Search the Boards

Search Results for "wigtownshire" - 2,912 Messages

per page

MCMILLEN Posted on: 06 Jul 1998, by Jeff McMillen

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

James MCMILLEN b. 1715, Dunragit Village, Wigtownshire. Parents Francis MCMILLEN and Martha ?. Siblings include Robert and John MCMILLEN both apparently born in Dunragit Village before 1729. Any information on th...

MARTIN, MCNEARY, ALLISON, KILGORE Posted on: 30 Oct 1998, by  gswain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > York

Am interested in finding death date of Isabell McNeary Martin consort of Samuel Martin from Wigtownshire, Scot to York Co. pre 1775. Buried Guinston Presbyterian Church. Need spouse of Solomon Kilgore, m. date, d...

HANNAY Posted on: 17 Dec 1998, by Wayne Hannay

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

John Hannay was born Sept 21 1814 in Penninghame, Wigtownshire. He married Jane Newton July 13 1846 in Lancaster. They had at least two children: i Thomas Hannay born 1846 in Pennington, Leigh, Lancashire. ii Sam...

MCKEE Posted on: 23 May 1998, by  UN4D08

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...for his father John b. 1660-1665 Kirkcudbrightshire or his grandfather John b.abt. 1640 Penningham, Wigtownshire , Scotland. Any help appreciated. I have been to McKeesport Pa. and decend from David b. 1710 , Da...

McGuffie/McGuffog - KKD Posted on: 19 Sep 1998, by  marcelsafier

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...William MCGUFFOG Agnes SLOAN This family bears no obvious relation to the one I am tracing which is from Wigtownshire. Hope this helps. Marcel

STEWART-TONGUE- Posted on: 28 Aug 1998, by  DoreenNelson7...

...researching the above families. There is a chance that the above JOHN STEWART was born at Penninghame, Wigtownshire Doreen Nelson, New ZealandDOREEN.NELSON

Barbara Hogg b.1869 m John Robertson 1891 in Kinning Park, Glasgow Posted on: 22 Oct 1998, by  neener53

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Charles Hogg and Barbara Henderson. Parents of Elizabeth were Andrew McMillan and Jane Martin m. 1833 in Wigtownshire. If anyone has any info on any of these people it would be greatly appreciated.

McKEAGUE Posted on: 28 Apr 1999, by Kristin MCKEAG SOWDERS

Surnames > McKeague

...places. In 1397 the names Mcheyg and Mcheyge were recorded in Derry and in 1486 the Makhaig was noted in Wigtownshire. Sometime later the H was dropped and resulted in spellings of McAig, McAige or McCaig, also t...

Family History Posted on: 20 Apr 1999, by Richard Horner

Alexander Horner born Dec. 11 1881 or 1882 in Glenluce, Wigtownshire, to Alexander and Martha Craig. Martha's fathers name was Joseph Craig and her mother's name was Love. Alexander father's name was John Horner....

SEARCH Posted on: 24 Mar 1999, by WILLIAM L CLAVE

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Morris

SEEKING ANY INFORMATION ON THE CLAVE FAMILY THAT EMIGRATED FROM INCH, WIGTOWN OR WIGTOWNSHIRE SCOTLAND IN THE 1800S. AND RELOCATED IN BOONTON, NJ. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OF EARLY SCOTTISH HISTORY OF ROBERT, WILLIAM O...

Re: Coventry Posted on: 09 May 1999, by Bob Coventry

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Columbia

...of William Coventry of Claverack, Columbia (Albany) county. William was born 1 Mar 1713 Glasserton, Wigtownshire, Scotland the son of Robert Coventry and Janet Cunninghame. William and his brother Capt. George Co...

DOUGLAS, Thomas b.19-Sep-1844 Posted on: 04 May 1999, by Malcolm Paterson

Localities > North America > Canada > General

b.09/19/1844 Sorbie,Wigtownshire,Scotland m.06/15/1876 Dykehead,Hamilton,Lanarkshire,Scotland to Jane Spiers b.06/01/1855 East Kilbride,Lanarkshire,Scotland Six children born in Scotland: Thomas b.abt.1878 John b...

