Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "kirkcudbrightshire" - 9 Messages

per page

Re: Henry/Cornock Family Tongland Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by  BrianMClark

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kincardineshire > General

I suspect you have posted on the wrong board - the family appear to be in Kirkcudbrightshire There is a little information on-line from various free sources. The LDS Church index has Elizabeth's birth & marriage r...

Re: McMinn:Lindsay Posted on: 04 May 2016, by  heathercarson...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...correct one, by his illegitimate child Alexander McMinn b.29 Aug 1850 in Moat Croft cottages, Twynholm, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, mother Agnes Burnie b.1831. I have a paternity record that states: "William M...

Re: Dornan and Aitken families Posted on: 20 May 2016, by  ceaesngen_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ross & Cromarty > General

...Brodie b: 1872 in Scotland, d: 1959 ...... + James Maltman b: 1870 in Scotland, m: 1897 in Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, d: 1950 in Beebe, Quebec .........3 Florence B Maltman b: Dec 1905 in Scotland, d: 19...

Clingan about 1680 Posted on: 05 Apr 2016, by  constance bar...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

I'm trying to trace my family. I know that they came from Saxsony to Kirkcudbrightshire. The possible name I have from Scottland is Edward Clingan (1680). They then went to the Plantation of Ulster / Donegal Ireland....

Re: Cuthbertson - Annan, south west Scotland Posted on: 02 Sep 2016, by  robincoles2

Surnames > Cuthbertson

Hi Jo I have tried to connect your Cuthbertson's to mine, my lot are from more west around Minnigaff, Kirkcudbrightshire and Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire. Langholm is east of the M 74 so it's not to far away. The fur...

Re: KERR family from Tattenaheglish, Aghalurcher Parish Posted on: 02 May 2016, by  sobrien73

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

...Fermanagh - there is a gravestone from the 1740s which appears to indicate her ancestor was born in Kirkcudbrightshire in the 1600s. But it’s pretty unusual to get that sort of information. Most of the population were ...

1870 WIGTOWNSHIRE SCOTLAND DEATHS (HANNAH/HANNAY) Posted on: 21 May 2016, by  KeithMoody61

Surnames > Hannay

1870 WIGTOWNSHIRE SCOTLAND DEATH RECORDS (HANNAH/HANNAY) KIRKMAIDEN Margaret Hannay, single, age 76, d.1 Mar 1870, f-James Hannay (agricultural labourer,dcd), m-Mary McClymont (dcd), informant: Hugh ...

Jane Wilson, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 13 May 2016, by  chynnalilly

Surnames > Wilson

I am looking for any information about Jane Wilson. She was born 13 December 1890 in Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. Her parents were John Wilson (1863-1949) and Jane Wilson (nee Milroy). Jane had at least five siblings ...

Re: Hamilton Paterson Posted on: 15 Apr 2016, by  MaureenEdna

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Paterson Son Single age 31 b.1850 Glasgow Model Maker unemployed 1881 Census Millburn Street Kirkcudbright Kirkcudbrightshire Alexander ...

per page