Posted on: 24 Mar 2002, by  KathySimons44

...have four Henry's married to McCarrick's. The McCarrick's were from around Tobercurry, Cloonacool, Coolaney, Loughill, etc. areas of Co. Sligo. Do you have any McCarrick's in you Henry family?

Re: SNEE, TOOLAN, FLYNN, MCNULTY Posted on: 22 Apr 2002, by  ko379

...Mary Toolan, sister to my gr-grandmother, Anne Toolan. Mary married John Rooney in Killoran parish, Coolaney, Co. Sligo in 1871. While I do not know where they lived after that, I do know Norah and Nellie emi...

Re: John Colleary and Mary Drury Posted on: 21 Sep 2002, by  R_Colleary

Surnames > Colleary

...Just received the marriage record for Patrick Colleary who married Anne OGara. Wedding took place in Coolaney in the Union of Tubbercurry. It shows that Patrick was a widower and his father's name was John....

Re: John Colleary and Mary Drury Posted on: 22 Sep 2002, by  R_Colleary

Surnames > Colleary

...4-17-1864. It indicates his father was John Collery. They were married in the registrar's district of Coolaney in the Union of Tubbercurry. It also shows that Patrick was a widower. Could there be a conne...

Re: McGettricks in Ireland Posted on: 23 Mar 2003, by Kathy Flynn Simons

...help or not, but I have an Anne McGettrick (1771-1864), who married John McCarrick (1777-1837) from Coolaney, Co. Sligo. At least this might give you an area to search. Good Luck, Kathy

Re: Dolan, Denis Posted on: 11 May 2003, by marie hicks

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Offaly (Kings) > General

my greatgrandfather had a brother Denis Dolan, they were from Cappagh co, Coolaney irealnd about 1875 i believe, i would like to hear from you , I do have much family history that may be some help to you,

Re: We could be distant cousins Posted on: 24 Sep 2003, by  KathyFS

Surnames > Henry

...your information, but I have a listing for a Thomas Henry of Carrowmore, who married Anne McCarrick of Coolaney. Anne's parents were Patrick McCarrick of Coolaney and Bridget Henry of Doomore and they were married a...

Where is Clara Posted on: 24 Oct 2003, by Kathleen

...to be the record of my grandfathers birth in 1866. He was born 27th January 1866 in the district of Coolaney, Union of Tubbercurry. His father is John Gannon and under his name it says Clara. Perhaps someo...

Re: Where is Clara Posted on: 24 Oct 2003, by Kathleen

...doesn't seem to be added to the birth record as a place name. The birth is registered in the district of Coolaney, Tubbercurry, Co.Sligo. Under the date of birth is written Clara and another word that appear...

HARANS of SLIGO Oakfield, Meemlough Coolaney & Balisodare Posted on: 14 Mar 2004, by  davinasommers

I'm looking for any information on Patrick Haran married to Patricia Jinks. Patrick is my grandad & his parents were Paul Haran & Mary Preston I don't know their D.O.B but would be extremely g...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 19 Mar 2004, by  ko379

Surnames > Snee

New email address is: jkoneill<remove this part before sending>@verizon.net

per page