Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 812 Messages

per page

information on surnames Szczkowska and Kuraszkiewicz Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  karenlgronewo...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

...with her family in 1887. I am also looking for information on Martin Kuraszkiewicz born around 1843 in Prussia. Any information on either of these family members or some ideas of how to find their relatives ...

Ludwig Judas Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  auntytree46

Surnames > Judas

...Saale-Holzland-Kreis, Thueringen, Germany 8 Aug 1819, IS INCORRECT. Ludwig Judas WAS born in Obornik, Posen, Prussia/Preussen on 8 Aug 1819. You have Ludwig Judas as born in a complete separate area of ...

Re: 2007 obit from Wayne PA for Margaret Prevost Beach Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  mabarrow

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Delaware

...items just by googling their names. Dr. Douglas Beach Pennsylvania Onclgy Hem Assocs 250 King of Prussia Rd Ste 1B Radnor, PA 19087 (610) 902-5950

Re: Looking for information on Albert Zylka and Constanta Stanczyk Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  Angela Ellis

Surnames > Zylka

...Zylka and her mother and father where Joseph and Anna Zylka. Albert I belive was my great grandpa, from Prussia? I hope to hear something from you. I see its been awhile. Good luck

Re: Question on the Surname Zylka Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  Angela Ellis

Surnames > Zylka

That must be my great grandfather, Are you in Duluth? My mother Donna Church her father Joseph Zylka and family originally from Prussia.

My wife's family... Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by  George F Keil...

Surnames > Murdock

Looking for anyone related to Ernestina F. Powell Richmond Welch, Born 1847 in Prussia and died 1937 in Oakland, CA; Also looking for anyone related to Ann Slowey Boswell Reith born 1835 in Ireland or Scotla...

Re: John Henry Rabe and Genealogical & Biographical Record of Kendall & Will Counties, Illinois. Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  annesears

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Kendall

...my own Kendall County database, I have Clara Wiecke Rabe, and the only piece of data is "born in Prussia" and the source is History of Kendall and Will Counties. I do have, from the same source, t...

Re: Mrs. Richard Kasube of Harvey ,Illinois Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Cook

Emily Kasube born in 1859 in Neudorf Prussia was my gr.gr. grandma, she had a brother named Frederick Richard who I believe is this Richard. parents Ludwig Kasube and Juliane Sommer, She had a grandson nam...

Re: Mrs. Richard Kasube of Harvey ,Illinois Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Cook

my gr x 2 grandma Emily H. Kasube born 1859 in Neudorf Prussia, parents Ludwig Kasube and Juliane Sommer. She had a brother named FredericK Richard Kasube. She had a grandson named Richard. She came to WI to...

Re: Wozniak - Woznack Family Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  jaurbanski1

Surnames > Wozniak

...emigrated to the US around 1884 with 3 siblings (including Joseph, Vincent, and Rosa) from Wylatowo Prussia, Poland. These four siblings started families in Schenectady NY. I think Joseph's wife's name was F...

Re: ROSENBERG, Siegfried of Rosenberg, Germany Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  Susan Novak B...

I too am researching Rosenbergs however they were from Newerk, New Jersey. There were many of them however ; I am not sure where they all went. They would be my Mother's side of the family. Her f...

Re: Wm Gray Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

...parents of William Henry Gray b. 1835 in New York. Married Charlotte Reiman (Reilmann, Reimann) b. 1847 in Prussia/Germany in 1869 or 1870. Lived in No. Carolina had first child Henry Albert Gray b.1870 ther...

Sperber from Prussia to Missouri Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  Jan Marrs

Surnames > Sperber

Looking for information on John Sperber, born about 1803 in Prussia. By 1850 he was in Moniteau County, Missouri - married to Catherine and with two children, Gottleib and Louisa. Louisa married John Wolf...

Re: Brand/Brands/Brandt from Westfalen, Prussia Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  fdennis701

Surnames > Brand

My GGGrandfather was Peter H Brand and GGGrandmother was Anna Maria Hotmann. They immigrated from Hallie in the 1840's and settled in Missouri. My Grandmother was Bertha Beatrice Brand daughter of Al...

Re: Amelia Usinger Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  jennifer reic...

Surnames > Usinger

...the records Amelia Usinger was my great aunt. I found records of when the family immigrated to NY from Prussia. I could share my tree if you are interested. That side of my family seems to have always been...

Re: John C. MARTINE Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  MrsGorrow

Surnames > Martine

And here is a biography of JOHN C MORTINE / MARTINE b Nov 30, 1830 Strasbourg France From "Portrait and Biographical Album of Otoe and Cass Counties, Nebraska", Volume I, 1889: Capt. John ...

