Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 785 Messages

per page

Albert(1833) son of Stephen Rekowski,Madeline Lamanski,niezywiec west prussia Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  JudithLian

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

...from his name and sailed to america. I was told he was a widower who had 2 sons that stayed in West Prussia. I would like to find information on my ggg grandparents Stephen Rekowski and madeline lamanski and...

Re: Place name-Minnigium?? Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  JerryFrank59

Localities > Asia > Russia > General

...variant for your Minnigium or Winnigium. I wonder if the family migrated from the Black Sea region to Prussia and lived for a few years at the location you found with the Kartenmeister search, then migratin...

Kowalewski from Germany born in Kaliningrad, Russia (Königsberg Ostpreußen) Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  senafp

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

I am looking for some information on my maternal grandmother, Auguste Kowalewski, born 1907 and died in 1947 before her 40th birthday. I know of one sister, Lena whose married name is Müller (Mue...

Re: REINKE, Abrams, Abraham in Oxhoft & Neustadt Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  DonnaFuller

...I think that most of the Reinke family has to be related. Do you have much about the family in West Prussia? Other names associated with that area and Lassin and Kohnke.

Re: Searching for some relatives in the States Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  BridgetButter...

Surnames > Grams

...descendants. I have no information on his family at all currently, just that they were Germans who had moved to Prussia.

Re: REINKE, Abrams, Abraham in Oxhoft & Neustadt Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  Joann Relph M...

...Abraham, Kunna as they all lived in the same community once they came to USA. There are many Reinkes (from Prussia) who immigrated to Milwaukee and I have always wondered if there wasn't a connection there ...

Re: Schraga Family - Silver Plume circa 1885 - 1901 Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  cschraga1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Clear Creek

William Schraga was the head of family and his wife was Marie. They were married in East Prussia and seemed to have stopped off briefly in Indiana and gone quickly to Silver Plume. My great grandfather was h...

Re: MARQUARDTS OF INDIANA Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  Mary A. Quinn

Surnames > Marquardt

...name was Agnes Burgwedal. Their father was Julius Marquardt and Caroline Weiss Marquardt of Samotchein Prussia. Julius was in Michigan City and died there on the job. Worked for train company.My ggfather Gus...

Re: Porter County, Indiana Marquardt family Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  Mary A. Quinn

Surnames > Marquardt

...of Julius. There has to be a connection! I was researching film from Chodziets and Rogassen towns in Prussia near Samotchein. Rogassen was the birth place of my Julius I think. They may be older brothers of...

Re: Mt. St Joseph's Cemetery Buffalo, poor house cemetery? Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  brendon141

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Erie

This does not give you the grave you are searching for. Sorry. :( Hopefully there might be something new here for you. (Some of the items below are listed to help me search ) Probate/Wills for Klein...

Mystery to be solved - Who is William Henry Gray's Father (VT) and Mother (NY). Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

...parents of William Henry Gray b. 1835 in New York. Married Charlotte Reiman (Reilmann, Reimann) b. 1847 in Prussia/Germany in 1869 or 1870. Lived in No. Carolina had first child Henry Albert Gray b.1870 ther...

Re: RUTHENBERG Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  kyliefamilytr...

I currently searching for information on this family. I am trying to find out if Johann had any brothers who came out as there are a few ruthenberg families all living in the same area with the same n...

Re: Place name-Minnigium?? Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  MarinaPlijewa

Localities > Asia > Russia > General

If all documents that you have list the family being from Rastadt and Muchen, than your ancestors were from Russia, not Prussia. Ans Minnigium can be Mannheim. Marina

Re: Sawinski ancestors Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  natakrawiec

Hi! I live in Scotland but I come from Uherce.I just started to use Ancestry and Ive read your post.I spoke to my mum about Stanley cause she mentioned him long time ago.She will go to see Stanley liv...

Re: Preussisch Friedland, West Prussia Parish/Military Records Posted on: 23 Feb 2014, by  mindya536

I found Anna and her siblings in the birth records for Debrzno (Preussich Friedland) from the CD's. Hope this helps. Mindy Father: Michael Radtke (spelled: Ratkie, Radke, Ratke), Occupation: Fis...

Re: WEDEWART kin Posted on: 24 Feb 2014, by  ka0abk

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Ozaukee

...Waverly, Iowa. I have pictures of their grave at St Pauls Cemetery. I have the Wedeward's back to 1742 in Prussia. Maybe you can help we and I can help you. I see one of your responses was from Kathie. She i...

Re: Klimek, Korzen Posted on: 24 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...place of birth. Anyone in the family or in any US records ever mentioned Austria.Galicia, Russia or Prussia? To throw in some more into your KLIMEK pot, the surname is found in Czech Republic mostly in Mo...

Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 24 Feb 2014, by  nlukens_1

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...settled in Mount Carmel, Northumberland County, PA. His naturalization record shows that he was from Prussia and that his birthplace was Grand Lovak (the town name was written in English, probably phonetical...

Re: Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 24 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Noel What is the spelling of the location on the ancestor's arrival manifest? The ancestor's place of birth is "there" just not with the spelling you have it on his US record. http://igre...

Re: KOPECKI Posted on: 25 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Kopeczy

...Austria would be Malopolskie and Podkarpackie wojewodzto, Poland. The Northern part of Poland was under Prussia and Russia rule. Your ancestors were born in Russia.Poland and that is where you need to find ...

Re: Grays NY to Wisconsin Posted on: 25 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

...parents of William Henry Gray b. 1835 in New York. Married Charlotte Reiman (Reilmann, Reimann) b. 1847 in Prussia/Germany in 1869 or 1870. Lived in No. Carolina had first child Henry Albert Gray b.1870 ther...

Re: New Search not finding same results? Posted on: 25 Feb 2014, by  BurgessDonnel...

Topics > Ancestry > com > Ancestry Site Comments

...one "above the line" Johanna Hennings New Orleans Ward 4, Orleans, Louisiana, b abt 1840 in Prussia

Re: William Henry Fromme Posted on: 25 Feb 2014, by  Icem4naccord

Surnames > Fromme

...originated from Germany. I received my tree from my aunt and she has the Fromme name orifinating from prussia but my great great grandmother's parents were from Germany. I have her name being Cecelia (faus...

Looking for info and descendents of surnames Fickewirth, Feldmiller, Scherer and Cafferty from Buffalo, New York Posted on: 26 Feb 2014, by  dlcaff64

Surnames > Fickewirth

William Fickewirth was born about 1827 in Prussia and died in Buffalo on Nov. 6 1897, age 71 years. He was married to Margaret (maiden name unknown), believed to be the widow of an unknown Feldmiller before ...

Re: Reisener family in Australia Posted on: 26 Feb 2014, by  Fearn99

Surnames > Reisener

hi Leopold emil reisenauer was born Bialla Prussia, Mary Ann Carey was born 1836 country cork irealand, if i an help any further you can contact me on patbunting@bigpond.com

Re: von Jaschinsky Posted on: 26 Feb 2014, by  mpzapf

I happened to come across your message while browsing for information about your ancestor Friedrich Wilhelm Jaschinski. Our church, New Jerusalem Lutheran in Lovettsville, Virginia was briefly served...

Re: Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  nlukens_1

Hello, Thank you for your quick reply and suggestions. Unfortunately my ancestor's arrival manifest only says Germany. U.S. records including the census, death certificates, and obituaries also jus...

Re: Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome Noel, Are you aware of this poster who is too researching OSOWSKI surname? http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.ceeurope.poland.unknown/22655/mb.ashx You mentioned Humbolt so can this...

Re: Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Noel Might you hear Grand Lovak in this location German Name Groß Lonsk Alternate Name 1: Groß Lonz 1789 Polish/Russian Name Lasko Wielkie Kreis/County Bromberg German Province Posen To...

Charles Bottcher B 1853 Danzig Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  kathleenmitch...

Hello I am trying to trace my relations who came from Danzig Prussia. Charles Bottcher born 1853 Danzig, Mother Caroline Lins or Smidt, father John Charles Bottcher, Flour Mill Manager. My ancestor Charle...

Re: Germans residing in Russia in 1880s? Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  JerryFrank59

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Germans from Russia

The Rypin region was part of Prussia prior to the 1815 Treaty of Paris which is why you would find Germans there. http//www.sggee.org is a society that serves Germans from the region and other parts of cent...

Re: Jewish name?? Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  riki thoreson

Surnames > Lipke

Thats very cool, I'm looking for Carolina Lipkes father a Fredrich (I think) Lipke from Prussia, should I also look under Luebke?

Re: SUCHOCKI Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  cindymeyers20...

my grandfather's name was Andrew Dubois and was born 1898. he immigrated to Pennsylvania when he was about 4 years old. He served in WW! as an Alien. I know he was in Normandie during the war. He ...

Re: IS THERE ANY KEMPERS OUT THERE? Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  GaylaVoss53

Surnames > Kemper

...Germany. She was married to Johann Hermann Henrich Schnieder b.28 Aug 1782 in Alfhausen, Hannover, Prussia on 13 Aug 1818 in Alfhausen, Hannover, Prussia. They had 5 children that the researchers found: Anna Mar...

Re: SUCHOCKI Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  Derek DeVerne...

I have been spending the last few months or so going over my Ancestry DNA results, and I haven't ran across any Dubois surnames as of yet, but I do find that I have many names of I guess Slovakian des...

Re: Antonius & Anna Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Surnames > Zbikowski

...Sometimes a draft registration form might have a place of birth. Any member ever mentioned Russia.Poland or Prussia.Poland? ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; http://poznan-project.ps...

Re: J. Henry Pauls born in Rheinland-Phalz? Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  Susie Delebre...

Surnames > Pauls

Hi Karen, I was just reading about how men from Prussia went for work to the Netherlands. Maybe that is why our gg grandfather was there. I keep searching for any records. Sue

Re: Michael Zimmerman Chemnitz Germany circa 1470 Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  zimmerman409

Surnames > Zimmerman

...Michael Zimmerman first shows up in western Pennsylvania circa 1810. My Michael was born circa 1769 in Prussia, died in Pennsylvania in 1839. Don't know anything about a son in 1470....................

Re: Reiswig Family in Denmark? Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  falsterden

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Scandinavia General

Hi, I see no one has answered so I'll give it a whirl. Problem here is that the query is very general. You'd have to start with a specific known individual in your family tree and trace him/her back i...

detrick/Tetrick Kutch Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  Madhappy

Surnames > Kutch

Detrick Kutch and wife Susannah Prussia. Does anyone know when the Kutch or other spelling of Kutch know when the family immigrated to the United Stated. Maybe the ship and date of passage? I wonder when the...

Photo military men, poss 1880's Prussia Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  TeresaKazek

Found family photo of family member in a military unit. Family came to the US from Russia/Poland 1888. Any information about where and when this is from would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reiswig Family in Denmark? Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  WendyBailey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Scandinavia General

...Mennonites. Immediately before they went to Russia they were from "Poland Russia" or "Prussia". It gets complicated because the borders seem to have changed on a yearly basis in that area...

Re: Michael Zimmerman Chemnitz Germany circa 1470 Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  bob zimmerman...

Surnames > Zimmerman

...Michael Zimmerman first shows up in western Pennsylvania circa 1810. My Michael was born circa 1769 in Prussia, died in Pennsylvania in 1839" To whom ever has this Michael, do you know if he happened ...

Fred J. Miller Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  CochraneSE

Surnames > Miller

...to find out who their parents and other siblings are. I believe that the Millers came from Germany or Prussia. Thank You.

Re: Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  nlukens_1

Hello Zlatica, OSOWSKI poster: No I am not aware of this person yet - I just found this site and will begin to search it more and more. Humboldt Grube: I did find this location via kartenmeister bef...

Re: Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  nlukens_1

Hello again Ziatica, Grand Lovak: I'm not sure if I understand your reply - are you saying that the German name for Grand Lovak is Grob Lonsk or only that Grand Lovak might just be near Grob Lonsk? I...

Re: Obituary - MOULES, Margaret Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  walterfreeman...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northumberland

I took a quick look at GenealogyBank and at Archives, but did not find an obit for Margaret. GenealogyBank specializes in digitizing newspapers and in obits found therein. I tried a number of ways o...

Re: Jozef Osowski from Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

You're welcome Noel. http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/ossowski.html Zamieszkują oni w 231 różnych powiatach i miastach. Najwięcej zameldowanych jest w Starogard Gdański ,a dokładnie 340. ...

Re: Grand Lovak, Prussia Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  ZlaticaBeca

Noel English is my second language. Do you, with English as your first language, hear Grand Lovak in the German Grob Lonsk? I'm just grasping at straws as I have nothing concrete to work with. Don'...

Re: Witthuhn's Posted on: 02 Mar 2014, by  MAHuebner1

Surnames > Witthuhn

Not sure if this is the same family, but Carl Witthuhn emigrated from Germany (Prussia) with his wife, Frederike Schmidt. They had the following children: August, born in Germany in 1866; Amelia, born in G...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions