Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 805 Messages

per page

Re: Kotke/Katke Posted on: 26 Jan 2014, by  hymellaw

Surnames > Katke

...I can connect information and make sense. I am a Kathka, and it is a name changed from Katke, from Prussia. I have hit a brick wall trying to find anything out about this family past only a generation or s...

Re: Rozean..Rotzien.. Posted on: 26 Jan 2014, by  Mason Rozean

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > La Porte

Hey, my family name was Rotzein. My family originated in Prussia. Somehow, the name got changed to Rozean. Does anyone know how that happened?

Re: REINART and REINERT families of Caledonia area Posted on: 26 Jan 2014, by  ashley_2898

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Houston

...I was told by my father, Paul Reinart, that we emigrated to Caledonia area in 1854 from Black Forest Prussia. Any info you have would be great! Looking to know more about my origins and family history. Thank...

Re: Sedlitz, Russia? or Poland? Posted on: 26 Jan 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Asia > Russia > General

...their homeland as you can see it on the US census. A short of history of present Poland: it was ruled by Prussia, Russia and Austria.

Re: HAMMERSCHMIDT/HAMMERSCHMITT Posted on: 27 Jan 2014, by  karenemmaboro...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

Hi I am very much interested in the Hammerschmidt surname. Can anyone help me? My main name I have is a Karolina Lachera/Lahera maiden name Hammerschmidt. She apparently had two daughters which I am...

Re: Funt Family - Stark Cty Ohio Posted on: 27 Jan 2014, by  candtbus

Surnames > Funt

...Illinois State Veterinarian. I still have hope of finding more about Philip's origins. The "Prussia/Germany" thing makes it so difficult. Tammy

Count Dr. Johann Henckel von Donnersmarck Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  hmeems

Surnames > Henckel von Donnersmarck

...from back in the 1400's. I have tracked him back in my tree to a birth date of 1437 in an area called Prussia at the time. From what I can find on line, this family was descendants of Louis XIII and were m...

Re: MIETZEL family of Kreis Preußisch Holland, East Prussia Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  Dave Janetzki

Surnames > Mietzel

Hi Peter, Otto Mietzel is my G Grandfather. David

Re: GOTTWALD grave found in Pittsburgh PA Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  H. Edith Balz...

Surnames > Gottwald

Pls excuse my poor English. I guess Robert Gottwald, born 12-25-1851 in Silesia/Prussia, is one brother of my great-grandfather Paul Rueffer. According to our family legend he had immigrated to the US, but t...

Re: John Henry Rabe and Genealogical & Biographical Record of Kendall & Will Counties, Illinois. Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  thomasker2

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Kendall

...Cleveland Ward 11, Cuyahoga, Ohio Race: White Gender: Male Post Office: Cleveland William Rabe 40, Prussia - RR worker Clara Rabe 36, Prussia John Rabe 13, OH Edward Rabe, OH July 1869 - twin August Rabe, OH...

Salchow-Garnow Families Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  jos0629

Surnames > Garnow

Caolina Garnow Salchow was my great-grandmother married to Carl Salchow from Priemin Prussia. In the ship's records, it shows a young Garnow man traveled with them. Perhaps it was Caroline's brother or nep...

Salchow-Rueger Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  jos0629

Surnames > Salchow

...grandparents and they were not of Christian's family! Carl's father was Johannes who never left Primen, Prussia.

Re: Louis Behrens Milwaukee (1859) and Charles Berens/Behrens/Berns of WV and Barbara Schultheis Posted on: 28 Jan 2014, by  burnsmelinda1...

Surnames > Behrens

Looking for the parents of Charles Berens [Behrens; Berns; Burns], born March 1817 or 1823 in Prussia and died August 1885 in Marion Co., WV. He married Barbara Schultheis [Schultice; Schulteis, etc.] in J...

41. Robert Elbridge Aspley and descendants. Research Notes Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  samuelaspley

Surnames > Aspley

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 1930 Census Robert E Aspley Birth Year:abt 1883 Birthplace:Kentucky Race:White Home in 1930:Bowling Green, Warren, Kentucky ...

Descendant of Leopold Von Daun, Austrian Field General Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  rpfros15

Surnames > Daun

... I have followed the Daun family tree back as far as Joannes Daun d. 3 September 1822 from Neurath, Prussia (Germany) and I have followed the descendants of Leopold forward and was not able to make a connect...

Get unstuck with this info Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  rpfros15

Surnames > Daun

...of Christoph and Catharine (Thomes) Daun. Answer: Joannes and Elizabeth (Hamelius) Daun of Neurath, Prussia (Germany) The records come from Salt Lake City LDS, which another member of the Daun family tree ...

Re: Stuck! Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  rpfros15

Surnames > Daun

...of Christoph and Catharine (Thomes) Daun. Answer: Joannes and Elizabeth (Hamelius) Daun of Neurath, Prussia (Germany) The records come from Salt Lake City LDS, which another member of the Daun family tree o...

Re: Joseph and Mary Pagel Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  PAGEL74

Surnames > Pagel

...that Leanord Pagel which would be the great grandson to frederick. says he has John, and Caroline of Prussia then moving to Michigan.as Frederick, and Georges parents. I am the grandson of Earl Pagel, his fa...

Re: Voth/Foth in Antanofka or Karlswalde, Ostrog,Polish Russia Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  Cory Voth

Surnames > Foth

...over with his family. They spoke Mennonite Low German, a variation of Low German originated in East Prussia, also called plattdietsch. Generations before Cornelius Voth may have come from East Prussia, before settl...

Re: Geschke family from Koszlin, Pommern/Prussia Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  ABCRAIG

Surnames > Geschke

Have received an invite to a Kley family who have done research on their Kley famly line. Hope this will be a break through for George. Should know more when we get back. Beth

Help traced back from Cornelius Voth and Helena Jantz-Unruh, bitte Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  Cory Voth

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Blackford

...to the United States, spoke Mennonite Low German, a dialect of Low German originally spoken in East Prussia. So, it's safe to assume they were in East Prussia before going to Volhynia, Ukraine at the time was falli...

Photo of Identified Polish Brother and Sister Posted on: 30 Jan 2014, by  saradeux

Topics > Photographs > Vintage Photograph Identification

...small Polish town, Chełmsko Śląskie, near the border with the Czech Republic (it was part of German Prussia at the time though). I think that Robert is about 20 years old in this photo but I am not 100% sure...

Re: HACKBARTH Posted on: 30 Jan 2014, by  KennethHackba...

I am a Hackbart from the North Iowa area and have accumulated information on the Bublitz family from the Worth and Mitchell county areas. Would gladly trade info. Thank You Ken Hackbart.

Re: Location of Schleussow, Preussen in 1832 Posted on: 30 Jan 2014, by  dgrader48722

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...married Dorthe Cuch. Their children as far as I know: Friedrich Wilhelm b. 1 Aug 1832 Schleussow, Prussia; Charles F. b.27 Feb 1835; Edward A. b.27 Feb 1842 ( This is my great grandfather). There may po...

Re: LUHN Posted on: 30 Jan 2014, by  charliesnina

Can you tell me the birth year of Fanny Luhn? I ran across your message while searching for Elizabeth Rademaker. Have you found your information on Fanny yet. I may be able to help.

Re: Iowa, Anna K Jenter Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  falsterden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Unknown

...Territory Jacob Jenter 39 born about 1841 Wurtemburg, parents born Wurtemburg Augusta Jenter 26 born Prussia Anna Jenter 7 born about 1873 Iowa <------------------------------------------------ Charley Je...

Re: Peter MEYER emigrated from Kalenborn, Germany, settled in WI Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  pfturner1

Surnames > Meyer

Looking for date of birth and death for Anna Marie Meyer, born Abt. 1832 in Prussia, died in abt. May 1852 in Wisconsin. She was a sister to Peter Meyer. She was the 2nd of 3 wifes of Theodore Schweitzer, bo...

Re: Guetzloe family in WA, ID and OR Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  barbdale_1

Surnames > Guetzloe

...Number: 004300444 Image Number: 00461 Household Gender Age Birthplace Gisbert Gitslow M 37 Prussia Mary Gitslow F 24 Prussia Edda Gitslow F 4 Wisconsin Antonia Gitslow M 3 Wisconsin Gustava...

Re: Dornbusch clan of Perry Township, Monroe County, Ohio Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  SusanSnell23

Surnames > Dornbusch

...deceased. They were born and died in Germany. Mr. Dornbusch was born in the city of Greidenstein, Prussia, Dec. 28, 1808, settled in Monroe county, in 1840. His wife is Margaret Snyder, Barbara Snyder, wh...

Re: Theuerjahr,(Tyeryar) Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  bohunkbill1

You mention the surname MEGLEN without context and I couldn't find further info on the thread.I have considerable info on at least three lines emigrated or migrated to mining areas in CA, CO, MN, MT t...

Re: Buse/Buce/Affet Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  Mia Buse

Surnames > Buce

...- 1970 His father was Frank Buse' who was born in MI after his father, Christian Buse, arrived from Prussia, Germany.

Re: Ihász [Ehasz] from Vaszar, Veszprem Posted on: 31 Jan 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Ihasz

...Austria how can we find it. It is not correct. Why do you suspect present Poland? Poland was ruled by Prussia, Russia and Austria. Austria being historical Galicia - Malopolskie and Podkarpackie wojewodzt...

information on surnames Szczkowska and Kuraszkiewicz Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  karenlgronewo...

...with her family in 1887. I am also looking for information on Martin Kuraszkiewicz born around 1843 in Prussia. Any information on either of these family members or some ideas of how to find their relatives ...

Ludwig Judas Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  auntytree46

Surnames > Judas

...Saale-Holzland-Kreis, Thueringen, Germany 8 Aug 1819, IS INCORRECT. Ludwig Judas WAS born in Obornik, Posen, Prussia/Preussen on 8 Aug 1819. You have Ludwig Judas as born in a complete separate area of ...

Re: 2007 obit from Wayne PA for Margaret Prevost Beach Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  mabarrow

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Delaware

...items just by googling their names. Dr. Douglas Beach Pennsylvania Onclgy Hem Assocs 250 King of Prussia Rd Ste 1B Radnor, PA 19087 (610) 902-5950

Re: Looking for information on Albert Zylka and Constanta Stanczyk Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  Angela Ellis

Surnames > Zylka

...Zylka and her mother and father where Joseph and Anna Zylka. Albert I belive was my great grandpa, from Prussia? I hope to hear something from you. I see its been awhile. Good luck

Re: Question on the Surname Zylka Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  Angela Ellis

Surnames > Zylka

That must be my great grandfather, Are you in Duluth? My mother Donna Church her father Joseph Zylka and family originally from Prussia.

My wife's family... Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  George F Keil...

Surnames > Murdock

Looking for anyone related to Ernestina F. Powell Richmond Welch, Born 1847 in Prussia and died 1937 in Oakland, CA; Also looking for anyone related to Ann Slowey Boswell Reith born 1835 in Ireland or Scotla...

Re: John Henry Rabe and Genealogical & Biographical Record of Kendall & Will Counties, Illinois. Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  annesears

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Kendall

...my own Kendall County database, I have Clara Wiecke Rabe, and the only piece of data is "born in Prussia" and the source is History of Kendall and Will Counties. I do have, from the same source, t...

Re: Mrs. Richard Kasube of Harvey ,Illinois Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Cook

Emily Kasube born in 1859 in Neudorf Prussia was my gr.gr. grandma, she had a brother named Frederick Richard who I believe is this Richard. parents Ludwig Kasube and Juliane Sommer, She had a grandson nam...

Re: Mrs. Richard Kasube of Harvey ,Illinois Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Cook

my gr x 2 grandma Emily H. Kasube born 1859 in Neudorf Prussia, parents Ludwig Kasube and Juliane Sommer. She had a brother named FredericK Richard Kasube. She had a grandson named Richard. She came to WI to...

Re: Wozniak - Woznack Family Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  jaurbanski1

Surnames > Wozniak

...emigrated to the US around 1884 with 3 siblings (including Joseph, Vincent, and Rosa) from Wylatowo Prussia, Poland. These four siblings started families in Schenectady NY. I think Joseph's wife's name was F...

Re: ROSENBERG, Siegfried of Rosenberg, Germany Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  Susan Novak B...

I too am researching Rosenbergs however they were from Newerk, New Jersey. There were many of them however ; I am not sure where they all went. They would be my Mother's side of the family. Her f...

Re: Wm Gray Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

...parents of William Henry Gray b. 1835 in New York. Married Charlotte Reiman (Reilmann, Reimann) b. 1847 in Prussia/Germany in 1869 or 1870. Lived in No. Carolina had first child Henry Albert Gray b.1870 ther...

Sperber from Prussia to Missouri Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  Jan Marrs

Surnames > Sperber

Looking for information on John Sperber, born about 1803 in Prussia. By 1850 he was in Moniteau County, Missouri - married to Catherine and with two children, Gottleib and Louisa. Louisa married John Wolf...

Re: Brand/Brands/Brandt from Westfalen, Prussia Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  fdennis701

Surnames > Brand

My GGGrandfather was Peter H Brand and GGGrandmother was Anna Maria Hotmann. They immigrated from Hallie in the 1840's and settled in Missouri. My Grandmother was Bertha Beatrice Brand daughter of Al...

Re: Amelia Usinger Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  jennifer reic...

Surnames > Usinger

...the records Amelia Usinger was my great aunt. I found records of when the family immigrated to NY from Prussia. I could share my tree if you are interested. That side of my family seems to have always been...

Re: John C. MARTINE Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  MrsGorrow

Surnames > Martine

And here is a biography of JOHN C MORTINE / MARTINE b Nov 30, 1830 Strasbourg France From "Portrait and Biographical Album of Otoe and Cass Counties, Nebraska", Volume I, 1889: Capt. John ...

Re: Rudolph Charles Gust Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  knipsjd

Surnames > Gust

...finally found the ship manifest for Johann Just on Ancestry. It said the family came from Dorphagen, Prussia in April 1868, and arrived in Quebec. He was a "zieglar", which is a tiler, or stone m...

Sajewitz, Osteroda and Gorlitz Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Surnames > Sajewitz

...originally Sajewitz with spellings of Sayewitz or Saiewicz. My Sajewitz family was Lutheran and was from Ost Prussia. Carl Wilhelm Sajewitz was baptised in 1846 in Gross Schmuckwalde and married Wilhelminia ...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions