Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 548 Messages

per page

Jäger living in Grünheide (now Stare Uściany) and Tannenheim (now Wielki Las) - 1917 to 1940 Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  David Greenin...

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Hello, Please forgive me for this post, and know it is to do more with East Prussia, but given the towns that we have found are now a part of Poland, we thought that this would be the best place to post to ...

August Papke, b 1847, to USA in 1861. Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  seekerJay

Surnames > Papke

"August Papke, a native of Prussia, was born in 1847. In 1861 he immigrated to Green Lake county, Wisconsin; came to Olmstead county, Minnesota, in 1870, and remained about eight years, then preceded to...

Re: SCHOLZ -- SILESIA/PRUSSIA TO WISCONSIN & MISSOURI Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  SKupsky

Surnames > Scholz

...hard to tell the o and e apart in the document. It shows the family as being from Leuthen, Silesia, Prussia, Germany and emigrating to the USA in 1851. First read this as Louthen. A couple of years ago I d...

Re: taylor cementery aka golden ridge Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  patcher1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...wife Augusta. In the 1880 census, Taylor, MI. Lewis is living in household of Tena Dobbert, born in Prussia - (Could be Lena), with her other sons, William and Robert Dobbert. Lewis J. Dobbert' obituary ...

German Translation Assistance Request Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  hlind7

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...the marriage record of Joseph Stenger and Amanda Sigwart on 10 Sep 1826 in Westfalen, Blankenstein, Prussia, Germany. And I am including the first and second page, and the last page was written vertically i...

Re: re: Marx Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  jennifer_gray...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

The John Marx you are referring to, from Prussia, is my 3rd great grandfather. They had 3 children while living in Wisconsin. After they moved to Cloud Co, KS they had more children, including my GG grandf...

Re: Meier and variations in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  kathrynstewar...

Surnames > Meier

...indicate which part of Europe or Germany was their origin? My gg, C F Meier b. 1866 or 1863, came from Prussia or Germany to the US/Illinois. In the US, he was known as Charles (Carl ?) Frank Meier. Unfor...

Re: Meier / Meyer: Bramberg to Minnesota Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  kathrynstewar...

Surnames > Meier

...Amelia are buried in Henry Cnty IL. Amelia was born in Neparmiz, Pommern. Don't know where in Germany (Prussia?) Charles (Carl in German) F Meier was born. I believe he immigrated in 1881 but could be wro...

Re: Origin of Teeters name Posted on: 07 Mar 2015, by  SwampViking

Surnames > Teeters

...origins. Some German (DNA and the Dietrich/ter surnames, allegedly originated in Germany or old Pomerania/Prussia). One story though unverified claimed one branch which I'm supposed to be from (see Elisha Wh...

Buffalo, Erie County - Ward 4 1850 to 1860 Posted on: 08 Mar 2015, by  jaydon2

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Erie

...1855 - 8,000, 1860 - 7,256 I'm trying to determine why my gg grandfather Joseph BLASCHKE, b abt. 1816 Prussia, occupation: butcher, immigrated to Canada at some point after the time of the 1850 US census wa...

Re: The origin of the Esterhuyse surename.(Any info welcome) Posted on: 08 Mar 2015, by  Lisa Narramor...

Surnames > Esterhuyse

My great-grandmother was an Esterhuyse and she was born in Poland (then Prussia). Her family fled to South Africa when she was a baby, to escape the war. I am also looking for more information. I know her pa...

Lehmbecker, Lembecker, Bollow, Bolloh Posted on: 09 Mar 2015, by  LeeBuescher

Surnames > Lehmbecker

...dod 5 June 1867 (burned in a fire) They had 2 children Fred Lehmbecker dob 17 Jan 1853 Mecklenberg, Prussia, dod 25 Jan 1909 Augusta, Carver Co MN *Maria Lehmbecker dob 28 Feb 1849 Mecklenberg, Pussia, dod 1...

Re: Reichstein from district of Liegnitz, Silesia, Prussia Posted on: 09 Mar 2015, by  cstoker10

Surnames > Reichstein

hi my name is christine stoker and i am a decendant of the reichstein family. My great grandmother was Dora Lavena reichstein and she married Richard Leslie jasper. I am trying to find out if we have...

Re: Relatives Posted on: 09 Mar 2015, by  kristinewilli...

...were Albert and Bertha. I know Albert's father was named Charles. I believe they were from Posen, Prussia. My great-grandfather, Fred Tryan, married Clara St. Antoine and they settled in Escanaba, MI. Th...

Re: Meuer/Myer Posted on: 09 Mar 2015, by  Christin Jack...

Hi Ms. Betty, My great great great grandfather was named Casper Meuer. He was born in 1825 and immigrated to the USA to Pennsylvania and changed the family name to Myer. I was told that his son's nam...

Re: Schaeffer Lang St Louis Hermann MO Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  Paula Sain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > St > Louis (Independent City)

...495,713 1860 Roark township, Gasconade, MO Gustav A Schaeffer 1829 Wirtemburg Anna M Schaeffer 1835 Prussia Gustav A Schaeffer 1853 MO Charles H Schaeffer 1855 MO August L Schaeffer 1857 MO 1870 St Louis w...

Re: SCHOLZ -- SILESIA/PRUSSIA TO WISCONSIN & MISSOURI Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  Cindy Scholz ...

Surnames > Scholz

...but I cannot access it until June as I am living abroad now. I do remember many ancestors coming from Prussia though. Perhaps we can connect at a later time.

Re: Relatives Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  halpark

Posen nowadays (since 1945) is Poznan, Poland.

Re: frederick garbe Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  Thomas Pöhlma...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

There was no "German army" upto 1871, but armies of the different states in Germany (e.g., Prussia, Bavaria, Wuerttemberg, Saxony etc. etc.). In the case of Prussia I fear that most of the files in the ar...

Re: frederick garbe Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  judyharkness6...

thank you for the info. I believe he was in Prussia.

Re: Ancestors of Michael Modrzynski Milwaukee, WI & W. Prussia Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  giershl

Surnames > Modrzynski

...on the marriage roster for Catherine. What do you still need? I didn't know about a wife Catherine in Prussia. Michelina is listed on the marriage document as Bogolavska. I have where he is buried in Milwauk...

Re: Looking for information on Charles or Carl Schultz of Prussia and IL Posted on: 10 Mar 2015, by  Ginsanna

Surnames > Schultz

Cheryl, your John and Marie were the parents of my Carl/Charles. He already was married to his first wife Johanna Schroeder and had a son Carl/Charles when they came to the US with John and Marie and...

Endres and Becker Lines Posted on: 11 Mar 2015, by  sfarrington17...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Madison

...children. She was hit by a train and instantly killed while walking home. She was born in the Kingdom of Prussia 24 April 1845, married to August Thiergart 10 Oct 1869, and died 1 Oct 1887. She is buried i...

Re: Looking for information on Charles or Carl Schultz of Prussia and IL Posted on: 11 Mar 2015, by  cfrucht52

Surnames > Schultz

Thank you Ginsanna. I am having a problem finding my Great grandmother coming over with anyone. I have her arriving in 1866. However, I cannot find any record of it. Her name was Anna Sophe Schultz. O...

Re: Relatives/ Oehlke Posted on: 11 Mar 2015, by  laura_cella

I am not a blood relative to any Oehlkes/Elkes, but I have been looking for some of my great aunt's Elke/Oehlke family. My great uncle, Henry Pautzke, married Stella Elke, born Aug 29, 1903 , daughter...

Re: Petzoldt Posted on: 12 Mar 2015, by  KathleenLouis...

Localities > North America > Canada > General

...Friedricka Children: Paul, Erich, Hannah, Sadie, Alfred, Minnie Arrival Year: 1896 vessel"Prussia" from Hamburg to New York Court Type: Circuit Court Court Location: Eastern District, Penns...

Re: Petzoldt Posted on: 12 Mar 2015, by  MaureenEdna

Localities > North America > Canada > General

...census German Hospital Dalston Lane Hackney London Middlesex Anna Petzholdt Widow Age 57 b.Germany (Prussia) Night Nurse ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Re: Antoine Cybulski born aprox-1847 Prussia To Hagarty tswp,Ontario,Canada Posted on: 12 Mar 2015, by  JOYCE DONOVAN

I believe Antoine was the brother of Christian (Krystian) Cybulski. They had another brother. Antoine and the other brother emigrated to what is now Renfrew/Wilno Ontario in the 1860s. (During the ...

Catherine Gorman Posted on: 13 Mar 2015, by  1LINCEY

Surnames > Gorman

...great-grandfather (2X). I am descendant from his son Nicholas. I am searching for their relatives who came from Prussia which is now Germany. Do you have any infomation about Andrew's parents. I am also ...

Family of Ferdinand Adam Posted on: 13 Mar 2015, by  jebarkley

Surnames > Adam

I am trying to find out where in Prussia my G-Grandfather and Grandfather were born. My G-Grandfather was Ferdinand Adam, b. 21 April 1964. My grandfather was Bernhard Adam, b. 29 December 1890. They immi...

Re: Find Info on Relative Who Likely Changed Name Posted on: 13 Mar 2015, by  hhcarden1

I'm having the same problem. Funny, my great grandfather's name was Louis too. He was from Prussia and our last name is Harris ( doesn't sound Prussian to me!). We were always told that my great grandmother'...

Re: Looking for information on Charles or Carl Schultz of Prussia and IL Posted on: 13 Mar 2015, by  Ginsanna

Surnames > Schultz

...http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=FSIllinoisDeath&h=553733&indiv=try&gss=pt&ssrc=gr_t11013146_p24657900140_ktidz0q3d11013146z0q26pidz0q3d24657900140z0q26pgz0q3d32782z0q26pg...

Re: Karl Schumer b:1804 in Germany/Prussia and son Jorgen Karlson Schumer b: 1845 in Norway Posted on: 14 Mar 2015, by  thoraway

Surnames > Schumer

Hans Schomer appears in the 1920, 1930 and 1940 US censuses with his wife and one son. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MJ5J-G1B https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X4N1-ZVH https://familys...

Re: DAHMS/KINDTEZ TO USA FROM GERMANY Posted on: 14 Mar 2015, by  diane_land

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...Edward/Eduard) and their families immigrating from Germany in 1891. They are listed as being from West Prussia ( so Poland). Here is that record ( I don't have any Bridgeport , Ct connection to this family) ...

Re: Lohry, Lohrey and Lohri in Wisconsin Posted on: 14 Mar 2015, by  GaryRRebholz

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Milwaukee

...Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties are basically all the same family with origin in kallies Kreis Dramburg in prussia. ..." In case it's helpful to your research, there are Lohry, Lohrey and Lohri entries...

Re: Ullrich Stutz b. 1688 ? Prussia Posted on: 15 Mar 2015, by  StuttsStone

My Stutts family is from PA. I understand that Ulrich's ship wrecked in PA and that someone in the family married in PA and stayed there(?) before everyone else went on to NC. Does anyone kow of this...

West Prussia - Grudziadz Help Posted on: 15 Mar 2015, by  fcbum

My genealogy search has correctly or incorrectly led me to West Prussia. I am seeking information on my family who may possibly have immigrated from this area. The closest I can come to vilages and towns is ...

Re: William Weller Posted on: 15 Mar 2015, by  SherriSchlech...

Surnames > Weller

...Josephine, and August on the paper and no William. I found William Weller when I asked someone on the Germany/Prussia facebook I'm on and this one guy that has been a real help to me had found William Weller...

Re: Taube - Prussia to Illinois. Posted on: 15 Mar 2015, by  Anightia

Surnames > Taube

Hello TaubeArn, I am related to Edward A. Nightingale and Anna Taube (great great grandparents) and I would be very interested in the family history and pictures that you mentioned in this email str...

Looking for decendents of Frederick W. Mergenthaler and Nannette Sauer Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  Kellygalemorr...

Surnames > Mergenthaler

I know they came from Wurtenberg Germany and arrived in Pennsylvania. Appear to be buried in the King of Prussia Greenwood Cemetery in Pennsylvania.

Amand or Amandi Rasch born 1807 Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  JudithBeattie

Surnames > Rasch

Amand or Amandi Rasch was born in 1807 in Frankenstein. I believe I am descended through one of his children who was born in 1835 in Germany or Prussia.

My Steinhorst Line - Prussia to Michigan Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  sallyjankowsk...

Surnames > Steinhorst

...my husband's STEINHORST line. Gustav STEINHORST, born June 25, 1850, in (I believe) Bytow, Pommern, Prussia; he emigrated to the US in 1872. He was in Port Hope, Huron, Michigan, USA when he married France...

Jantz/Janz - Germany/Prussia to Michigan Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  sallyjankowsk...

Surnames > Janz

...JANTZ, born December 27 1840 in "Germany" (although it could very well be the Pommern area of Prussia). She may have had a daughter, Bertha, born around 1867 in Germany - not sure if she had been ...

johann Heinrich Heidemann/john Heideman* Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  Richard Heide...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Outagamie

...Wisconsin (outagamie county)late 1800's but cant find date. Wife was Anna G Heidemann (Benning) also from Prussia, died in Outagamie, 1897 . Child John Henry Heideman* born 1839. May be other children

johann Heinrich Heidemann/john Heideman* Posted on: 16 Mar 2015, by  Richard Heide...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Outagamie

...Wisconsin (outagamie county)late 1800's but cant find date. Wife was Anna G Heidemann (Benning) also from Prussia, died in Outagamie, 1897 . Child John Henry Heideman* born 1839. May be other children

Schoffen/ Thomas, Andrew and John Posted on: 17 Mar 2015, by  1LINCEY

Surnames > Gorman

...him or a wedding picture of Andrew & his Margaret Daniels.. I am trying to find their heritage in Prussia. I do know that their father name was Thomas Schoffen but I have no dates, name of wife or par...

Re: Hello Posted on: 18 Mar 2015, by  jackie_younge...

Surnames > Youngers

...farthest back I can trace the Youngers is to Peter Jungers 1821, Belgium, married to Barbara Heckle 1821, Prussia.

Youngers (Jungers) Posted on: 18 Mar 2015, by  jackie_younge...

Surnames > Youngers

...mother died. The farthest back I can go is Peter Jungers 1821, Belgium, married to Barbara Herkle 1821, Prussia.

Re: Parish Index Posted on: 18 Mar 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...documentation that she lived in or around Pozan/Posen Poland/Germany. How you that she lived in or around Posen, Prussia/Germany when the arrival manifest has Russia? Zlatica

Searching for info of Michael MORITZ, b. circa 1826 in Germany Posted on: 18 Mar 2015, by  Gavrivna

Surnames > Moritz

...of his birth or family in Germany. Census records didn't quite match each other, citing Baden/Bavaria/Prussia as places of birth. Any help would be much appreciated.

per page