Search the Boards

Search Results for "kirkcudbrightshire" - 46 Messages

per page

Re: County Monaghan Caseys in Scotland Posted on: 13 May 2013, by  sld1964

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Monaghan > General

Jamie, Requarding Agnes O'Neil,b,1825;d.8/14/1911 in Kirkcudbrightshire. She was my husband's ggrandmother.How is she related to you??I could not navigate your family tree. Our tree--Thomas B. Dunn Look forward to th...

Baird family from Scotland to New Zealand Posted on: 19 May 2013, by  cmcgillan14

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

Robert Baird was born in Kircudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland ABT 1840. He arrive at Port Chalmers Dunedin 1862 on ship Scoresby that departed from London. Could anyone please help me to discover who his parents w...

Robert and Margaret Baird Isla Bank Posted on: 23 May 2013, by  cmcgillan14

Localities > Oceania > New Zealand > Southland

Robert Baird was born in Kircudbright Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland. Arrived on ship Scoresby 1862 port Chalmers . Married to Margaret Brass who died during childbirth 1867(lonely grave five rivers)I have searched for a ...

Baird family from Scotland to New Zealand Posted on: 23 May 2013, by  cmcgillan14

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Morgan

Robert Baird was born in Kircudbright Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland. Arrived on ship Scoresby 1862 port Chalmers . Married to Margaret Brass who died during childbirth 1867(lonely grave five rivers)I have searched for a ...

Re: John Thompson Parker of Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 28 May 2013, by  ruddyduck52

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

email me as I may have some info for you

Re: Jennet/Janet Manson from Scotland born 1850 (Long shot!) Posted on: 30 May 2013, by  hastiegd

Surnames > Manson

Hi Lorrie/Shelli Good info from Shelli. John b. 1816 in Borgue, Kirkcudbrightshire married Grace Hitchell b. 1816 Tongland, Kirkcudbrightshire on 18 Nov 1838 in Borgue. Their children, Grace b. 1839, Mary b. 1840, James b. 1843 and J...

Re: Mary Moffitt or Moffatt Posted on: 11 Jun 2013, by  Pavelys5

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

Thank you for your reply. William Scott came over to Kirkcudbrightshire and married a local girl (Grace Ross) in 1855. He had two sons by her and disappeared after the second one (John, my wife's ancestor) was born in ...

Re: baird kircudbrightshire Posted on: 20 Jun 2013, by  henryduncan56

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

Hi This is the 1851 census record for the Baird family living at Barbershall,Parton Kirkcudbrightshire,Scotland. It would appear that both parents are missing or dead as the head of the family is William Baird, a farme...

Re: William Stoddart Scotland born 1816. Brother John born 1814 Posted on: 25 Jun 2013, by  davidoakley81

Surnames > Stoddart

...which would match the brothers. I had not heard of Janet before. At this time Agnes Glenachan is in Kirkcudbrightshire. On FamilySearch.org there is a marriage of John Stodart (of full age)- printer of Hurst Street, Li...

Carson Margaret nee Clyne or McClune Posted on: 20 Jul 2013, by  Brenda Bucker...

Surnames > Carson

...saddler of Lanarkshire 1855, this is the information on her death cert. Margaret was born in Girthon, Kirkcudbrightshire and died 4 Dec 1855. Have no info where William was born. Their children were James, John, Sarah,...

Ann DOUGLAS, 1786-1865 Parton, KIRKCUDBRIGHTSHIRE Posted on: 01 Aug 2013, by  shirleyknits

Surnames > Douglas

...looking for info about my 4th great grandmother, Ann DOUGLAS, who was born approx 1786 in Parton Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. She married Samuel ERSKINE/ASKIN & had at least 9 children. She died 15 Jan 18...

Re: Ann DOUGLAS, 1786-1865 Parton, KIRKCUDBRIGHTSHIRE Posted on: 01 Aug 2013, by  William Dougl...

Surnames > Douglas

I could not help myself replying to this, not because I know the answers that you are looking for, but because it mentions Parton. Parton is a tiny village in the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright (Kirkcusb...

Re: Ann DOUGLAS, 1786-1865 Parton, KIRKCUDBRIGHTSHIRE Posted on: 01 Aug 2013, by  William Dougl...

Surnames > Douglas

I have an 1851 census entry here: http://www.douglashistory.co.uk/history/Lists/1851%20census%20extract.htm The page is badly laid out, but there is this: Kirkcudbright DOUGLAS ROBERT SERVANT U 15 FAR...

Leaving Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 06 Aug 2013, by  brad_lucas77

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on finding out how my great-great grandfather got from Kirkcudbrightshire to Australia between 1860 and 1864. I've scoured the internet for passenger lists on ships between these years ...

Re: Leaving Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 06 Aug 2013, by  henryduncan56

Hi Brad I have read your message re Lucas family in Kirkcudbrightshire & also viewed your earlier posts in 2012. In your Tree on Rootsweb you mention that there may be a discrepancy in the fathers given name being ...

Re: Leaving Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 06 Aug 2013, by  brad_lucas77

Hi Matt, Many thanks for the reply and the info. Am I understanding you correctly that those names and dates come from a single monumental inscription and relate to a single family? If that's the ca...

Re: Leaving Kirkcudbrightshire Posted on: 06 Aug 2013, by  henryduncan56

Hi Brad Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but at least you know the correct fathers given name. All the info is from one headstone,the Scottish stones are wonderful for information. I had two branc...

Re: Middletons of Dumfriesshire Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, and Nashville, USA Posted on: 27 Aug 2013, by  sarah o'risky

Surnames > Middleton

my martin middleton was born in Kentucky, his parents were john and agnes middleton from Scotland. John's brothers were James and joseph. he came over because his uncle martin had property in Indiana...

James Hyslop of Kirkudbrightshire Posted on: 12 Sep 2013, by  Hannah Grant

Surnames > Hyslop

...into my maternal line with the wife of a James Hyslop born 1719 in Kirkcudbright; died 1814 Rerrick, Kirkcudbrightshire. He had married in February of 1750 to a Miss Elizabeth Paterson also of Kirkcudbright born 1721. ...

Re: Hugh Sproat c 14 April 1723 & Barbara Houston, McHarg, Muir, Graham, Euphemia Murray, Beattie, Rain Posted on: 12 Sep 2013, by  spgenmily1

Surnames > Sproat

...unable to locate information on any public family tree. 1841 Scotland Census Civil Parish Kirkmabreck, Kirkcudbrightshire, Address Cairn Holly, Parish No. 873, farmer James Sproat, b 1795 d. at Laurieston, 1876 (84 y)...

Gordon,Brown,Sproat,McClellan,Little,Craford,McQuahee,McTaggart,Tait,Johnston,Rain,Matthewson,Maben,Ireland,Jolly,Martine,Bean Posted on: 14 Sep 2013, by  spgenmily1

Surnames > Sproat

and Hannine, Conchie, Linton If you know the siblings of the parents listed, parents and siblings of the parents of the family groups listed, would you kindly indicate same. If you know who the chil...

Re: Gordon,Brown,Sproat,McClellan,Little,Craford,McQuahee,McTaggart,Tait,Johnston,Rain,Matthewson,Maben,Ireland,Jolly,Martine,Bean Posted on: 15 Sep 2013, by  spgenmily1

Surnames > Sproat

Family names on this posting query are Kirkpatrick, McQuhir, Brown, Tait, Neilson, Johnston, Connel, Coltart, Taggart, McMurray, Robinson, Mein, Hutcheson, Dargavel If you know the siblings of the pa...

Bells of Paisley and possible link to Provesthaugh Posted on: 26 Sep 2013, by  Scott Bell

Surnames > Bell

...born. He married Mary Laird but their son also a Peter broke with tradition and was born in Rerrick Kirkcudbrightshire in 1796 although he obviously returned, as he died in Paisley in 1884. My cousin has a crest that s...

Re: Palmer Family Posted on: 13 Oct 2013, by  RobbieWilson4...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

...This my cousin's wife's family. I have researched this family who came from Ayrshire, Dumfriesshire, Kirkcudbrightshire and in the Highlands and in England. All the best Robbie

Re: Jolly's of Scottland Posted on: 17 Nov 2013, by  Elaine Gray

Surnames > Jolly

...in. I did research on my family tree and traced my dad's side back to James Jolly (born around 1778 kirkcudbrightshire) he married a ?Millie unknown surname. They had a daughter Helen Jolly who live and married a Jos...

McColm, Peter Posted on: 19 Nov 2013, by  Shirley10

Surnames > McColm

My ancestor, William Malcolm, was born 11 Jun 1806, in Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire. I have just found his parents, Peter Mccolm and Jean Roxburrough on his birth record on familysearch.org and on Scotland's Peop...

Re: Malcolm/Malcom in Kirkcudbright 1838-1848 Posted on: 20 Nov 2013, by  Shirley10

I have now found the birth of William Malcolm on 11 June 1806 in Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire. His father was Peter Mccolm, and his mother was Jean Roxburrough. She is shown on the 1841 census for Kirkcudbright a...

John Burgess and Margaret Watson - Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland 1807-1877 Posted on: 28 Nov 2013, by  k23burgess

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

...trying to locate John Burgess and Margaret Watson Burgess who lived in Kirkpatrick Durham and Kirkgunzeon Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland between 1807-1877. There children were Margaret, George, Mary, James, Elizabeth, Rob...

Re: John Burgess and Margaret Watson - Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland 1807-1877 Posted on: 28 Nov 2013, by  Brae125

I'm not sure what you have already. Are you looking for census records or bmd records?

Re: John Burgess and Margaret Watson - Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland 1807-1877 Posted on: 29 Nov 2013, by  k23burgess

I have census records back to 1841. I do not have any records before that. I have heard that Johns father was George Burgess but I have no confirmation of that. So basically my Burgess family has stop...

Re: John Burgess and Margaret Watson - Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland 1807-1877 Posted on: 30 Nov 2013, by  Brae125

Could it be the John, christened 1806, Dumfries-shire, father George? I have sent you a private message with other information with a George marrying and where I found the information. I can't say if ...

Re: Rae, Aitken Posted on: 06 Dec 2013, by  familysmith1

Are you still researching Alexander Rae born 1797, Kirkcudbrightshire and Isabella Aitken born April 1805 in Dumfrieshire? I have some information on them after they arrived in Canada, if you are interested.

McLellans of Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland Posted on: 23 Dec 2013, by  kathybreuer1

Surnames > McLellan

I need help with my husbands family of Mclellans. The son of Thomas McLellan....James McLellan came to the United States in the late 1800 's please contact me if you may be able to help....will share...

Re: GIBSON-Dumfries/Scotland Posted on: 31 Dec 2013, by  ianwcaldwell

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

...- 13/4/1874) they married on 25th June 1835 and they lived at Haugh of Urr, near Castle Douglas, in Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. Catherine was the daughter of Peter McGaw and Jane Henry. They had the following childr...

Re: McROBERT from Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire SCT Posted on: 09 Jan 2014, by  willjmacrober...

Surnames > McRoberts

I believe my ancestors came from south west Scotland to Ireland. Could i please have your e mail address. Will MacRoberts

James Milligan - Master - Lost at Sea Posted on: 12 Jan 2014, by  hobson_uk

Surnames > Milligan

Does anyone know about James Milligan b 1853 Buittle, Kirkcudbrightshire? He was a ship's Master and said to be lost overboard some time after 1878. Nothing known about him after 1878, so any information would be ver...

Clark Posted on: 19 Jan 2014, by  famhistorian6...

My g-g-grandfather, Captain James Clark, Sr., was a merchant marine born 1813 in Rerrick Parish, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. I am trying to find records on his whereabouts between 1861 and 1868, that might place him ...

Re: McROBERT from Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire SCT Posted on: 24 Jan 2014, by  willjmacrober...

Surnames > McRoberts

I would like to make contact re McRobert's Dumfriesshire willmacroberts@live.co.uk

Re: Looking for info on John McGoun Posted on: 14 Feb 2014, by  henryduncan56

...wife Margaret McFadden. Below is a monumental inscription from a headstone at Old Girthon church yard,Kirkcudbrightshire . By Margaret McGowan. In memory of John McGowan her father who died at Dalmalin 1735 aged 60. Al...

Re: John C Crockett of Kirkcudbright, Scotland Posted on: 15 Feb 2014, by  BarbaraCampbe...

Surnames > Crockett

I have John Marshall history as well. This is the Cemetery they are buried in. there are some headstones. I think the actual site has more. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~d...

Re: Rigg Irving Sloane Delbeattie Scotland Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  henryduncan56

...Rigg recorded in the 1851 census of Scotland. They are recorded as living in the town of Dalbeattie in Kirkcudbrightshire. The father John Rigg is aged 50 yrs & occupation is a wheelwright. His wife Janet also age...

Re: Issac Jolly Posted on: 06 Mar 2014, by  Elaine Gray

Surnames > Jolly

...this info... i have traced my tree on my fathers side back to Jolly. i have a James Jolly born 1838 Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland, his parents were James Jolly and Mary Ceaser. Regards Elaine Gray

Re: JAMES LAIRD b. Scotland Posted on: 18 Mar 2014, by  PatriciaSIBBA...

Surnames > Laird

...of Biscay age 16yrs; 3. Sarah Laird THOMSON b 5 Dec 1851 Linlithgow, Sct, died 8 Apr 1835 Kippford, Kirkcudbrightshire, Sct 4. Ann (Annie) Ramsay THOMSON b 19 July 1854 Linlithgow, Sct died 18 Feb 1949 Adelaide, ...

Re: maragret suraman strong of kirkendboroshire 1862???? Posted on: 21 Mar 2014, by  henryduncan56

...married 29 years & have had 7 children. Margaret,s place of birth is shown as Gatehouse of Fleet, Kirkcudbrightshire. This is a small town located in the south west of Scotland. The area of Kirkcudbrightshire is now reffered to as ...

James Greer/Grier/Grierson - 1674 MD-possible Galloway Covenanter??? Posted on: 31 Mar 2014, by  S_Hodgeman

Surnames > Greer

I may be repeating research (forgive me if I am) that has already been completed - but thought I would share what I have found that may have a possible connection to our ancestor James Greer - immg. 1...

John Ewart 1888-abt 1971 Posted on: 09 Apr 2014, by  debralwright1

Surnames > Ewart

...possibly at Belfast. The parents of John Ewart were another John Ewart possibly born abt 1864 at Newaltoy, Kirkcudbrightshire & Mary Jane Little possibly born abt 1856 Kirkmichael. John may have had a brother David...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions