Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 352 Messages

per page

Re: Klaushagen Pommern Prussia Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by  zmanancestry

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

Mr. Pagel, I was delighted to belatedly discover the above post from you from over a year ago! My Ziemann ancestors reportedly came from Klaushagen, Pommern, but since there are several Klaushagens ...

Re: Linck Lincke Link or Linke in Milwaukee's German-American newspapers Posted on: 19 Jul 2016, by  GaryRRebholz

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

"... Heinrich Linck, they came from Mecklenburg, Prussia. The exact town was Gaedebusch. They arrived on the SS California July 13,1883 and settled in the Milwaukee area ..." Have you used Milwauk...

Having issues with Adam Srock... Posted on: 28 Jul 2016, by  csrock68

Surnames > Srock

Hi.. I posted hereally in 2001.. now 2016... can't get past abt 1814 Prussia/ Germany. Adam Srock, no records of immigration, wife Henrietta (?) Bork (g)... died in Clearfield. Email me at my long term addr...

Re: Any Michael and Pauline Light descendants? Posted on: 13 May 2016, by  mztiz1

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

Brooklyn NY Standard 6-16-1930 Arthur U Light Sr.... clerk for the engineering department, of I. R. T., died Saturday at his home, 1730 West Ninth street, near Kings highway. He ...

Re: Jacob Jungblut Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  gabeyoungbloo...

Surnames > Youngblood

What are his parents names? I think I'm sure that this Jacobs dad is a Jacob too. Did they come from the Prussia area?

Re: RUSIN, RUSINICK, OR RUSENICK Posted on: 19 Jul 2016, by  pinhook1977

Susan, I too am a descendant of William and Nellie. Would it be possible to see what information i could obtain from you? It would be greatly appreciated. Jeff

Re: Koeppen's in Wisconsin Posted on: 16 Mar 2016, by  brown leroy

Surnames > Koeppen

...in Town of Washington who married Margaret Goos ? His father was Carl F Koeepen born 1 July 1856 in Prussia who married Mathilda Krause. Carl is the brother to Wilhelmina Koeppen who married WIlhjelm Retzlaf...

Re: Koeppen's in Wisconsin Posted on: 16 Mar 2016, by  brown leroy

Surnames > Koeppen

...in Town of Washington who married Margaret Goos ? His father was Carl F Koeepen born 1 July 1856 in Prussia who married Mathilda Krause. Carl is the brother to Wilhelmina Koeppen who married WIlhjelm Retzlaf...

Re: Western Europe Querries Posted on: 28 Jul 2016, by  ChristineLand...

I am looking for the Landmeiers and the Deitz,s in the following town Danzigo,Marionburg, Marienwerder, or Stettin. These are the towns in westernPrussia in 19th centurythat i think my family came f...

Re: Ancestors from Romberg or Kretzyn Posted on: 25 Mar 2016, by  cliokent

...father was the August Quoos who was born in 1893 in the village of Belkau, Kreis Sorau, Brandenburg, Prussia. The village was closer to the town of Sommerfeld in Kreis (county) Crossen so that's where he wen...

Re: Brose from West Prussia Posted on: 10 May 2016, by  carjack7065

Surnames > Brose

Would like to hear from Elke Brose regarding John Hauiesen who came from Germany to USA in 1867.

Re: Molitor Posted on: 25 Apr 2016, by  geneagirl64

Surnames > Molitor

Hi Heidi, My great-great grandfather was a Molitor. Christopher F. Molitor was born in 1844, Prussia and came with his parents Frederick/Ferdinand and Margarettia. They came about 1847/8 to N.Y. That's where...

Edward Wightman Posted on: 19 May 2016, by  thomasamurray...

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > Kent

You may be interested in your ancestor at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Wightman At the bottom it tells of how Edward's sons went to Rhode Island where they were involved with Roger Williams i...

Michael Balewski Posted on: 05 Jul 2016, by  Jina Severins...

Surnames > Balewski

I am looking for a birth record for Michael BALEWSKI, born in the early 1800s, in the Poland/Germany/Prussia area. He married Louise Papke and they had a son named Julius BALEWSKI in 1851. Alternate surnam...

Re: Western Europe Querries Posted on: 28 Jul 2016, by  FamFo

The distance between Danzig and Stettin are about 360 km. The civilregister starts 1876. If you are looking before, you need the birthplace, churchdistrict. online churchbooks for danzig http://metr...

Re: Great (x5) granddaughter of George Shauger from Prussia Posted on: 03 Aug 2016, by  ltlwolf4u

Surnames > Shauger

Hi, I am also descended from the shawger/shauger line. I just found my grandmother's maiden name and have been tracing the line back. Loretta Shawger fetch 1897-1979/Charles rose shawger-shauger/Thom...

Re: Gnade Posted on: 03 Apr 2016, by  familyhistory...

Surnames > Gnade

...great Grandfather Johann Friedrich Gnade Jr was born & died in Rischenau, Lippe, Detmold, Brochum, Prussia 1777-1857. Paul Dague PAULnJUDY@mchsi.com

Re: Thole Family Posted on: 08 Apr 2016, by  Nancy McNally

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Niedersachsen > General

...Bernard/Bernhard and I think he is one of the relations mentioned in this discussion. He was from Westphalia/ Prussia and married Emily/ Emilie also from Prussia.

Re: mouzon family tree Posted on: 18 Jul 2016, by  TonySwainsbur...

Surnames > Mouzon

...Davis who comes from a Polish Jewish line (father Woolf Davis born about 1831 in Preußen - Rypin Prussia - now Poland) I have not found any links of the French/London Mouzon line to the Mouzon lines in ...

Re: "Bisheriger Wohnort" Posted on: 17 Mar 2016, by  Brian Krueger

One possibility would be Uschneudorf (aka Usch-Neudorf), a small community northwest of Chodziez. http://www.kartenmeister.com/preview/City.asp?CitNum=25221

AW: Re: AW: Anna Maria Jung (Young), born 1821 in Wetzlar, Prussia (now part of Hesse, Germany) Posted on: 07 Mar 2016, by  dietmarhandl

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Hessen > General

Rob, Barterode still has a parish of its own. You can contact the parish under: pfarramt.barterode@evlka.de If they have the church books still there they surely can help you. If the books are at an...

Re: Brunetzki in Königsberg in 1888 Posted on: 24 Mar 2016, by  FamFo

Hello, its a long shoot to Königsberg in Preussen. J. Brunetzki profession Zimmergesell = journey carpenter http://www.olsztyn.ap.gov.pl/apnet/wybierz.php Between 1892 to 1895 adressbooks for K...

Re: Schrader from HARZ MOUNTAIN areas of Germany [ Hannover] Posted on: 03 May 2016, by  dewishus

Surnames > Schrader

...Great Grandfather was Heinrich Hermann Conrad Schrader from Harburg, (I think) a province of Hannover in Prussia. Not exactly sure where Harburg is in relation to Harz Mountain. he was born 1861 in Hannove...

Fischer born 1866 at Königsberg Prussia; lived at Wismar, Mecklenburg. Posted on: 30 Jul 2016, by  David Rathgen

Surnames > Fischer

...FISCHER (whose Father was August FISCHER and mother, Bertha DOCTOR) was born 1 Jul 1866 at Königsberg Prussia; he lived at Wismar, Mecklenburg; he was (1939) (age 72-73) at Reichspostdirektion at Hambur...

Re: Reinfeldt/Otto connection Posted on: 02 Mar 2016, by  PerryBenson71...

Surnames > Reinfeldt

...Scott -- all very interesting, how mobile our ancestors were, even in the 19th century. Regarding #4, Prussia at that time included Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen) -- this is the same area where my g-grandmoth...

Kasper and Anna Margarette Keisker immigration from Prussia Posted on: 22 Apr 2016, by  peelal

Surnames > Keisker

For years I have researched the names above who came to Wetaug, Pulaski, Illinois, in 1853 from Prussia. I have found several children and grandchildren, but never the immigration. Several Keiskers seem to...

Re: Villwocks in Hither Pommern Posted on: 04 Jul 2016, by  Stevesrm1

Surnames > Villwock

Darcy, I've been looking for VILLWOCK connections in Prussia and Germany in the 1800s, and noticed your postings. Perhaps you already have this info, but is this your Wilhelmine's Mother? Widow of the...

Re: Tohm family or Tom / Thom / Tome Posted on: 05 Mar 2016, by  6996sher

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lublin [Lubelskie]

...Thom,THOM/TOM/TOME? My Tonn Family left the Lubelskie county in abut 1904 and went to Neuhof, Keis Briesen, West Prussia. Other place names in Lubelskie I have are: Bekascha, Chelm,Lubelskie; Mazanow; Trzcin...

Frederick Hahn Posted on: 30 Mar 2016, by  janetwalterse...

Surnames > Hahn

...slate picker, Lizzie, Barbara 1880 US Census Schuylkill Co., Pa. Hahn, Philip, 33, miner, born in Prussia Mary, 33, wife, born at sea, parents born in Bavaria Lana, 12, daughter, ...

Re: Jacob Jungblut Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  blueheron29

Surnames > Youngblood

If you can make a connection to William, born c. 1836ish Prussia- I do have his parents names, kids, etc. However, to the best I can tell he came as a 20 year old.

SCHULZ from Bahn, Germany Posted on: 30 Jul 2016, by  Aespringer

Surnames > Schulz

I am researching my SCHULZ family. They were from Pomerania, (Pommern) Prussia, formerly part of Germany, it is now Poland. The county (Kreis) was Greifenhagen, the town I am looking in is Bahn. My 2nd gr...

Frederick Hahn Posted on: 30 Mar 2016, by  janetwalterse...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Pennsylvania Obituaries

...slate picker, Lizzie, Barbara 1880 US Census Schuylkill Co., Pa. Hahn, Philip, 33, miner, born in Prussia Mary, 33, wife, born at sea, parents born in Bavaria Lana, 12, daughter, ...

Re: Schrader Family Tree Posted on: 03 May 2016, by  dewishus

Surnames > Schrader

...Hermann Conrad Schrader (later went by the name Herman Heinrich Schrader) born 11 Jan 1861 in Harburg, Prussia - a province of Hannover (I believe). Being from same area an close in age, there may be some r...

Hoping maybe some records have come out.... Posted on: 17 May 2016, by  sandymcclay

I am looking for my great great great grandmother. Her name was Maria Katherine Thomas and she was born in "Linz" but came to Dillenburg. Her father was a Kark Thomas. She married Wilhelm...

Re: genealogy Posted on: 29 Mar 2016, by  dryan170

Surnames > Kashubians

Hi. I am related to Franz and Jacob Samp from Genhau Prussia. Also Joseph Skatzka from that area as well. They were said to be parishioners of St. Michael Archangel church Gdynia. I am happy to share inf...

Re: Orlowski/Orlofski,etc Posted on: 31 Mar 2016, by  Matthew Orlos...

Surnames > Orlowski

...opinions conforming to their own desires. Well, I know for certain that my Granfathers lived in Posen, Prussia, but they did not consider themselves Polish and I understand that there was some emnity between...

Re: Surname in Wurttemberg, Germany Posted on: 28 Jun 2016, by  JMcBride92

Surnames > Shumaker

I am wondering the same thing. My Shumakers started out in Prussia, (is now Germany), they arrived in Canada, not sure of what dates or what ship they were on. After arriving in the US around 1859, they li...

Re: ERDMANN and ZASTROW from Friedrichsberg/Blotno and Dolgen/Dolgie in Prussia/Pommern/Poland Posted on: 08 Jul 2016, by  brilmx

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

Ida Parlow b 15 Apr 1883 was daughter of Emilie by first marriage to Wilhem Parlow. She came to USA with Emilie and August in 1893. Interstingly, Wilhem Parlow was previoulsy married to Emilie Behlke...

AW: Kieter, Kater, Mews, Mebs, Mabs, Posted on: 31 Mar 2016, by  deanna1550

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Sachsen-Anhalt > General

Looking for Frederick Gottlieb Mews/Mebs born 1838 in Rogzer/Rogger Furstenthalm Prussia who married Fredericka Kieter/Kater. Together they had at least 3 children born here. Frederick August, Luise, Willia...

Catherine Koslowski Turk Posted on: 01 May 2016, by  jphurst1

Surnames > Turk

...great grandmother. I am struggling to find any records of Catherine and Helen on passenger lists or in Prussia/Germany. Can anyone offer any guidance? Thanks so much!

Re: Looking for any history on Ernestine Krolik Kahn Posted on: 14 Jun 2016, by  KKnightReilly

Surnames > Krolik

...listing from another online source (copied and pasted); Family Adolph KROLIK, b. 10 Jul 1839, Kempen, Prussia Find all individuals with events at this location, d. 11 Dec 1893 Married 12 Mar 1867 ,...

Re: Orlowski/Orlofski,etc Posted on: 31 Mar 2016, by  Matthew Orlos...

Surnames > Orlowski

...opinions conforming to their own desires. Well, I know for certain that my Granfathers lived in Posen, Prussia, but they did not consider themselves Polish and I understand that there was some emnity between...

Re: Berlin, Stadt[kirche], Brandenburg, Prussia Posted on: 16 Jul 2016, by  Lanarast1

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Brandenburg > General

I wondered if I might ask your help in locating where exactly ancestors of my husband were from or where it would be today. Johann Leonhard Rast was born 1742 in Germany. Bible records were transcrib...

Gottlieb and Anna Felske, Tuscola and Bay Counties, Michigan Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  katzengramma

Surnames > Schmidt

...mother's name was Elizabeth Filbrand(t) (Filbranz); Anna's maiden name was Redwanz. They came from Germany/Prussia and had 12 children. They were my husband's great grandparents and lived in Merritt Townsh...

Re: Lampe, Frolke Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by  sarge736

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...Father's Name Henry Lampe Father's Birthplace Hanover Mother's Name Fredericka Lampe Mother's Birthplace Prussia Occupation At Home Household Members Name Age Henry Lampe 54 Fredericka Lampe 45 Henry Lampe ...

Re: Western Europe Querries Posted on: 04 Aug 2016, by  margecam170

HalPark you seem to know a bit about locations. My great grandfather was from Prum, or at least some family were. A nice member translated the return address for me: Schöneken Kreis (Priem ?) ...

Re: JOHANN GOTTIEB DUX Posted on: 03 Jun 2016, by  RhondaEmbee

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...naturalisation record and J G is stated as having come from Liegnitz (possibly in Silesia/Schlesien) Prussia. And yes, married twice as mentioned by Karin, and records with the surname DUCKS!! Rhonda

Grun family Allenstein, Poland Posted on: 29 Jul 2016, by  meeksathome

Surnames > Grun

...am researching my great grandfather Isidor Grun, who was born in late 1800s in Poland, then known as Prussia. The city is now known as Allenstein. He married Rebecca Horowitz and they lived in Iasi, Roman...

Re: Molitor DNA Posted on: 25 Apr 2016, by  geneagirl64

Surnames > Molitor

Hi, My name is Andrea. My great-great grandfather ,his parents,and brother came to N.Y. also from Prussia. His name is Christopher F. Molitor, b.Apr.1844 .He had an older sister Catharina, b. 1840, his brot...

Re: Davis, Joseph T. and his Davis/David family - Immigrants bef 1780 Posted on: 25 May 2016, by  Thomas Pöhlma...

...It is very likely, that your ancestor was from Königsberg, a town in the Prussian province East Prussia, today Kaliningrad in Russia. Probably they were of Jewish faith (as the first names indicate). I ...

per page