Search the Boards

Search Results for "kirkcudbrightshire" - 31 Messages

per page

Re: Milligan - 1861 census lookup please Posted on: 27 May 2014, by  hobson_uk

Topics > Census > United Kingdom > Census of United Kingdom 1861

...Robert was older than your Robert he and his family also moved to Liverpool from Scotland - from Buittle, Kirkcudbrightshire. Perhaps your Robert was the nephew of the older Robert - do you know if they came from the ...

Re: William Sproat b abt 1819, Kirkcudbrightshire, pawnbroker, Kingswinford, Staffordshire, Northumberland, England Posted on: 01 Jun 2014, by  drm080944

Surnames > Sproat

Here's your answer, Jean. The Lethbridge Herald - Lethbridge, Alberta - Sep. 19, 1939 From: Newspaper Archive Text: "Five Canadian citizens will receive $3,000 each from the estate of William...

Re: McGillsin Wellington Posted on: 28 Jun 2014, by  JJSMMcGill

Localities > Oceania > New Zealand > Wellington

...MacFarlane. No further info on this family. Marion's father was John Shaw born 29.10.1788 Minnigaff Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland died 27.2.1860 Muirkirk Ayrshire, father James Shaw born 19.1.1745 Kells Kirkcudbrightshire died ? James wif...

keltons in scotland Posted on: 10 Aug 2014, by  dgraham21

Surnames > Kelton

...married catherine lindsay i beleive agnes bore an iligitimate child to a thomas costin in Troqueer, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland that child was my 2nd great grandfather he was born in 1836 love to hear any more info on...

Re: KELTON family in Australia since 1839 Posted on: 11 Aug 2014, by  dgraham21

Surnames > Kelton

...married catherine lindsay i beleive agnes bore an iligitimate child to a thomas costin in Troqueer, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland that child was my 2nd great grandfather he was born in 1836 love to hear any more info on...

Re: Henrys of Anwoth Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire,Scotland Posted on: 12 Aug 2014, by  Rowstron

Surnames > Henry

Sadly, I'm 9 years late in picking this up but if you receive this posting, please make contact as I am also interested in the Killeron Henrys.

Re: Henrys of Anwoth Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire,Scotland Posted on: 17 Aug 2014, by  joandickson99...

Surnames > Henry

As you will see I replied four years after the first message was posted and thought that I may have missed the chance of making contact. Fortunately I wasn't and neither are you. Jane Henry, daughter ...

Re: Henrys of Anwoth Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire,Scotland Posted on: 18 Aug 2014, by  Rowstron

Surnames > Henry

Thank you for responding, Joan. We have exchanged information previously after I visited Killeron, a couple or three years back, when the owner kindly gave me your contact details. You may recall I wa...

Re: Hezlop families in Scotland Posted on: 12 Sep 2014, by  ScottParkey

Topics > Name Origins

...that in 1841 (the farthest back it goes), Hyslop/Heslop was most common in Dumfriesshire, followed by Kirkcudbrightshire, with Lanarkshire and Ayrshire also having some. Note that they're all in the south of Scotland.

albert james hannay Posted on: 18 Sep 2014, by  paulinenairn

Surnames > Hannay

Looking for any information on Albert James Hannay born 1888 maxwelltown Kirkcudbrightshire. Died in Arneke in 1918. Great, great,great uncle. Thanks. (any other info re fellow hannay family members would be great t...

Adam Pringle and Janet Scott of Roberton Posted on: 02 Oct 2014, by  Calvin_Logan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Selkirkshire > General

...lived in Roberton (near Hawick) in the early 1800's. Their descendents spread through Dumfriesshire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Wigtownshire and Ayrshire, and of course now, throughout Britain and the world.

William Pringle died 1968 at Craigdews, Minnigaff, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 02 Oct 2014, by  Calvin_Logan

Looking for descendents of William Pringle. He was born in about 1910 in Bargrennan, Kirkcudbrightshire. He lived in Wigtownshire for a time. He married an Elizabeth Marsh Higgins. Lived in Dumfriesshire, then died at ...

Re: William Pringle died 1968 at Craigdews, Minnigaff, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 02 Oct 2014, by  maryrichson

Dear Calvin, Since you have genealogy interests in Wigtownshire, you might like to join the Wigtownshire mailing list, Instructions for doing so are at http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/intl/...

Re: Grace Glover Clingan Posted on: 12 Oct 2014, by  henryduncan56

Surnames > Clingan

...for you. There is a book of Monumental Inscriptions that relate to the Parish of Kirkpatrick Durham,in Kirkcudbrightshire,Scotland. I believe that entry No121, shown below may relate to the parents of your Grace Glove...

Re: John Thompson Parker of Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 25 Nov 2014, by  Richard Calla...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

Hi there. Sorry I haven't logged in here for years and randomly decided to check. You said you may have information on John Thompson Parker? You can contact me on riccallaghan@me.com

Andrew Harkness & Jane Simpson, mc. 1815 in Kirkconnel Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland Posted on: 16 Dec 2014, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Harkness

I would like to have contact with anyone descended from or researching Andrew Harkness and his wife, Jane Simpson. Andrew Harkness (son of Angus Harkness and wife, Margaret Turnbull) was born 4 June 1...

Jane Simpson & Andrew Harkness, md. 1815 in Kirkconnel Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland Posted on: 16 Dec 2014, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Simpson

I would like to have contact with anyone descended from or researching Andrew Harkness and his wife, Jane Simpson. Andrew Harkness (son of Angus Harkness and wife, Margaret Turnbull) was born 4 June 1...

James Graham (d. 1905) & Anne Harkness (d.1896), Kirkcudbright, Scotland Posted on: 16 Dec 2014, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Graham

...wife, Jane Simpson) was born July 18, 1825 in Kirkconnel Parish, Dumfriesshire; died November 6, 1896 in Kirkcudbrightshire (Registered at Crossmichael 1896). James and Anne lived in New Cumnock Parish, Ayrshire until ...

Re: Alexander McCullough of Doran, Donegal Posted on: 01 Jan 2015, by  aklsco1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Donegal > General

...Macullar family is of ancient Scotch origin. Before the year 1000, the family was seated in Wigtonshire and Kirkcudbrightshire, and in later centuries spread through the country. A branch in Ulster Province, Ireland, s...

Raphael / Raffel / Raphel Posted on: 11 Jan 2015, by  kirsty raphae...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

...searched so far, there is strong link to that area (all found ancestors have lived in Dumfriesshire or Kirkcudbrightshire) and it makes sense since my dad always pronounced my name like "raffle" despite the s...

Re: William Sproat b abt 1819, Kirkcudbrightshire, pawnbroker, Kingswinford, Staffordshire, Northumberland, England Posted on: 13 Jan 2015, by  snwood4

Surnames > Sproat

I am a direct relative of the Sproat Family written about in the letter from Dennis McCrea. I have studied our family for 15 plus years. I would like to contact you with more information and you cou...

Re: Sissons from Hull, East Yorkshire Posted on: 23 Jan 2015, by  Jeremy Teale

Surnames > Sissons

...willing to share. I'm planning a visit to Hull and Beverley next week to do more digging. Jerry Teale Kirkcudbrightshire

Re: Kirkland Ancestors Posted on: 23 Jan 2015, by  geneladyMO

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...sorry I have found no records in Scotland. All I have is the name and that they lived in Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. Old records are scanty. I keep hoping!

James Rae & Jane “Jean” Graham Md. 1871 in Crossmichael Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland Posted on: 24 Jan 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Rae

I would like to have contact with anyone descended from or researching the family of or siblings of James Rae and his wife, Jane “Jean” Graham. Jane “Jean” Graham (daughter of James Graham and his wif...

Samuel Callander & Marion Graham, Md. 1876 Crossmichael Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland. Posted on: 24 Jan 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Callander

...Crossmichael - Marriage Index). The 1901 census lists Samuel and Marion living at Chapelyard, Rerrick Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. Samuel Callander was born in Crossmichael Parish approximately 1856 and died 8...

Re: McCaver Posted on: 02 Feb 2015, by  jimsanssouci

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

...Annette Code’s reply, I got carried away as you will see. Do they descend from McAver in Scotland in Kirkcudbrightshire and Lanarkshire, or are there earlier records for Co Longford? are they celts or norse? The histo...

Re: Thomas Carswell & Ann Kirkpatrick - Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland to Quebec, Canada Posted on: 18 Feb 2015, by  Rosemary John...

Surnames > Carswell

I am a direct descendant of Robert Carswell, if you are still on this site get back to me and I will share what I have

Re: Thomas Carswell & Ann Kirkpatrick - Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland to Quebec, Canada Posted on: 18 Feb 2015, by  Rosemary John...

Surnames > Carswell

I am a direct descendant of Robert Carswell, brother of Thomas, if you are still on this site get in touch and I will share what I have

Re: john smith mckeand Posted on: 18 Feb 2015, by  Lorna Conagha...

Surnames > McKeand

Hi Folks, I have been researching the McKeands in Kirkcudbrightshire for a number of years and wrote on this post in 2009 trying to find a connection between John Smith McKeand and my Gr. gr. grandfather James McKeand ...

William Morris from Aberdeen 1881 need help Posted on: 03 Mar 2015, by  karen norman

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

...Great-grandfather William Morris Born 1881 about in keumay, Aberdeen at the age about Twenty he moved down to Kirkcudbrightshire that's where he met my Great grandmother Annie and Married her and stayed for rest his li...

Re: McKINNELL / BRYDSON Connection Posted on: 19 Apr 2015, by  m duncan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

...married Agnes Alexander in 1822 Buittle and Joseph Brydson who married Mary Alexander in 1863 Terregles, Kirkcudbrightshire

per page