Re: Rudolph Charles Gust Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  knipsjd

Surnames > Gust

...finally found the ship manifest for Johann Just on Ancestry. It said the family came from Dorphagen, Prussia in April 1868, and arrived in Quebec. He was a "zieglar", which is a tiler, or stone m...

Sajewitz, Osteroda and Gorlitz Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  kellysimons42

Surnames > Sajewitz

...originally Sajewitz with spellings of Sayewitz or Saiewicz. My Sajewitz family was Lutheran and was from Ost Prussia. Carl Wilhelm Sajewitz was baptised in 1846 in Gross Schmuckwalde and married Wilhelminia ...

WADNER,KUCZYNSKI,MICHALSKI Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  mej1948

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Trying to find the area in Prussia where Franciszek Kuczynski (Kucznski,Kuczenski) and Veronica Wadner,Veronica (Mary?) Miichaski came from. Came over in 1888,settled in Dunkirk,Pomfret NY. Thank you if you ...

Re: Königsberg bapt. and marriage records online Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  cschraga1

Im not sure if this is a dumb question or not but are these records only for Olsztyn / Allenstein or do they include the former Koningsberg province as well? I'm looking for birth/baptismal and marri...

Re: Königsberg bapt. and marriage records online Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by  halpark

...geographical picture. Both Allenstein/Olsztyn and Koenigsberg/Kaliningrad were in the Province of East Prussia. The work of digitising has been done by the State Archives in Olsztyn (now Poland) but this ref...

Re: VOSS Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  cbarger200

...this side. My grandmother has the original paperwork and it states that the Voss' came from Strausen, Prussia. Does anyone know if that translate over to present day Greifswald area? Thanks, Cecilia

KUHNAU and its many misspellings Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  laurieskeller

Surnames > Kuhnau

...the list. I've found KUHNAUs in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Washington, Oregon, California, Hesse-Darmstadt, Prussia, Bavaria, Poland (when part of it was German). Help me expand the map too. Many thanks, and hap...

Re: WADNER,KUCZYNSKI,MICHALSKI Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  valeria1950

The names sound Polish, so they will be from what used to be East Prussia or West Prussia and is Poland today. But I'm not an expert in this. Gaby

Re: VOSS Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  cbarger200

...over at the pt of the franco-prussian war. Both the university and hand written notes say Strausen, Prussia. I dont know if that translate to alt neg area that Evelyn mentioned or not. I will go back and dou...

Emily/Amelia AbrahamAbrams Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by  carolgross144

Surnames > Abrahams

Amelia/Emily Born 1863 or 1866 in Prussia (?)/ married Hutterite Josef/Joseph gross and emigrated to USA> First in South Dakota then NYC PARENTS: Morris and Etta Abraham. Anyone with info????

Re: VOSS Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by  cbarger200

...Zierke Married 1874 30 Jan 1847 Stausen, Alt- Negentin, Prussia 16 Mar 1927 Grand Meadow, Mower, Mn Children:...

Re: MIETZEL family of Kreis Preußisch Holland, East Prussia Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by  Peter_Row

Surnames > Mietzel

Hi David, I see you are connected through Meta Emma Gertrude MIETZEL and Herbert Frederick JANETZKI. For context: 1. August MIETZEL He married Auguste LIPPERT Abt. 1860 in Glasse, Soldin, Brandenbu...

SKS - Chicago City Directories 1883-1892 Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by  gwendythedigg...

...Glasgow Scotland 23 May 1883. His wife Theresia (?) THALHAMMER b. 11 October 1831 in Stadtslyer West Prussia. Departed Bremen in Mar 1885 with daughters Anna and Marie, arrived in Baltimore 17 April 1885....

Frederick / Friedrick Krüger Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by  samsaba

Surnames > Krüger

...Frederick / Friedrick Krüger's descendants. Frederick and his wife Caroline Hase immigrated from Prussia in 1949 we believe. He was born in 1823. Our family information leads me to believe he was born...

Helene Kolodzeizik Family History Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by  ES843IS

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Europe > German Emigrants

...and Anne), and siblings (Ruth, Elizabeth, Mittie, and Gertrude). My mother was born in Nikoliken, E. Prussia and the family moved to Germany.

Re: Has your Gray line been DNA tested? Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

...parents of William Henry Gray b. 1835 in New York. Married Charlotte Reiman (Reilmann, Reimann) b. 1847 in Prussia/Germany in 1869 or 1870. Lived in No. Carolina had first child Henry Albert Gray b.1870 ther...

Re: How is the Henry Meyer b 1837 and the Conrad Vesperman b 1819 related? Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  Sharon Goroho...

Surnames > Meyer

...names you are looking for, but I also have Meyer in my family. Meyer seems to be as common in Germany (Prussia) as Jones & Smith are here in the USA!!!

Born in Oldenburg Germany 8/12/45 Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  Hans Foraker

I was born in Oldenburg Germany by Ostpreusen on 8/12/45 Hans Juergen Sack. My fathers name was Otto Wenzelewski that is all I know as I never knew him.

Re: Marcus Witkowski (b.1834 Prussia-Poland) - 59th GA Co. E - name changed NY 1873 Marcus Witmark Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  Jonathan Rose...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Clay

...have the right Marcus Witmark/Witkowski. He was my great, great grandfather. He came to the US from Prussia in 1853. He arrived in New York and went south to Alabama. After a few years he moved to Georgia. H...

Birkholz, Augusta Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  mathewsmansio...

Surnames > Birkholz

...Augusta Birkholz/Berkholz married to Henry(Henery) Fredrick (Fredrich) Moseler who was from Germany, near Prussia (per records) Westfalen, Germany. Their son…Henry Moseler came to the US via New York in 18...

TORNOW of Sellnow, Arnswalde, Prussia Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by  Kym Edwards

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Green Lake

I am interested in origins of TORNOW family of Sellnow, county Arnswalde, Prussia now in present day Poland. My MATTE / KLETTNER / WOLF family in nearby Woldenberg seems to have possible dna connections with...

Re: How is the Henry Meyer b 1837 and the Conrad Vesperman b 1819 related? Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  Sharon Goroho...

Surnames > Meyer

My earliest Meyer was Hermann Meyer, & I have not found when he came to the USA from "Prussia; however his wife (Natalia Damiz (sp?) and 4 children came through New Orleans (to join him ) from the P...

Re: How is the Henry Meyer b 1837 and the Conrad Vesperman b 1819 related? Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  JoPaDo

Surnames > Meyer

...information to share, but did not have the name of the ship and location that they traveled on from Prussia so you may have more. Can I check your online tree at Ancestry?? Joe Donahue

Re: George & (E)Liza Gray - Minnesota / New York born 1838/6 Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  fcgslp

Surnames > Gray

Re: Martens - Iowa Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  ncoverberg1

Surnames > Martens

My Martens family came from Prussia about 1868-1869, paid taxes in Scott Co, Iowa in 1870 & 1880, are in the 1870 & 1880 census records. bought land in cass co, iowa in 1882 and John Martens died ...

Re: BEHM / Schultz in Michigan Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  mngbehm

Surnames > Behm

Johann Gottlieb Behm born April 2, 1823 in Gross Kotten, Posen, Prussia. married Wilhemina Schultz born Feb.23 1823 in Germany. They got married in Germany and had 6 children. They arrived in Riga, Michigan...

Re: AHRENDES, Joseph Myron Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by  buschini

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > San Joaquin Genealogical Society (SJGS)

...of Ida May Eves. Yes their a lot of Ahrendes in Montana ,and Kansas . Igantius Ahrendes came from Prussia in 1847 through the port of Maryland. His first son was born in Missiouri {Francis] Now the myst...

Re: looking?? Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  skarniss

Surnames > Wenzel

Hi Justin, my Wenzel's are from Minnesota. Prussia to Iowa n then some went to MN. Sharon

Augusta Salewska, born 1851 in East Prussia Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  mloncaric13

Surnames > Salewski

...Sulewska) Swidrowski, is a deep mystery in our family. I approximate that she was born around 1851 in East Prussia, possibly Nieder Prangenau (Pregowo Dolne, in Polish). She married my great-great grandfathe...

Augusta Sulewska, b. 1851 Poland d. 1931 Nanticoke, PA Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  mloncaric13

Surnames > Sulewski

...Salewska) Swidrowski, is a deep mystery in our family. I approximate that she was born around 1851 in East Prussia, possibly Nieder Prangenau (Pregowo Dolne, in Polish). She married my great-great grandfathe...

Regarding the Hanni Family Circus Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  Vanessa Ali

Topics > Occupations > Circus - Vaudeville

...the circus. My dad was Heinz Helmut Hänni of Swiss descent, but he was born in Eichsfeld in East Prussia in 1913 or 14. He immigrated to Canada at the age of 3 and settled in Yellowgrass, Saskatchewan.

Re: Marriage in Prussia Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  annehaase59

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Asimon%20%2Bspouse_surname%3Aseidel~ Grüße anne

Marriage in Prussia Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  djg37

...Name: Johann Wilhelm Andreas Simon Spouse: Friederike Dorothea Juliane Seidel supposedly married in Prussia around 1839/40. I am in Australia and don't have worldwide Ancestry access. I would be grateful...

Re: Marriage in Prussia Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by  djg37

Many thanks for your quick reply. This is our family and exactly what we needed. Best wishes Don and Mary

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions