Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 563 Messages

per page

Re: Charles Henry Kalhorn Posted on: 23 Oct 2014, by  Assenheimer57

Surnames > Kalhorn

...Ottlie Assenheimer was the daughter of Carl Assenheimer and caroline Pohl frm Powidz, Schroda Co. in Prussia. The family originated from Sülzbach in Württemberg.

Re: Info on Wilhelm Schoettger??? Posted on: 23 Oct 2014, by  KathleenLouis...

Localities > North America > United States > General

...in 1812, and she in 1835. They came to the United States from the province of Hannover the state of Prussia in 1849, escaping from their native land after the Revolution of 1848. This was in the general area...

Re: Herman Otto Engel and Wihilmina Pahl Lived in Prussia Posted on: 24 Oct 2014, by  xandismother

Surnames > Engel

I'm through the same line and totally stuck!!! I can't find anything in the german side. I have Otto's ss record but the town name he came from is not clear. I've been trying to find info on his natu...

solomon Bibo Jewish Indian Chief from ajhs of ne archives newsletter Posted on: 24 Oct 2014, by  mensa73

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Jewish > Jewish Roots

...recognize Bibo as their leader. Even more remarkable is that Bibo was a Jew. Solomon Bibo was born in Prussia in 1853, the sixth of eleven children. In 1866, two of his brothers ventured to America and sett...

Re: Herman Otto Engel and Wihilmina Pahl Lived in Prussia Posted on: 24 Oct 2014, by  Peggy Sipes

Surnames > Engel

Hi, I will be happy to send you invitation to my tree. I have documents there that no one else has. My mother was soul heir to his things when he passed away. I was just at her house the end of August...

Re: Suchala family in Wisconsin Posted on: 25 Oct 2014, by  Myka47

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Lucas

...Date: abt 1817 Age: 51 1/12 Gender: Male Ethnicity/ Nationality: Prussian (German) Place of Origin: Prussia Port of Departure: Bremen, Germany Destination: Milwauke Port of Arrival: New York, New York Ship N...

Where is Pudenzig parish Posted on: 26 Oct 2014, by  JeanRichards9...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

Hi everyone, how do I determine where Pudenzig parish is? Ancestry lists the source as Pommern, but how do I determine the town? Is it possible that there is more than one Pudenzig parish? Thanks!

Fannie Koenigsberger (born approx 1854 in New York) Posted on: 26 Oct 2014, by  LeoCarling

Surnames > Koenigsberger

...approx 1854 in New York. The 1880 census of Jersey City lists her father (M_______ born approx 1824 in Prussia), his wife Minne (born approx 1825 in Prussia) and brother and sisters. She married Charles (or Chas)...

Anton and Magdalena Back, Prussia, Dearborn County, Indiana Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  gary back

Surnames > Back

...Dearborn County. I am seeking their roots. I found a copy of a document online that said Anton was from Prussia and came to Indiana sometime around 1840's. Also, I now live in Eastern Kentucky, which have a ...

Re: Schroeder Family Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  ford7785

Hello Doug. Minnie was a sister to my 2nd Great Grandpa Louis Strack. Her husband Fred was a half-brother to Louis' wife, my 2nd Great Grandma, Rena (Gady) Strack. Would like to share information if y...

satorie information Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  Eric Schnelte...

Surnames > Dolezal

Hello, Are you able to tell me where Vencil & Katarine immigrated from? If it's Prussia, I would like a copy of the information you have. My email is schnelten@charter.net Thank you, Eric

Re: Lewno, Brzeski, Snaza, Gebur, Sznasa, Lesnar Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  eaglesdare071...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

Hi, I've been researching the Frank Brzeski/Augusta (Hoffmann) Brzeski family who emigrated from Liebshau, West Prussia to Milwaukee, Wisconsin about 1890. Phil

Re: Lewno, Brzeski, Snaza, Gebur, Sznasa, Lesnar Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  scotto703

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

...been looking at the Brzeski's that connect to the Snaza and Lewno families. They are also from West Prussia. scotto...

Re: John Jurkiewicz Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  yoursisnodisg...

Surnames > Jurkiewicz

1. 1868 Prussia Poland, 1961 Mt Olivet Cemetary 2. Don't know 3. Detroit This is to confirm we are talking about the same John. John Jurkiewicz 1902 – 1966

Re: Where is Pudenzig parish Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  hapebar

Pudenzig (or: Puddenzig) in the former Kreis (county) Naugard (today Nowogard) in Pommern. This north-east to Stettin.

Re: Where is Pudenzig parish Posted on: 27 Oct 2014, by  JeanRichards9...

Excellent. Thank you; this is much appreciated.

response to Colin about Beverly Posted on: 28 Oct 2014, by  richardbartos

Colin, Beverly and I have great grandfathers who were brothers. My great grand father is Rudolph Badke who is Albert's brother. I have never met anybody from the Badke side of the family. However I wa...

Re: Doering/Döring - Distant Cousins have a Geneology Tree Posted on: 28 Oct 2014, by  maureen860

Surnames > Doering

...Doring left Hamburg on the Grimbsy Dec 1866.Got off in England. On the ship with her from Birkenfeld Prussia was Maria Stitz ? with child. Joseph Gille, Balthnser Koch. Then caught the ship Atalanta from En...

Re: Laufer / Schultz Posted on: 28 Oct 2014, by  DukeSally1

Surnames > Laufer

...fever. Less than nine months later he married your relative Hermine Rohrig on 5-7-1867 born in Berlin, Prussia. They were married by Pastor Wunders at St Pauls Lutheran Church Chgo, Il. I have her picture...

Re: John Jurkiewicz Posted on: 29 Oct 2014, by  michaeljay09

Surnames > Jurkiewicz

...mind). 1. Any idea what your grandfather and my grandfather's parents names were? 2. Did they come from Prussia to the US? 3. Was that store in Detroit or suburbs? I was under the impression the store was ...

Re: Carl Frederick & Augusta (Schaal) of Templin, Germany >Nebraska Posted on: 30 Oct 2014, by  Denise Schill...

Surnames > Schilling

...sure is his fathers name was August or Henry the first Schilling in my family came here on a boat from Prussia Germany his Name was Christian Schilling he came with his wife and I beleave a young Son Named A...

Re: Ketelhuts from Chottschow, Laudenburg, Prussia Posted on: 30 Oct 2014, by  Redd_nancy

Surnames > Ketelhut

Ewald Ketelhut b. 1913 or 1914 per 1920 census d. 1965 Michigan m. ? Childlren: ? Ewald was the son of Emil Ketelhut b. 1887 & Bertha Muller. Emil was a baker in Detroit and the grandson ...

Re: Looking for information on the families of Lilian and Thomas Jensen Sr. Posted on: 30 Oct 2014, by  falsterden

Surnames > Jensen

...Danes "Danes began to emigrate in significant numbers after Denmark suffered defeat by Bismarck's Prussia in 1864. Some fled from the conquered duchy of Schleswig to escape Prussian rule.....During the ...

Mary Schrader Posted on: 30 Oct 2014, by  crredwine11_1

Surnames > Shrader

Believe she was married in Prussia/Hanover Germany in late 1700s' to John Heinrich Lange Possibly great great parents.

Re: Hendrick & Margaret Sellen - Germantown, Pennsylvania Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  MaryLawson131

Surnames > Sellen

...Zellen Gender: Male Christening Date: 17 Oct 1666 Christening Place: EVANGELISCH, KREFELD, RHEINLAND, PRUSSIA Father's Name: Jacob Zellen Mother's Name: Merriken Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C95050-1 ...

Re: Silverback, McAllen, Stone, Alice M 'Silverback', Bundock...Found nothing, does anyone know anything? Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  Pheynixyoung

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Essex > General

...easier for me to see it more clearly I have tried the Free BMD but because a lot of them are from Prussia/Russia EU, France and Germany...I researched and there is two McAllen's and it was his mother's mai...

Re: Hopf's from Baden Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  maddal

Surnames > Hopf

...I found this on his immigration: Auguste-Bremen Germany to Baltimore MD 8/5/1861: age 24, tin-man, Prussia to Cincinnati. He had one son and 4 daughters who were all born in Cincinnati. If you find a connec...

Re: HOPF Family, Hamilton County Ohio Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  maddal

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Hamilton

...immigration record that shows John H Hopf Auguste-Bremen Germany to Baltimore MD 8/5/1861: age 24, tin-man, Prussia to Cincinnati. The John Hopf you show would have been too old for my John Hopf, he died in...

Re: Festenberg, Kr. Gross Wartenberg, Silesia, Prussia Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  Thomas Pöhlma...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Silesia (Schlesien)

The civil registers of Twardogóra (formerly Festenberg) newer than 1909 should be in the local civil registry office: Urząd Stanu Cywilnego Twardogóra ul. Ratuszowa 56-416 Twardogó...

Roots back to Lithuania, Germany, Prussia Posted on: 31 Oct 2014, by  AlastairRuffm...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Lithuania > General

<thread><path>..fh.localities.scan-balt.lithuania.general</path><threadid>5349</threadid></thread>

Looking for Konopka's from Zollerndorf in East Prussia Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  SimonPapendic...

Iam looking for any of the Konopka's or any of my family;s relatives who lived in the area. Regards Simon Papendick (Konopka)

Re: Silverback, McAllen, Stone, Alice M 'Silverback', Bundock...Found nothing, does anyone know anything? Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  Pheynixyoung

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Essex > General

...people all lived in the area and was born in England whereas the Silverback line and such goes back to Prussia/Russia, Germany and France..I think I might try the World Wide one

Re: DAHLKE, BRUESCH, BRUSCH Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  benddahlke

The lady that originally posted this query is my cousin's wife. . .Marcia. My Great Grandmother shows up in church records for family baptisims as Wilhelmina aka Minnie Brusch or Bruesch. She never ...

Re: Silberbach/Silverback..Lost in what to believe Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  Pheynixyoung

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Europe > German Emigrants

...Iseral/Palastine? (As in all Konigsberg Jews) As they appear to be Jewish, I'm not sure if they are Prussia/Russian Jewish or Iseral/Palastine, many thanks

Re: Need help deciphering a location from marriage record Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  ssharpie

a great place to get records translated from Prussia, is the facebook page Germany/Prussia Genealogy. They have helped out considerably.

Re: Digitized Land Kataster? Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  ssharpie

Did you try the Kartenmeister? It is a wonderful place to get maps.

Re: Need help deciphering a location from marriage record Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  HeuristicsInc

Okay, I tried a post, we'll see if somebody can help. Thanks. -bill

Boge family; Posen, Prussia Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  mdm5268

Surnames > Boge

Have Hulda Auguste BOGE, b 1864, dau of Johann BOGE and Pauline PRIETZ m Friedrich Wilhelm NUSKE in Nekla, Posen 1884 Also Bertha BOGE, sister to Hulda b 1859 m Jonathon SCHULZ, Nekla,...

Re: Ancestors Posted on: 01 Nov 2014, by  CSBeery

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Hi, I have Drews, Leverentz, and Wendt in my family tree. They are all originally from Germany/Prussia and lived/live in the Buffalo, New York area. I would be interested in communicating with you if thes...

Re: Jacob M Smith, son of Anton Schmitz of Lorain Co. Ohio Posted on: 02 Nov 2014, by  plynne9

Surnames > Schmitz

...you are still involved. I'm looking for information on a Anton Schmitz born Schleidweiler , Trier,Prussia abt 1828 , traveled with his mother Eva Bartzen arriving New York in June of 1848. I'm thinking h...

Anton Keck Glatt, Germany Posted on: 03 Nov 2014, by  Michael Keck

Surnames > Keck

Looking for information on Anton Keck from Glatt, Hohenzollern, Prussia. Child is Meinrad Keck B. 1855. Wife in Magdelena Strobel (? spelling).

Re: LOUISE JOHANNESON Posted on: 03 Nov 2014, by  PLondahlsmid

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Denmark > General

Hi Robert, The problem is that Slesvig-Holstein were lost to Prussia in 1864 as a result of war. Unfortunately the records are in Germany, if they survived WWII. Sincerely, Paul

Re: Julius William Borland - Born in Prussia, British Subject Posted on: 04 Nov 2014, by  jones_michele...

Surnames > Borland

Hi Robert Just linked into this and think it is the same family My great aunt Edith Moffatt married James Daggett Borland circa 1919. I believe his father was Julius and mother Elizabeth. Would like t...

Catherine Rilinger Salesky Posted on: 04 Nov 2014, by  anlorwin

Surnames > Loranger

...Fidelity, Nemaha, Kansas. Q. Who are her parents, what dates in Kansas, and were they born in Germany (Prussia)? How is she related to Martin Rilinger? Martin Rilinger was an ancestor to the wife of Harr...

Re: Pronounciation in Northwestern Poland Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by  lchris2

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

New info from another contact. She located a record from Wulflatzke, Neustettin, Pommern, Prussia Germany on familysearch showing one of Karoline's known brother's mother's name as Wilhelmine Gänger a...

Re: Bernard Ray Little (Ex-Navy) Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by  Lotok

Surnames > Little

...last day, I have traced a couple generations of Lillians family back to Poland and a Bernards a back to Prussia. I kind of feel I am just adding names and locations without finding much detail. That's why I ...

Re: Looking for lost great grandmother Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  lynnsteck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Fillmore

...Fredrich Wilhelm "William" Wilbrecht and Gustina. The family emigrated from Rogalin, West Prussia in 1854/1855 staying for a bit in Wisconsin then on to Forestville, Filmore County, Minnesota. ...

Re: Wilhelmina (Minnie) Rohring Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  PaSain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

Name: Friedrich Heinrich Julius Röpke Spouse's Name: Wilhelmine Friedrike Ernestine Röhring Event Date: 10 Jun 1870 Event Place: Groß Lukow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany Father's Name:...

Re: KUNZ and ZIEBELL/SIEBEL, August GUENTHER families from Prussia Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  GaryRRebholz

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Milwaukee

The local collection called "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950) has over 200 entries or references to the Ziebell Ziebel surname, includi...

Re: Julius William Borland - Born in Prussia, British Subject Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  Robert_Borlan...

Surnames > Borland

...of the Borland family, but I do take an interest in all Borlands. James was an engine fitter born in Prussia. The name Daggett comes from his mother, Elizabeth Jennette Daggatt. I have given further informa...

per page