Search the Boards

Search Results for "prussia" - 867 Messages

per page

Re: ZIEMER, TIMM, MAAHS, SIEVERT from PRUSSIA to Peoria Illinois 1892 Posted on: 20 Oct 2013, by  FritzKruse

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Hello Janel, You may have the wrong message board? If your family was from old Prussia, then old Mecklenburg was not a part of Prussia until after 1945 when Pomerania, Prussia was added. Do you have any information abou...

Re: ZIEMER, TIMM, MAAHS, SIEVERT from PRUSSIA to Peoria Illinois 1892 Posted on: 20 Oct 2013, by  janelowemilla...

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern > Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Thank you so much for answering this post! You are so right that it was old Prussia. Can you tell me what message board that I should post to? G & G Ziemer came to America in 1892. Thank you in advan...

Looking for parents of Gottfried Beutner Posted on: 20 Oct 2013, by  chbeutner

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Looking for the parents of Gottfried Beutner born in Adolphshof, Rosenberg, West Prussia in 1857. Emmigrated to the United States in 1880. Resided in Tonawanda, New York. Death 1912.

Re: Emil Ursum Posted on: 20 Oct 2013, by  CathyDanhauer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Manistee

...John Springborn of Grant, Mason, Michigan. In 1870 census, his daughter age 14 named Rebekka born in Prussia is living with him. As Fredericka is found in later censuses as Reka and Rika, I'm wondering if ...

Re: ZIEMER, TIMM, MAAHS, SIEVERT from PRUSSIA to Peoria Illinois 1892 Posted on: 21 Oct 2013, by  FritzKruse

Try the Prussian board at: http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.histreg.prussia/mb.ashx Hard to find, you have to look in Central Europe, then Historical Regions to find that board. Good Luck to ...

Re: Zarek Posted on: 21 Oct 2013, by  LadyMercer1

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

Bitte schreiben Sie mir eine email an Christianecmercer@yahoo.com. Ich versuche mehr ueber meine Zarek familie aus Zempelburg zu erfahren. Danke schoen Christiane

Robert Klang B. 1835 Pillan emigrated Boston 1889 Posted on: 21 Oct 2013, by  Ataturk05

Surnames > Klang

I am seeking information on a Robert Klang. He was born in Pillan, Prussia in 1835. He spent his working life on cargo ships and was appointmented Master in 1874. He married Catherine George/Cosgrove in A...

Re: AUGUSTUS BUCK; NC/SC ? Posted on: 21 Oct 2013, by  sasu160

Surnames > Buck

...Germany they are from, all the census say something different like from Selesia, Poland or Germany or Prussia. I know that some parts of Germany were owned by Poland and Prussia at different times in history. It...

Looking for others researching Jacob Byerly of Pittsburgh, and descendants thereof living in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, Posted on: 21 Oct 2013, by  marmie1961

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Westmoreland

...the Jeanette and Greensburg areas. Jacob Byerly B:abt 1791 in Saurbruck "Saarbrücken", Prussia, Germany D:07 May 1858 in Oakland, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, USA his includ...

Re: Paradowski in Posen/Poznan Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  jmparadowski

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...that town after where they came from but have no proof of any Paradowski relative from Posen Poland, or Prussia as it was called during their time of birth.

Re: Elbes in WI Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  Joseph Elbe

Surnames > Elbe

...Russian was suppose to be Prussian. I believe, when looking at the information, the family came from Prussia, which was a German kingdom. I am very interested in finding out more. My father was Emory, son o...

Re: Kreis Schlochau - Parish Foestenau Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  Jeff Schultz

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

...helping people with Prussian ancestors in Poland, ask him if you want, he's working for old East and West Prussia, Pomerania, Posen, Neumark and Silesia. I'm very pleased about the cooperation with him. Be...

Re: BORKENHAGEN in Prussia Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  Jeff Schultz

Hello, I do not know much about Borkenhagen in any Prussian location, I've been researching Schultz from Posen, Wilhelm Schultz born 1815 in Posen and his descendants - Arnold Schultz, b. 1847 in Pos...

Re: Birth Certificate - Danzig, Germany (now Danzig, Poland) Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  Jeff Schultz

Hi, my researches were about ancestors from Posen and Neumark, and I hired a professional Polish genealogist to do that. I don't speak German or Polish, in fact Polish is an extremely complicated lan...

Re: wesenberg Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  jasonencounte...

Surnames > Wesenberg

...know if Frederich Sr had any other children? perhaps a Karl or Charles? I have a Karl who migrated from Prussia in 1852 to Texas with wife Charlottte. Thanks, jason May

Grandparents and aunts from Stralsund Posted on: 22 Oct 2013, by  NancyLongneff

I am looking for any records regarding my grandfather, Franz (Fritz or Friederick) LANGNEFF, grandmother Augusta PAUTZ, and aunts Emilie PAUTZ and Anna PAUTZ. The only information I have is that they ...

Re: guntsch from oak harbor,ohio Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  StJEmery

Surnames > Guntsch

...find out information on the children and parents of Rosena Guntsch . I have her born in Waldau, Posen, Prussia, married to Gottfried Lieske, with a son August Henry Lieske who was born on 8/9/1857 in Walda...

Gartner Family Photos /information Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  nordicgirl56

Surnames > Gartner

...London on Jul 1 1866. I am looking for anyone that may have information on their family before leaving Prussia. and after I have no photos at all of them at all and if anyone can help with anything it would ...

Re: Blum name Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  ElizabethKili...

Surnames > Blum

...grandfather was a Bloomfield, however he had a brother called James Blum. James Blum and his family were from Prussia and sailed to England. James was in a Jewish boarding school and his brother changed his ...

Re: Kreis Schlochau - Parish Foestenau Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  genealogy1261...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > West Prussia

...evangelical [German Lutheran State religion, as I recall] - There is an awesome gazeteer for East/West Prussia at http://www.progenealogists.com/germany/prussia/ I found it by looking on http://www.feefhs.org/link...

Re: Coughenour & Goughenour - vs - Kochenower & Kochenour Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  B_Kochenower

Surnames > Kochenower

...a 100-mile radius of present-day Prague, Czech. People from in and around these hot-springs of old Prussia could be accurately called KOCHENAUERS. (... just as people or things from Hamburg are labeled &quo...

Re: Johannes Wittwer Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  Eva Maria Kos...

Surnames > Wittwer

...Christian, was younger, and it's mentioned that he left first for Germany, later went further to East Prussia. So if you mention, that he was only short in America, then went back to "the old country&qu...

Re: George Spencer born in Missouri 1830 died 1860s. Married to Abigail Stephens in 1860. Father of Bennett Lindsey Posted on: 24 Oct 2013, by  thomasker2

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Bollinger

I’m not related to any member of this family. George Spencer may have been buried in a mass grave with no records kept. This is your problem - Facts you should know about the early census records...

Re: SKIBBE - Wisconsin Posted on: 24 Oct 2013, by  Ameriguy

Surnames > Skibbe

...on Frank Skibbe and Anna Schubert: Franz / Frank J Skibbe b. (unproven) 18 Apr 1873 in Koling, West Prussia Departed Hamburg 29 Oct 1896 on the Ship Fürst Bismark of the Hamburg Amerika Linie Occupati...

Re: FISCHER/GANZ relatives, Lodz, Prussia Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  shellbekins

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lodz

Yes! I believe we were able to confirm those names!

Re: New info on Otto (Frederick) Phillippi; Phillips Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  pemdas975

Surnames > Philippi

...related! Have you found any info since this post? The farthest I've got is Bremen, Branden, and East Prussia. The oldest generation I can find is Otto/Carl & Augusta and Frederick & Anna. Is Charlott...

Re: Henry Gollubsky - From West Prussia/Poland to Phillipsburg NJ to Easton PA Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  TinaPayton51

Surnames > Golubski

...Gollubske. Here Grandfather Julius (or another relative said Gottleib) came to America in 1876 from Prussia. They originally settled outside of Cleveland, then moved to central Wisconsin (Shawano & Waupa...

Irene Kuhnke Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  Shannon Johns...

Surnames > Kunka

Hello. Just wondering if you guys have any information on my great grandmother, born in prussia (on a farm) in 1918. Her name is Irene, and I can't seem to find information on her anywhere besides records of...

Re: family history Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  TinaPayton51

Surnames > Golubski

...Marathon County, WI. Frank and Herman's father was Julius Gollubske and mother was Mathilda Hoffmann, from Prussia and Germany. I'd love to hear from you if you get this message. I have a picture of Frank a...

Re: Kunka/Kunke/Kuhnke Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  Shannon Johns...

Surnames > Kunka

Do you have an Irene Kuhnke anywhere in your tree? She is my great grandmother, born in 1918 (prussia) and our family has no info beyond that besides she lived on a farm and married a Pohl (who died in the r...

Re: Henry Gollubsky - From West Prussia/Poland to Phillipsburg NJ to Easton PA Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  davidgolem

Surnames > Golubski

Thanks for that Tina. Have you found the town or village in West Prussia from which Julius or Gottliebe came? West Prussia seems to have been a fairly integrated community back in the first half of the 1800s, so ...

Harry Kimes (1876-1909) Posted on: 25 Oct 2013, by  CindeeLou8024

Surnames > Kimes

...in Adair County, Iowa. Our Harry Kimes was the son of Joseph and Mary Kimes who lived on a farm in Prussia Twp, Adair County, Iowa. He married Emma L. Wickwire in 1897 and they had one daughter together i...

Re: Pauline Berndt, Cleveland, OH & Pansin, Prussia Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  jennwillhite

Surnames > Berendt

...on the web, this site has marriage records from 1800 to 1899.They also have a link to other areas in Prussia. I have found many of my relatives through this. Remember, surnames do change over time. During i...

Re: Alwin in Wisconsin Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  jennwillhite

Surnames > Alwin

...an Alwin. They lived in Oshkosh, Winnebago co. Wisconsin. from 1889 when they immigrated from Poznen, Prussia. My gg's name was Anges Alwin. She married Thomas Joannes Casimer Berendt. Her siblings were John...

Re: Alwin in Wisconsin Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  jennwillhite

Surnames > Alwin

Did your Alwins come from Prussia? My gg was Anges Alwin and she was born in Poznen Prussia. I believe her brother Paul had children that kept the Alwin line going in Wisconsin.

Re: Alwins in WI. Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  jennwillhite

Surnames > Alwin

...Alwins may be yours! If you would like to know more about the family I have info up to early 1800s in Prussia. You can e-mail me at dakotamain92@yahoo.com

Re: Stewart family Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  PaSain

Surnames > Stewart

...Stewart 10 Illinois 1930/1942 Walnut, Bureau, IL Charles William Hoffman born 29 Dec 1889 Northern Prussia/Germany immigrated 1905 married 1 Jan 1916 Alice Pearl Smiley Hoffman 17 June 1895 Ohio,Bureau IL-...

Re: Marie Caroline Friedricke "Reka" Elizabeth LIPPERT (1823-1912) Prussia>WI Posted on: 26 Oct 2013, by  HollyFan67

Surnames > Lippert

Tom I live in Marquette County WI & just came across this cemetery where some of these people are buried. Let me know if I can be of any assistance or maybe you know of this cemetery already. Do y...

Re: Mergenthal in Texas in 1850's to 1880's Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  usagibuffy

Surnames > Mergenthal

I have Mergenthals in Palestine, TX, in the 1870s onward. John Mergenthal (b. abt. 1836 in Prussia) married Anna "Mina" Voight in 1875. They are present on the 1880 census there. I have not tracked...

Re: Thomas Rask Holm (b)1824 (from Denmark to San Francisco, cerca 1845-50) updated Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  falsterden

Surnames > Holm

LOL good to know, thanks for the heads up that you have other duties calling now, and you're welcome. For future reference, here's that 1855 ship's manifest I posted earlier. This man arrives in San ...

Re: The Pomeranian connection found in German-American newspapers Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  jrosered

Surnames > Arndt

I have Emil Arndt born in 1859 Karwitz Prussia,married Lillian Dickenson born in ny 1862 ,Children Arthur Arndt ,1884-1923 Alma arndt 1880 all died in Utica ny. Emil's father Johann Friedrich Arndt 1813-188...

Arndt,Raabe Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  jrosered

Surnames > Arndt

I have Emil Arndt born in 1859 Karwitz Prussia,married Lillian Dickenson born in ny 1862 ,Children Arthur Arndt ,1884-1923 Alma arndt 1880 all died in Utica ny. Emil's father Johann Friedrich Arndt 1813-188...

Vietor/Victor Milwaukee to Winona (of Koblenz, Pussia) Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  jscott523

Surnames > Vietor

...Vietor/Victor (birth 1805, Joannes, alternative Johann). He and his wife Anna Marie Magdalena came from Koblenz, Prussia on or about 1848. They settled in Milwaukee, WI. Their oldest son was John Fredrick Vi...

Victor/Vietor Milwaukee to Winona (of Koblenz, Pussia) Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  jscott523

Surnames > Victor

...Vietor/Victor (birth 1805, Joannes, alternative Johann). He and his wife Anna Marie Magdalena came from Koblenz, Prussia on or about 1848. They settled in Milwaukee, WI. Their oldest son was John Fredrick Vi...

Re: Meemken from Markhausen / Gehlenberg - Germany Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  bgraber123

Surnames > Meemken

...Agnes Pluth Ivetz October 2, 1895. Other information is that Heinrich Meemken came to America from Prussia with his wife Regina, daughters Anna Marie and Margareta and son Gerhard around August 1, 1872, and...

Re: George Garbisch & Maria Elis. Gierach, m. 20 Apr 1847, announced in Milwaukee's German newspapers Posted on: 28 Oct 2013, by  rebholzgary

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Milwaukee

...grandmother was Marie Elizabeth Riedel b about 1802 and she married a Georg Garbisch - they lived in Prussia, Klein Ujeschuetz Silesia & they immigrated in about 1840 & settled in the Mequon/Freistad...

Rödeler Family of Poland or Germany (possibly, other Prussian country) Posted on: 29 Oct 2013, by  saradeux

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...unfortunately, feel like I have hit a dead end. In truth, all I am certain about is that they were born in Prussia, left a sister and mother behind, and were most likely of middle or upper class. If any has ...

Re: Henry Frinkman ~ Prussia / Wisconsin / South Dakota Posted on: 29 Oct 2013, by  dtnorling

...children or have you discovered what you needed ? I do believe Della was the daughter of Henry Frinkman (Prussia ) and Jane Lowrie. (Scotland ) . Henry's Father possibly..Johann H Frenkmann? (Prussia ) I'd love ...

Re: Birth Certificate - Danzig, Germany (now Danzig, Poland) Posted on: 29 Oct 2013, by  Mad4Mod1963

There are quite a few Polish records online, some actual images, some not. I would suggest, if possible that you join a local Polish Genealogical Society. I belong to the Polish Genealogical of Michi...

Re: Sichting Genealogy Posted on: 29 Oct 2013, by  m_a_hotchkiss

My name is Maria (Denney) Hotchkiss and my great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Sichting. My daughter in law says they came from Eberstatd, however my grandmother said they came from ESPERSTADT. If ...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions