Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "kirkcudbrightshire" - 15 Messages

per page

Re: William Gourlay Janet (Maxwell) Thomas; Michael Thomas Posted on: 15 Sep 2015, by  burnsjudimcke...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

Ellie me too but did not put it into the above I have the family and may be counting my chickens before they are hatched - have the proof of Janet (Maxwell) Thomas Gourlay as daughter of Agn...

Re: KERR family from Tattenaheglish, Aghalurcher Parish Posted on: 02 May 2016, by  sobrien73

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

...Fermanagh - there is a gravestone from the 1740s which appears to indicate her ancestor was born in Kirkcudbrightshire in the 1600s. But it’s pretty unusual to get that sort of information. Most of the population were ...

Wellwood Maxwell McCall & Georgina Irving, Md. 1893 Tundergarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. Posted on: 31 Oct 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > McCall

...December 1866 in Hutton & Corrie Parish, Dumfriesshire and died 27 August 1932 in Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. She married Joseph Wellwood Maxwell McCall in 1893 in Tundergarth Parish, Dumfriesshire...

1870 WIGTOWNSHIRE SCOTLAND DEATHS (HANNAH/HANNAY) Posted on: 21 May 2016, by  KeithMoody61

Surnames > Hannay

1870 WIGTOWNSHIRE SCOTLAND DEATH RECORDS (HANNAH/HANNAY) KIRKMAIDEN Margaret Hannay, single, age 76, d.1 Mar 1870, f-James Hannay (agricultural labourer,dcd), m-Mary McClymont (dcd), informant: Hugh ...

Clingan about 1680 Posted on: 05 Apr 2016, by  constance bar...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

I'm trying to trace my family. I know that they came from Saxsony to Kirkcudbrightshire. The possible name I have from Scottland is Edward Clingan (1680). They then went to the Plantation of Ulster / Donegal Ireland....

Georgina Irving & Joseph Wellwood Maxwell McCall, Md. 1893 Tundergarth, Dumfriesshire, Scotland. Posted on: 31 Oct 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Irving

...December 1866 in Hutton & Corrie Parish, Dumfriesshire and died 27 August 1932 in Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. She married Joseph Wellwood Maxwell McCall in 1893 in Tundergarth Parish, Dumfriesshire...

Jane Wilson, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 13 May 2016, by  chynnalilly

Surnames > Wilson

I am looking for any information about Jane Wilson. She was born 13 December 1890 in Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. Her parents were John Wilson (1863-1949) and Jane Wilson (nee Milroy). Jane had at least five siblings ...

Alexander Irving & wife, Jane (Jean) Lorimer, md. 1856 in New Cumnock Parish, Ayrshire, Scotland. Posted on: 31 Oct 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Irving

I would like to have contact with anyone descended from or researching the family of or siblings of Jane Lorimer and her husband, Alexander Irving. Jane (also called Jean) was the daughter of William ...

Re: Hamilton Paterson Posted on: 15 Apr 2016, by  MaureenEdna

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Paterson Son Single age 31 b.1850 Glasgow Model Maker unemployed 1881 Census Millburn Street Kirkcudbright Kirkcudbrightshire Alexander ...

Re: Henry/Cornock Family Tongland Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  BrianMClark

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kincardineshire > General

I suspect you have posted on the wrong board - the family appear to be in Kirkcudbrightshire There is a little information on-line from various free sources. The LDS Church index has Elizabeth's birth & marriage r...

Re: Dornan and Aitken families Posted on: 20 May 2016, by  ceaesngen_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ross & Cromarty > General

...Brodie b: 1872 in Scotland, d: 1959 ...... + James Maltman b: 1870 in Scotland, m: 1897 in Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, d: 1950 in Beebe, Quebec .........3 Florence B Maltman b: Dec 1905 in Scotland, d: 19...

Re: McMinn:Lindsay Posted on: 04 May 2016, by  heathercarson...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...correct one, by his illegitimate child Alexander McMinn b.29 Aug 1850 in Moat Croft cottages, Twynholm, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, mother Agnes Burnie b.1831. I have a paternity record that states: "William M...

Re: James Ewart 1880 Posted on: 06 Dec 2015, by  henryduncan56

Hi Karen Just had a look at James in the 1891 census. This shows his place of birth as Kirkgunzeon,in Kirkcudbrightshire. A check on http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ shows only 1 James Ewart being born 1879 in that l...

James Ewart 1880 Posted on: 04 Dec 2015, by  karen norman

...can help but looking for information on my Great Granddad James Ewart i know he was born around 1880 Kirkcudbrightshire i cant find any trace of his parents only that he lived with his uncle in Kirkpatrick Durham, Kirkcudbrightshire, Sc...

Jane (Jean) Lorimer & husband, Alexander Irving, md. 1856 in New Cumnock Parish, Ayrshire, Scotland. Posted on: 31 Oct 2015, by  Janet_Finney

Surnames > Lorimer

I would like to have contact with anyone descended from or researching the family of or siblings of Jane Lorimer and her husband, Alexander Irving. Jane (also called Jean) was the daughter of William ...

per page