DUNCAN/ROBERTSON Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by Linda Foiles

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

...married to Susannah Leyburn (date unknown). I know that John and Susannah Duncan were in Portpatrick, Wigtownshire in 1818 - 1820, because of the recording of the birth of two of their sons. They were in Montrose...

Hawthorn Posted on: 27 Mar 1999, by  agreenly

Noted your interest in Hawthown which also turns up as Hathorn and is rare in Wigtownshire. I have a John Hathorn m Jean McKie 23 Apr 1696 Kirkinner Parish WIG. They had 7 children and I have a following two gene...

Kevan Posted on: 03 Apr 1999, by  agreenly

Looking for any Kevan(d) in the Wigtownshire and Kirkcudbrightshire area

Boyce Family Posted on: 18 Jun 1999, by Norma Boyce

...for info on the Boyce family believed to have lived in Cassaend, Kelton, Kirkcudbrightshire; Capenoch, Wigtownshire; and Whithorn/Wigtown, Wigtownshire areas in the mid 1700's. Specifically looking for links to Alexander Boy...

Pinwherry Posted on: 22 Dec 1999, by Bob McCutcheon

Hi there Trisha Try Colmonell Parish in South Ayrshire. Part borders with Wigtownshire. Stretches inland from coast about twelve miles south of Girvan and contains village of Pinwherry. Cheers Bob

Wigtown Posted on: 20 Aug 1999, by  Elizmr25

Wigtown is a royal burgh and the county town of Wigtownshire. It is an area in the S.W. of Scotland with a coast-line of 120miles, bounded S. and W. by the Irish Sea, on the N. by Ayrshire and on the E. by Kirkcu...

Searching Family Posted on: 29 Sep 1999, by Sandra Geddes

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

Searching the children of James McWilliam & Jenet McKie all born Kirkcowan Wigtownshire SCT but moved to the Toxteth Park area of Lancashire after James died 1870 William born 1840 Margaret b 1845 M= John Hig...

Eaglesham/Eaglesome Posted on: 04 Aug 1999, by Heather Stacey

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

...information concerning the following: James EAGLESHAM b. 1791 Ballantrae/Jean BROWN b. 1793 (possibly Wigtownshire)married 1816. Known children: James 1811 (born out of wedlock), Robert 1817, Thomas 1819, Willia...

Wilson Family Posted on: 07 Sep 1999, by Shirley Hammer

...Ballantrae,Ayrshire).They had 5 children James,Agnes,Annie Jane,Thomas and John.They moved to New Luce, Wigtownshire. I would like to know if anyone has any information on the parents of John Wilson and Elizabeth...

county Down & co. Antrim,No. Irel.UK Posted on: 12 Nov 1999, by  MildredRhoton...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

My Irish People were also from kirkcudbright co Scotland and Wigtownshire co Scotland in the early 1700's and earlier they were of the Presbyterian church members. anyone that has any of these lines, please conta...

Houston of Wigtown Posted on: 28 Dec 1999, by alayne jones

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

...think)in 1885. Wigtown is what we would call a county of Scotland, there are many references to Wigtown, Wigtownshire etc in literature I have read. It makes it all very confusing. I have a book called "In t...

McCheyne/Milligan Posted on: 27 Aug 1999, by  WSMutch

Richard Milligan (1861- ?) married Mary McCheyne (1856-) in Wigtownshire on 30 Apr 1884. Their offspring could be anywhere. Mary was the daur of Owen McCheyne and Mary Brown. Most of her siblings immigrated to US...

McWILLIAM Posted on: 19 Sep 1999, by bette

...anyone researching McWILLIAM. My direct line shows folk in the Town of Dumfries and Old Luce/Glen Luce Wigtownshire. Associated names KILPATRICK - SHANNON - GIBSON - McDOWALL

Milligan Posted on: 30 Dec 1999, by Bill Mutch

...1891 in Kirkcowan and son Richard James b 1 Feb 1895 in Kirkcowan. There were a lot of Milligans in Wigtownshire and Kirkcudbright, but if this makes sense to you, let me know. Bill Mutch

Hanna - Hannay Family Posted on: 10 Sep 1999, by Alberta Blum Bertolino

Surnames > Hanna

...maternal grandmother is a Hannay and we trace our roots to Sorbie Tower in Scotland. It is located in Wigtownshire in the South. You may want to try the website: http://www.clanhanna.org It contains a wealth of i...

Moore''s and Muir''s of Ayrshire, one in the same Posted on: 31 Dec 1999, by  MchMaybury

Surnames > Muir

...Muir b. abt.1786 -d. 1875 married Elsibeth Shaw b. abt.1786 the family was basically found around the WigtownShire, Sorbie area as well as the Ballentrae, Ayr. area. of the SW of Scotland. any help would be grea...

Hannay Families Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by Wayne Hannay

Surnames > Hannay

...In particular, im searching for Dr. Samuel Hannay and family. Samuel was born ABT 1790 I believe in Wigtownshire. He may have had several children, however, one was John Hannay also born in Wigtownshire. Descendants were fro...

Robert and Agnes (nee Gibson) Dunlop Posted on: 11 Jan 2000, by  LynneKeedwell...

Surnames > Dunlop

I am looking for descendants of the above They lived in Wigtownshire Scotland - had 11 children.Three went to Ohio and three came to New Zealand - we are searching Scotland for the remainder -William, Alexander,J...

Paton names(Pattie) Posted on: 16 Jan 2000, by Dale Cook

I have Janet Paton born ~ 1840 Kirkmaiden, Wigtownshire died 10 June 1887 Kilmarnock. She was the daughter of John Paton (ploughman) and Jane Garrett. Janet married Andrew Hay 31 Oct 1862 at Manshew, Parish of St...

Hannays Posted on: 01 Feb 2000, by Malcolm Cunningham

Surnames > Hannay

in reply to Wayne Hannay, 9th Jan, my great grandfather was a John Hannay of Wigtownshire.He and his wife lived in Glasgow at the turn of the 19th Century.

Walker Family Posted on: 03 Feb 2000, by Jamie Douglas

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

I am looking for any information about Isabella Yeats Walker born 20th November 1866 in Penningahme,Wigtownshire. I know that she emigrated to America but I do not know where. The only piece of information I have...

Elizabeth McKeand NELSON (d. 3.18.1902) Posted on: 12 Feb 2000, by  jchobits

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Wasco

...cause of her demise, for she had reached three score and twenty years. Elizabeth McKeand was born in Wigtownshire, Scotland January 9, 1822 and was married to James Nelson October 27, 1846. Together they came to ...

Hannays Posted on: 17 Feb 2000, by WayneHannay

Surnames > Hannay

A bit more info:My great grandfather was John Hannay of Powton (married Mary Carnie), Wigtownshire. His father was John Hannay of Corhulloch (married Mary McMaster), W. whose father was John Hannay, miller at Mon...

John and Agnes Posted on: 02 Mar 2000, by  karadstevens

Surnames > McHarg

...the British Army so that he would be sent to Canada and came in 1856. William was born in Stranraer, Wigtownshire, Wigtown, Scotland. He does not appear in Stranraer in the 1841 census, nor do his parents. Will...

McCulloch's of Wigtownshire Posted on: 04 Mar 2000, by  wifebunny

Surnames > McCulloch

Looking for info on James McCulloch and wife Elizabeth Anderson from Stranraer,Wigtownshire,Scotland. Their family consists of Janet(b.1828),Mary(b.1830),James(b.1835),Elizabeth(b.1838),David,Robert and Margaret.

Mary McCrae Posted on: 21 Mar 2000, by  wgm176

...the daughter of James McCrae, b.1855 in Portpatrick and Mary Parker,(co-incidence)? b. 1855 New Luce, Wigtownshire. Any info.on Mary or Archibald Parker? Relevant indices checked at New Registry House without suc...

Morrows in Scotland Posted on: 03 Apr 2000, by Nathan D. England

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

...only vague info that the surname Morrow was from Renfrewshire, Ayrshire, Dumfriesshire & Galloway, Wigtownshire, etc., et al; it is impossible to track down any exact records since these Lowland Scots Presbyt...

Agnes Dunlop! Posted on: 10 Apr 2000, by  LynneKeedwell...

Surnames > Dunlop

Hi! Faelynne - You are further back than we are - Agnes Gibson b about 1809 in Wigtownshire married Robert Dunlop about 1828 - we dont have a birth, marriage or death certificate for Robert - we think he may have...

New Cumnock/Dalmellington families Posted on: 11 Apr 2000, by Laura Boldebook

...married James Adair in Dalmellington in 1856. James was the son of James and Eliza (Meikle) Adair of Wigtownshire. My 2nd gr.grandmother was Henrietta's sister, Isabella, who married James Rankin in Dalmellingto...

Reeds Land Posted on: 12 Apr 2000, by  sonofgeorge

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...Wallace,McKay,Yule,Yuill,Walker in Lanarkshire Forsyth,Ferguson,Renton,Redpath,Finlay,Taitt ELN McHarrie in Wigtownshire

New Southern Scotland Genealogy E-group Posted on: 19 Apr 2000, by Stuart Hastings

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Roxburghshire > General

...encompases Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Roxburghshire, Berwickshire, Selkirkshire, Peeblesshire and Wigtownshire. It is possible to post messages, upload/download files and arrange chat sessions with collabo...

New Southern Scotland e-group Posted on: 19 Apr 2000, by Stuart Hastings

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

...encompases Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Roxburghshire, Berwickshire, Selkirkshire, Peeblesshire and Wigtownshire. It is possible to post messages, upload/download files and arrange chat sessions with collabo...

New Southern Scotland Genealogy e-group Posted on: 19 Apr 2000, by Stuart Hastings

Dodds from Wigtownshire Posted on: 21 Apr 2000, by William M Connell

Surnames > Dodds

I have Dodds in my direct ancestry who originate in Wigtownshire in the Stoneykirk district, they moved from thence to Ayrshire. The name was last used in my family by my aunt Margaret Dodds Hunter who died in 19...

McCracken Family - Wigtownshire Scotland Posted on: 03 May 2000, by Gail Edwards

Surnames > McCracken

Looking for McCrackens from Stoneykirk Wigtownshire Scotland Maggie McCracken married Charles Dickson Rutherford 1878. Her father john Maitland Blair McCracken mother was Euphemia Cluckie

Cluckie Family Wigtownshire Scotland Posted on: 03 May 2000, by Gail Edwards

Surnames > Cluckie

Looking for information on Cluckie family from Scotland. Euphemia Cluckie married John Maitland Blair McCracken had daughter Maggie McCracken also sister Agnes

Galloway Posted on: 11 May 2000, by rose

Surnames > Galloway

Hi, l also have Galloways in Kirkcudbrightshire / Wigtownshire. lm only at roughly 1820 so ive got a lot more searching to do. Our Galloway names include Margaret, John, William, Alexander, Thomas, Robert, James,...

MCCRACKENS FROM WIGTOWNSHIRE Posted on: 18 May 2000, by  BettyMcCracke...

Surnames > McCracken

DON PALMER - PLEASE CONTACT ME RE MCCRACKENS FROM WIGTOWNSHIRE AS WE MAY BE RELATED,MY HUSBANDS FAMILY ALSO CAME FROM THAT AREA cracken@omninet.net.au

per page